Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray, CMS and Aspirations

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I noticed that today skybet have closed the odds book on CMS next club. It was there yesterday with leicester odds on and now its know more.

Guessing something is done already, otherwise the book would still be open with CMS to Leicester at 1/25 - 1/100 etc

why have they pulled it?

Augustus

Jul 2, 2011
How do you know we are not still in for him?? Look at KLL it was all a done deal.................and we know where we are on that score. Who knows what might happen? As Gus said, have peterborough actually rejected our offer?

Fair point, just doesn't seem likely now IMO.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I understand that CMS is yet to make up his mind who he wishes to join.

Whats respectable about running a club and putting us into serious debt,dick always got lucky with us without spending nothing.Remember who was keeping us afloat while dick was chairman.Anyone can run a business at big losses and put nout in,so that sums it up.
I remember all you people on here saying dick was god yet if dick was still here now we would be fuc$ked end of.Dick bought us back to brighton and that wad a great thing,but debts mounted and the begging bowls appeared.

DK did everything he could, WITHOUT plunging us into debt. It was a difficult tightrope line he had to walk in order to keep BHAFC around while petitioning and submitting plans and fielding complaints and objections etc. He was not at fault for difficult circumstances, and when we sold players it was because we had to. The Gareth Barry debacle inadvertently helped us financially (not through any intent of Gregory's) and the FACTS stand now attesting that we got where we are despite all the odds against. Lucky here lucky there, maybe, but he had what it took to put us up as luck's target.

You should respect that

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
DK did everything he could, WITHOUT plunging us into debt. It was a difficult tightrope line he had to walk in order to keep BHAFC around while petitioning and submitting plans and fielding complaints and objections etc. He was not at fault for difficult circumstances, and when we sold players it was because we had to. The Gareth Barry debacle inadvertently helped us financially (not through any intent of Gregory's) and the FACTS stand now attesting that we got where we are despite all the odds against. Lucky here lucky there, maybe, but he had what it took to put us up as luck's target.

You should respect that
Cause i respect the old codger although to say he didn't plung us into debt is an understatement,i recall it being around 10 million by the time dick left and mr bloom picked up the tab.You know the club was losing millions while at withdean and you know mr knight had little money to put in,all im saying is mr knight actually kept his god status on a serious high thanks to bloom coming in at the right time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
and now QPR are in talks with him, i think that might be a step to far at the moment
QPR would be pointless as he would be on the bench all the time and that would not please CMS as he wants to start every game.Its still between westham and leicester so forget the rest. :)

Cause i respect the old codger although to say he didn't plung us into debt is an understatement,i recall it being around 10 million by the time dick left and mr bloom picked up the tab.You know the club was losing millions while at withdean and you know mr knight had little money to put in,all im saying is mr knight actually kept his god status on a serious high thanks to bloom coming in at the right time.

There's a negative note in your respect for "the old codger" I can't help noticing. Resentment at 'a god status' which I don't think most people perceive. When we took him out for a dinner season before last, he was humble and genuine about the recognition, and it wasn't any kiss-arse affair. Can't you just be thankful he was the one person who DID stick his neck out when no-one else did?
It took a "do it, and do it NOW" person to pick up the reins and the tab.
I mean, how do you think he did "plung(e) us into debt" ?? Were you about to fish into YOUR pockets, reluctantly bemoaning how DK had stuck YOU into a compromising financial position? So who is this "us" you speak of?

Remembering that LDC and Falmer residents cost the club all kinds of money, and that DK maintained BHAFC as a surviving concern WITHOUT putting us deep into excess - I wonder WHERE you got the figure of "10 million"?
There are some rather far-reaching statements in your posts that make me curious as to where conjecture, truth, and fabrication are found.
Do you have a source, or do you make it up as you go along?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can honestly say I've never been so excited about a signing. A genuine SIGNING OF INTENT. Also a shaddupa-ya-face to the know-alls on here who insisted that it was a) a done deal with Norwich/Leicester/West Ham/QPR and b) we couldn't afford him anyways. To you clowns THPP says: You know NOTHING! Ha. Ha.

And the icing on the cake is, obviously...

_51861712_mackail_smith.jpg

Yay! Yay! And thrice YAY! :clap:

Last edited:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
From listening to the Posh chairman on PUTV it seems that Leicester were fine but wanted 10 days whilst Sven came back from holiday. West Ham bid more than anyone else and then withdrew.
Must laugh at the comment that it is a sideways move.

No not really is it.

On no level are Peterborough United as big a club as us.

Great business though and I am sure the finances have been squared.

TNBA

TTF

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Amazing signing. I was astounded we were even in the running tbh. To end up winning the race for his signature is truly mind blowing! Gus and Tony got their man and played this brilliantly. I think their management is first class, I liked it that CMS said they treated him like an adult, didn't pressure him and told him to go and talk to other interested parties. Our wonderful football club is in very safe hands, these people are well respected and truly professional. We are at the start of a golden age and I believe we will be talking and reminiscing about this period for years and years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here