Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Bloom - Why it has to happen now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you don't like your job do you just resign and then look for a new one? Most people would find a new job, agree the terms and then resign - that's working behind your employer's back but it's the right way to do it for yourself. I would expect nothing less from Bloom as it would be in the best interests of BHAFC.

I may look at what jobs are available, but I'd save up some wages, hand my notice in, then apply. If I was worried about whether I could get another job, I'd let my employers know I'm not happy, and am looking for a new job, gives them the opportunity to start the hiring process, and if things move quickly enough, I'd be there to pass on some of my own experience to my replacement.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The best young manager in the country is Oxford United's Chris Wilder.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But do we?

We have not managed attendances in excess of 10,000 since 1983/4.

We have lost money every season for the last 35 years.

There is NO evidence of this potential in my view, we're just a small provincial seaside team with fans who have expectations that exceed our resources.
What about Hull, Reading, Swansea?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The best young manager in the country is Oxford United's Chris Wilder.

Granted, he has a decent record with a very poor Halifax team and a very good record with Oxford, but he is untried in the league.

He inherited a decent and underperforming Oxford side who make a great deal more money than anyone else in that league.

Having said that, I wouldn't be against giving him a crack if Slade is shown the door. :(

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
But do we?

We have not managed attendances in excess of 10,000 since 1983/4.

We have lost money every season for the last 35 years.

There is NO evidence of this potential in my view, we're just a small provincial seaside team with fans who have expectations that exceed our resources.

f*** Me El Pres...that is the most honest and realistic response I have read on NSC about our club!

Anyone who can prove otherwise, please feel free....

Well done there El Pres!
:albion2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If we are going to chase for championship promotion, I would guess, and I may be wrong here.....the last thing we need is to gamble with inexperience?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But who could we realistically get with a track record of guaranteed success in this division or higher? People talking about managers like Curbishley are deluded. If we get an experienced boss they'll be mediocre - of that I'm fairly sure. So why not take a gamble on someone in their mid-30s? It's not going too badly for Leeds or Norwich at the moment.

Wouldn't people have said the same thing if you suggested we'd get Peter Taylor or Mark McGhee before we actually did get them. No one at colchester thought they'd get Boothroyd. Did anyone foresee Sven going to Notts County?

That's was back before we even had planning permission, and limited funds.

Boothroyd said he wrote a list of what he was looking for in a new club, and the only colchester didn't match was that they were a league one team, but he still went there.

We don't know what it is some of the better experienced managers are looking for: the challenge, the chance to get in on the ground floor of a team that can potentially explode when we get to falmer, a young squad, a reasonable budget and a bit of time, a chairman that won't interfere, a smaller club without the high maintenance demands of a premiership club, a "small" team to mould and develop, and so on.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
We have a discipline problem. This to me implies that Slade is a big softie. We need a manager with football boot kicking ability in the changing room, a ruthless, feared manager, scared of no one. The players would then think twice.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wouldn't people have said the same thing if you suggested we'd get Peter Taylor or Mark McGhee before we actually did get them. No one at colchester thought they'd get Boothroyd. Did anyone foresee Sven going to Notts County?

That's was back before we even had planning permission, and limited funds.

Boothroyd said he wrote a list of what he was looking for in a new club, and the only colchester didn't match was that they were a league one team, but he still went there.

We don't know what it is some of the better experienced managers are looking for: the challenge, the chance to get in on the ground floor of a team that can potentially explode when we get to falmer, a young squad, a reasonable budget and a bit of time, a chairman that won't interfere, a smaller club without the high maintenance demands of a premiership club, a "small" team to mould and develop, and so on.

Peter Taylor and Mcghee spent most there management careers outside top flight.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Peter Taylor and Mcghee spent most their management careers outside top flight.

But both were considered above the albion, as far as I recall. Especially with the ex-England manager peter taylor.

Most of the experienced managers of good quality have spent most of their career outside the top flight.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe.

But Mcghee had something to prove after Millwall abd Taylors Last job before Brighton was Leicester City so you could say the same, both had tarnished reputations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here