Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bloom - Why it has to happen now.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Are you incredibly short-sighted?

Could you suggest why we don't have huge potential?

Agreed.

I'm sure Bloom is not pumping millions into a new stadium for a club with no potential.

We need further huge investment in the playing side and savvy ways of getting the non believers through the doors at Falmer.

No guarantees of course, but potential is there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As many have said on hear I like Russell Slade but the time has come to let him go. The timing now is absolutely crucial, with these big four games coming up Tony Bloom must sort this mess out quickly this week to make sure we have a chance of getting a much needed 3 points next saturday.

Erm... a new manager will have as much chance at 3 points as slade has. There's an argument he'd have less, since he is unfamiliar with the players, won't have much time to put into place what he wants, getting the players familiar with his choice of tactics etc. He might see navarro tearing it up in training and play him. He might see virgo, elphick, hoyte and el abd have a stormer in training and play them.

I hope as well it is done better than last time. If I was Bloom I would be targeting who I want and speaking to them today/tomorrow then calling RS in tomorrow afternoon once the new man had agreed to take over.

That's classy. Work behind the guy's back. Nice.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Its too early, its too rash. I wil agree that, if this losing streak of 2 becomes 5, he's out, but managers need to be given a chance and Slade has not had a full chance yet. He turned them around last year, he can do it again. There are plenty of positives in that team and he needs longer to sort out the negatives (Kuipers, Elphick, Dickinson, not having a left back all season, red cards). I foresee a staggering turn around after christmas and a flirt with the play-offs. So there.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Its too early, its too rash. I wil agree that, if this losing streak of 2 becomes 5, he's out, but managers need to be given a chance and Slade has not had a full chance yet. He turned them around last year, he can do it again. There are plenty of positives in that team and he needs longer to sort out the negatives (Kuipers, Elphick, Dickinson, not having a left back all season, red cards). I foresee a staggering turn around after christmas and a flirt with the play-offs. So there.

Er No...

He has had his chance and has proven he CANNOT do it.

Time to go.:rant:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bullshite! :salute:

They didn't spot anything earlier than anyone else, it's just than most normal people could see the positives on the pitch and were willing to give Slade a chance to put things right. If they'd had their way we would've sacked Slade after huddersfield and that would've been retarded.
Everyone said give him time which he has now had. Just because people are starting to change their minds it doesn't make it right to call for his head two months ago, things could quite of easily gone the other way.

They could have I suppose but they didn't did they.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

So what if it's not classy there is no room for being all nice about it we are in the shit and Slade, White and Booker need to go. As for your other point I think a new manager will and can be alot quicker than Slade has been in sorting the team out. I don't agree that he would be duped into playing players who have been playing shit, he would watch the DVD's etc and know what to do.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Slade himself said not to judge them until they have played 12 games well weve had 14 games now and by his own admission we are all free to judge, I have only been to Carlisle and Tranmere but i didnt see improvement at Tranmere just decline so Times up Russ.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Slade himself said not to judge them until they have played 12 games well weve had 14 games now and by his own admission we are all free to judge, I have only been to Carlisle and Tranmere but i didnt see improvement at Tranmere just decline so Times up Russ.

Is correct.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knight used to always say that all he asked of a manager was that he left the club in a better situation than when he arrived. Salde saved our skins last season, no doubt about it, for which we'll always be grateful. The vast majority of us had already assumed relegation was a formality and he somehow managed to turn it round. Smashing bloke to boot, but there's a bigger picture now. There's a new stadium to fill and the team have to be seen to be on the 'up' by the time Falmer opens for business. Currently we're looking nailed on for a repeat of last season's miserable fight to stay in League One. Just won't do :nono:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
lets hope this man gets sacked and we get him onboard

Attachments

• keano111508.jpg
    keano111508.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 122

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
lets hope this man gets sacked and we get him onboard

Keane's a nutter with precisely zero in the way of man-management skills.

Could almost certainly still do a job ON the pitch though. At this level. Or at least slap the inert/inept wasters about a bit in the dressing room :lol:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Although i do not want Roy Keane i do feel we need someone that instills a bit of fear in the players, It seems to me that the players are not concerned about the consequences of their actions, I am not slating Murray here just using his sending off as an example, someone who is already on a booking should be too scared of his manager to go and do the same thing again. I could say the same of Virgo of course and hes meant to be our captain!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

If you don't like your job do you just resign and then look for a new one? Most people would find a new job, agree the terms and then resign - that's working behind your employer's back but it's the right way to do it for yourself. I would expect nothing less from Bloom as it would be in the best interests of BHAFC.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Has he seen the video nasty from yesterday yet ?
Crowd could be down to 5,500 next saturday, always a worrying sign and a rewason McGhee was sacked. No comment from the chairman is predictable, but when will he take Slade to task for what has happened so far. Did he not say he wanted the playoffs this season ?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If you don't like your job do you just resign and then look for a new one? Most people would find a new job, agree the terms and then resign - that's working behind your employer's back but it's the right way to do it for yourself. I would expect nothing less from Bloom as it would be in the best interests of BHAFC.

Exactly right. There are too many people going saying how NICE RS is. Yes he is but it's not going right, being to soft and a NICE club is why Coco and Krusty are still at the club. I don't wanna be classy and nice I want us to win football matches, Championships ETC. It would be great to be all of those things but winning is the name of the game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bullshite! :salute:

They didn't spot anything earlier than anyone else, it's just than most normal people could see the positives on the pitch and were willing to give Slade a chance to put things right. If they'd had their way we would've sacked Slade after huddersfield and that would've been retarded.
Everyone said give him time which he has now had. Just because people are starting to change their minds it doesn't make it right to call for his head two months ago, things could quite of easily gone the other way.

Double Bullshite! I think that's what they call wanting to eat yer own cake!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here