Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most unfortunate name you have ever come across

When I lived in Australia, I worked with a Mike Oxarde!! He was none too bright, he never cottoned on why people would snigger at the the nameplate on his desk.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Having worked in customer service type jobs all my life, I've come across quite a few.

One of the best was a guy called Richard Head, who actually named his son 'Dickon'. I kid you not. No word of a lie.

Also a woman called Emma who was unfortunate enough to marry a Mr Royds. You would have thought she could have kept her maiden name.

Then there's Mary Christmas, and Martin Martin.

How about people who have changed their name by deed poll.
I've seen people called Fungus The Bogeyman, Funky Boogaloo-Smythe, and Sidney Harbour-Bridge.

A friend of mine knew a guy who changed his name to Berk Bonebonce!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Richard Dick.

Terrible curse, "Rich Dick" "Dick Dick" "Double Dick". Used to joke about him marrying Henrietta.

Poor fella.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
the guy that plays randall in randall and hopkirk (deceased) is called something pratt, its not that bad, but when addressed formerly people would say "hello mr pratt" no doubt with a smile!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Used to work in Insurance:
Wanna Spark (Chinese)
Peter Mycock
Joe King

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
we have an agency contact called Patricia Mycock, and, unsurprisingly asks people not to call her Pat - married into the name hilariously

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When I worked for an insurance company a proposal came in from a Chinese gentleman called

Fuk Yu !.

:clap:

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
I went to school with a Neil Downe (very shortsighted parents)

This name is made up but..

I used to work in a leisure centre and had been given a really hard time by the Duty Manager for several shifts together. It finally got to much for me so I stole a blank membership card from the main office and filled it out, when she was next on reception I handed the card in saying that I'd found it in the changing room minutes earlier....

cue PA message to whole packed leisure centre asking for a Hugh Jarse to report to reception.. shockingly she was quite big boned - much to the amusement of the local gangs of teenagers who ripped the shit out of her all afternoon.

Marvellous scenes

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Saw a business card for a 'Tarquin de la Force' once in one of those bowls at restaurants where you leave them to win a bottle of wine.

Mr and Mrs de la Force were either not very bright or hated their son on sight to inflict such a name on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here