Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most NSC Flounces ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Check out post number 7 above, it can't be a flounce if they still post, in my opinion it's not even a flounce if they still access NSC, which renders all mentioned out of the running.

I'd disagree. For me, the final ingredient required for a classic "I'll never post again" flounce, is when the person does in fact then post again. Ideally they'll just slip into the old pitter patter and appear to be completely oblivious to their supposed "never posting again" status.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd disagree. For me, the final ingredient required for a classic "I'll never post again" flounce, is when the person does in fact then post again. Ideally they'll just slip into the old pitter patter and appear to be completely oblivious to their supposed "never posting again" status.
Always a delightful moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Or provide a 'valid' reason for just popping back in... such as REMF business.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One's flounce was quite a dramatic one, was it HB&B who wound him up to do it?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The funniest flounce was [MENTION=447]The Great Cornholio[/MENTION] who left the board ranting at how everyone was nasty and completed his flounce with the immortal words "deleting cookies now". It doesn't get funnier than that.

That was good but my personal fave is the infamous 'Bollocks to the lot of you/REMF' flounce

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
to be fair, you do gang up on gareth at times. I think the comments about his asian wife at the time bordered on bullying, but he is big enough to defend himself and does hold intransigent opinions, but there are far worse people on here than him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the Desert Orchid one was very good.
All stemming from just 7 (ish) words that was a statement of fact.

NSC at it's best.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
to be fair, you do gang up on gareth at times. I think the comments about his asian wife at the time bordered on bullying, but he is big enough to defend himself and does hold intransigent opinions, but there are far worse people on here than him.
I have to say, I'm unaware of comments about his Asian wife. That's poor form.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh yes - "Bollocks to the REMF"

That was great. A classic of the genre.

But king - or queen? - of the flounce is unquestionably dear Gavin Groover.

Almost one a week at one point, generally prompted by something like someone daring to question whether Babe 2: Pig In The City is really a better film than Citizen Kane, before asking for a temporary ban in order "to calm down a bit".

Of the flounce, he's Pele/Beckenbauer/Charlton rolled into one. Legend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can we pick on you then Dave? :lol:

be my guest!

Hudders are doing their best to hurl themselves out of the championship after being in a good position a few weeks ago so there is plenty of amunition:down:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As I seem to be under going another unwarranted character assassination again I will defend myself. Yes I am an emotional guy, I wear my heart on my sleeve, I stand up for what I believe in. I would rather care than be a hard, selfish, emotionless bastard. I have my issues, we all do but people amaze me when they make judgements about people they do not know or who have never met and do not know the backstory of events that may make a person behave they way they do. That's all really. No flounce. Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here