Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray, CMS and Aspirations

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's no different from the Dick Tight days: "We tried to get player x but just missed out". :angry:

Am I alone with getting fed up with this stupid 'Dick Tight' reference ? Dick Knight may not have anything like the money that Tony Bloom has but were it not for him Mr Bloom quite possibly wouldn't have had a team to subsidise. Show a bit of respect.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Am I alone with getting fed up with this stupid 'Dick Tight' reference ? Dick Knight may not have anything like the money that Tony Bloom has but were it not for him Mr Bloom quite possibly wouldn't have had a team to subsidise. Show a bit of respect.
And if it was for bloom we wouldn't have had any chance of funding falmer,least we know that but we don't know the DICK TIGHT side,ifs and buts but its acient news:)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

No, you're not alone, we're where we are now because of Dick Knight & Tony Bloom

It's not necessary still, to be getting in already-proven players of expense.
If we can properly utilize the potential we have, and discover excellent youth out there who will be the next brilliant players - then we will be in better shape anyway.
We really are still in a better position to attract brilliant but lower-league players.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Adam Le Fondre wouldn't cost £3million.

I agree the references to 'dick tight' are short sighted and stupid, and show a basic lack of respect.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
I said on a different thread, its great that we bid that amount, but i worry about the quality we are going to get for 3m, dont get me wrong, CMS would have been a great at 3m, but take him out of the picture now, what is around for £3m that is going to be a 20 goal a year striker that we need, I mean Billly Sharp has never set the world alight and he has had bids of £3.5 TURNED DOWN for him. I honestly think we may be priced out of the market again and we may end of starting the season with what we have unless he plucks a quality loan signing up or some how plucks a Gem from Europe.

Didn't Billy Sharp reject the move not the club?

Also who knows, Poyet may have already plucked a GEM from Europe??????

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

:facepalm:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about sentiments posted on our aspirations. After years of surviving on limited income, we now appear to have what the tabloids would call, a WARCHEST

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Didn't Billy Sharp reject the move not the club?

Yes, spot on. Doncaster accepted a £3.25 million bid, as said it was too good an offer to turn down. I wonder how much Le Fondre would cost, could probably drive a lower price out of Rotherham as he wants to leave.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Just read the Argus, Poyet saying that this bid shows that we mean business, he suggests that the Peterborough chariman was lying when saying that our bid wasn't 'anywhere near' Laicester's bid. when asked if our interest was over, he said that Leicester haven't yet turned down our bid but it's in their hands.

No news re. KLL and starting to progess on other targets but he is still our main target in his position.

So, tell us what YOU did to keep The Albion in business, aside from attending some matches 'because you could'?

bhaexpress is right, and it's got very old to see these sorry-arsed critics (like he had while he was struggling to get the Falmer plans passed, taking on councils and nimbys before landing up in the time when it was way more expensive a project and banks suddenly refused to loan).

DK didn't have the £££ in abundance, but that makes him even more respectable in my book.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So, tell us what YOU did to keep The Albion in business, aside from attending some matches 'because you could'?

bhaexpress is right, and it's got very old to see these sorry-arsed critics (like he had while he was struggling to get the Falmer plans passed, taking on councils and nimbys before landing up in the time when it was way more expensive a project and banks suddenly refused to loan).

DK didn't have the £££ in abundance, but that makes him even more respectable in my book.

Nothing, at that particular time I was working the trawlers, besides I was still a Spurs fan back then.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Dick Knight saved this club.
Bloom has taken it to the next level but no-one should forget what Knight did.
If it weren't for him the club would have gone under under the guidance of Bellotti and Archer.
Anyone who does not realise quite how bad a position the club was in before Knight came in should read Build a Bonfire

Augustus

Jul 2, 2011
Don't believe everything you read in the papers (especially the Argus) or hear on the radio. I seriously doubt we offered anything near £3m, and there's no way we can compete with West Ham and Leicester for wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here