Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bloom - Why it has to happen now.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
As many have said on hear I like Russell Slade but the time has come to let him go. The timing now is absolutely crucial, with these big four games coming up Tony Bloom must sort this mess out quickly this week to make sure we have a chance of getting a much needed 3 points next saturday. I hope as well it is done better than last time. If I was Bloom I would be targeting who I want and speaking to them today/tomorrow then calling RS in tomorrow afternoon once the new man had agreed to take over. White and Booker must go at the same time and Steve Brown (youth manager) left in brief charge.

This MUST happen ASAP it gives the new man time to asses the squad and plan for the Jan transfer window. Lets face it the teams around us Tranmere and Wycombe got rid and the expectation and money spent by them is far less than what I imagine Tony Blooms expectations are.

I really wanted it to work for RS and everyone says he is a nice guy but I am afraid I want a winning manager not a nice guy. Please Mr Bloom change it now and save our season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As many have said on hear I like Russell Slade but the time has come to let him go. The timing now is absolutely crucial, with these big four games coming up Tony Bloom must sort this mess out quickly this week to make sure we have a chance of getting a much needed 3 points next saturday. I hope as well it is done better than last time. If I was Bloom I would be targeting who I want and speaking to them today/tomorrow then calling RS in tomorrow afternoon once the new man had agreed to take over. White and Booker must go at the same time and Steve Brown (youth manager) left in brief charge.

This MUST happen ASAP it gives the new man time to asses the squad and plan for the Jan transfer window. Lets face it the teams around us Tranmere and Wycombe got rid and the expectation and money spent by them is far less than what I imagine Tony Blooms expectations are.

I really wanted it to work for RS and everyone says he is a nice guy but I am afraid I want a winning manager not a nice guy. Please Mr Bloom change it now and save our season.

Word.

The state of affairs cannot be left to drift on. Slade I am sure had to get at least 4 points from the 2 home games, thats not possible now and defeat yesterday was the final game for him. I am expecting Alan Curbishley to be announced as the new BHAFC manager mid week.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Word.

The state of affairs cannot be left to drift on. Slade I am sure had to get at least 4 points from the 2 home games, thats not possible now and defeat yesterday was the final game for him. I am expecting Alan Curbishley to be announced as the new BHAFC manager mid week.

Your guessing all that right? Or do you know something?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As someone who has staunchly been in Slade's corner this season I'm now coming round to the opinion that things can't go on like this for much longer. I still think you guys were on his back far too early but that is another argument. :p I'm desperate for this club to be successful with RS at the helm, but if it's not to be then so be it, that's just football.

I will fully support whatever decision our chairman makes, but I really think that if he does decide to sack Slade he needs a replacment ready to come in that week. There's no point in repeating the shambles of last season, sacking the manager and then realising that nobody else wanted the job. Also that would leave the way clear for White and Booker being in caretaker charge.

If Bloom has decided this weekend that enough is enough then the clever move is to get a manager and new coaches in place now and let Slade soak up our difficult november matches.

I'm starting to think that it is time for a change. But I wouldn't want to see Slade go just to bring in a different "ordinary" manager unless it was someone special. For example, Coppell. And I'm struggling to think of another example.

I'm still unconvinced that White and Booker are the problem but it does seem that something is wrong with our training if we are making basic mistakes in defence and seem unable to score from set pieces - I think Slade said we had 18 yesterday?

Maybe, even if it might be unfair, they should go. If nothing else it will give Slade some breathing space.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Agree in principle, but who the hell is going to a) want the job and b) going to improve the shower of shit being dealt up at the moment? Let's not beat about the bush, eh ?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Agree in principle, but who the hell is going to a) want the job and b) going to improve the shower of shit being dealt up at the moment? Let's not beat about the bush, eh ?

I agree with you in principle and don't think that Coppell or Curbishley are realistic targets, although would love to be proved wrong.

However, looking at it from a manager's point of view, the job is actually quite attractive. I, and I think most Albion fans, believe this squad is much better than the position we are in. The new manager would takeover with a squad who are underachieving and with expectations very low. They will probably have an opportunity to spend Bloom's money in January and if they keep us up this season (which in reality with the squad we have should not be in question) they will have succeeded. We will then be a year from Falmer and more money will be available so from that point of view it is an attractive proposition. Still don't think we will get someone like Curbishley or Coppell but there might be a fair bit of interest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I hope tony bloom is already speaking to people like coppell and curbishly and wooing them with huge transfer budgets and promises of long contracts at high wages

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
When are we going to relise that we are not as good as you all think and the fact that we just saved ourselfs from the drop last season and this season looks like being the same just proves that. Yes the buck stops with the manager but he must be banging hes head against a brick wall with all the cock ups the team keep making, not taking our chances and poor defending. Will a change in manager stop this imo no. So lets get behind the manager and hope these players that keep cocking up are dropped or get thier heads out off thier arse and start playing

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
What is the point of giving him another game ? As usual we thought we'd turned the corner after Gillingham but that win followed by 2 dismal defeats and performances.
Enough is enough whilst there is still time to change things.

So its time for Denis Wise then !

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I hope tony bloom is already speaking to people like coppell and curbishly and wooing them with huge transfer budgets and promises of long contracts at high wages

I find it hard to believe that Coppell or Curbishley will come back into the game for anything less than a Championship side, and one near the top even then. As I said, I would be delighted to be proved wrong but neither of them seem realistic options to me.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I now think we are so BADLY UNDERACHIEVING that anyone could do a better job. Any new manager could spot from a mile off we have some good players but have no idea how to play them.

We need a Coppell/Curbishley like person to reorganise this shower of s*** and get us moving upwards as all we are currently doing is spiralling down.

I cannot believe we are in this situation based upon money spent and TB expectations...
Before the season started we were 4th favourites to WIN the LEAGUE.....

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It seems that a corner really has been turned this last week. Up until now there seems to have been almost a 50/50 split between NSC posters as to whether or not Slade should be allowed to stay on. After yesterday's performance it seems that we have collectively decided that his time is up. I would imagine that Mr. Bloom is thinking the same way and I would be surprised if he made it through the week. Given that we were hoping for somewhere in the region of 7-9 points from our October fixtures the return to date has been woeful.

We are all grateful for what he achieved last season but the parallels with Steve Gritt's tenure are unavoidable. With a heavy heart I have to join those in the "time to go" corner.

When are we going to relise that we are not as good as you all think and the fact that we just saved ourselfs from the drop last season and this season looks like being the same just proves that. Yes the buck stops with the manager but he must be banging hes head against a brick wall with all the cock ups the team keep making, not taking our chances and poor defending. Will a change in manager stop this imo no. So lets get behind the manager and hope these players that keep cocking up are dropped or get thier heads out off thier arse and start playing

The odd game of recklessness we could all stomache. However it is just about every game. After some 20 games already played this season (including cup games & friendlies) there is NO improvement. These are professionals!!! Sorry Mr Slade your time is up.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time to bring in George Graham.
graham_246285d.jpg

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I find it hard to believe that Coppell or Curbishley will come back into the game for anything less than a Championship side, and one near the top even then. As I said, I would be delighted to be proved wrong but neither of them seem realistic options to me.

I agree. I'd love to see either of them here, but if I were one of them I wouldn't come anywhere near the Albion. Success is no way guaranteed and I wouldn't want 'failed at Brighton' on my CV.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I agree. I'd love to see either of them here, but if I were one of them I wouldn't come anywhere near the Albion. Success is no way guaranteed and I wouldn't want 'failed at Brighton' on my CV.

I see what you mean, I think that Coppell would consider it as it is the kind of project he would like. I would imagine that he would see it as a similar (but tougher) challenge to Reading. Curbs is no go full stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here