Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bloom - Why it has to happen now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coppell jumped ship at Reading when he realised that they were only going to go one way he wouldnt be able to stop the rot.

Curbishley is still taking legal acvtion against West Ham so has no need to look for a job.

I believe that we are left with either an old hand like George Graham and somebody like Tony Adams with him or a young coach/assistant, an out of work manager like Steve Cotterill or the more realistic possibility that I would chose of Wise/Poyet.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Coppell jumped ship at Reading when he realised that they were only going to go one way he wouldnt be able to stop the rot.

Curbishley is still taking legal acvtion against West Ham so has no need to look for a job.

I believe that we are left with either an old hand like George Graham and somebody like Tony Adams with him or a young coach/assistant, an out of work manager like Steve Cotterill or the more realistic possibility that I would chose of Wise/Poyet.

I know I'm a fan of keeping Slade and stability, but if you give me a realistic decent alternative then I'll happily consider it.

Yet as you said above, Curbs and Coppell are very unlikely to come here. And the other suggestions? f*** me I think we'd be better off with Slade. Tony Adams?? Gareth Southgate?? George Graham?? Really? :(

I think that if Coppell wants to get back into management - and it's a big if - we could be an attractive proposition for him.

He has nothing left to prove, pretty much the only way from here for us is up, I don't really see any downside for him.

And he can get us to Falmer, get us into the Championship and then retire and bask in the glory or maybe work with a younger manager and push on towards the Premiership.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I suppose if we changed manager then hopefully the new manager would move Booker and White on... I wonder if thats where the problem is to be honest, we had the problem before Slade?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Coppell would be my choice but would he come? He might so it'd be worth asking him as now many of the things that should have been in place when he was here before are now happening, eg, Falmer plus there is SOME money for players. We remain a club with huge potential and Coppell, and others, know that. I have absolutely no doubt that IF we did manage to get him he'd be successful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I'm a fan of keeping Slade and stability, but if you give me a realistic decent alternative then I'll happily consider it.

Yet as you said above, Curbs and Coppell are very unlikely to come here. And the other suggestions? f*** me I think we'd be better off with Slade. Tony Adams?? Gareth Southgate?? George Graham?? Really? :(

My thinking on this is that when manager and captain at Arsenal Graham and Adams were very good and perhaps they could work together to bring us on. Granted their defence was mostly down to coaching by Don Howe. Wouldnt want any as a single man but the two as a team, the thought would excite me.

lenny

Jul 19, 2005
BEXHILL-ON-SEA
The appointment of Slade was a huge mistake. I have always regarded him as a typical lower league manager. The sort who would probably keep you in the division but not take you out. In other words his teams would not get you relegated but also not get you promoted.

Brighton need a high profile manager to take the club forward in readiness for Falmer. Coppell, Curbishley or Southgate spring to mind but they must bring in their own backroom staff.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As someone who has staunchly been in Slade's corner this season I'm now coming round to the opinion that things can't go on like this for much longer. I still think you guys were on his back far too early but that is another argument. .

Turncoat! Typical of the fans who slaughtered ernest, US etc merely for spotting worrying traits a lot earlier than they did. And now you all start to jump ship. It's ok to do so, but first apologise and take some rennie to ease the intake of your humble pie. Turncoats...:bigwave:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I suppose if we changed manager then hopefully the new manager would move Booker and White on... I wonder if thats where the problem is to be honest, we had the problem before Slade?

We won't know until they have gone! we have changed managers, we have changed players, those two are the only constant. Mind you Booker was sacked then re-employed!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We remain a club with huge potential

But do we?

We have not managed attendances in excess of 10,000 since 1983/4.

We have lost money every season for the last 35 years.

There is NO evidence of this potential in my view, we're just a small provincial seaside team with fans who have expectations that exceed our resources.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But do we?

There is NO evidence of this potential in my view, we're just a small provincial seaside team with fans who have expectations that exceed our resources.

We simply won't know what sort of club BHA is until Falmer is delivered. The club is starting from scratch again.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
As people have mentioned further up this thread, we CANNOT afford to waste next week's home game. With the big fixtures coming up, 3pts next week has to be the minimum. That will not happen with the current setup.

In the course of the season I fear we may say 'if only we'd got rid of Russell after the Tranmere game'. We are losing too many points to sh1t teams - things need to change NOW.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
But do we?

Spot on. Never a truer post on NSC.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
The odd game of recklessness we could all stomache. However it is just about every game. After some 20 games already played this season (including cup games & friendlies) there is NO improvement. These are professionals!!! Sorry Mr Slade your time is up.

Yes they are professionals who kept making f*** ups, does slade tell them in the dressing to play shit week in and week out

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
But do we?

Hear hear

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Blimey El Pres. I wonder why we don't get crowds over 10,000 at Withdean.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Turncoat! Typical of the fans who slaughtered ernest, US etc merely for spotting worrying traits a lot earlier than they did. And now you all start to jump ship. It's ok to do so, but first apologise and take some rennie to ease the intake of your humble pie. Turncoats...:bigwave:

Bullshite! :salute:

They didn't spot anything earlier than anyone else, it's just than most normal people could see the positives on the pitch and were willing to give Slade a chance to put things right. If they'd had their way we would've sacked Slade after huddersfield and that would've been retarded.
Everyone said give him time which he has now had. Just because people are starting to change their minds it doesn't make it right to call for his head two months ago, things could quite of easily gone the other way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here