Brian dear
Tony cottee
Razor
Diana princess of Wales
Seve
Monty
Justin rose
Luke Donald

And probably my most treasured item a Christmas card from bobby Moore as he worked with my dad for a while.

Prof P

Sep 22, 2004
David Beckham (perfectly nice)

Michael Jackson (and no, he didn't touch my winkle)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Um, not many in my case:

Dick Knight
Mick McCarthy
Sarah Brown (former PM's wife)
The singer from wheatus

My sad little list:

Jimmy Hill. Played him at darts in the White Harte Cuckfield.
Norman Wisdom. Knocked him over while he was watching us play for his sons Wisdom Sports team.
Tony Adams. He ran me over with a baggage trolley at Faro airport and he was very drunk.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I have served Ian McCulloch of Echo and the Bunnymen with a pint of Skol whilst working at the Village Inn at Gatwick.

But best for me was shaking hands with Carl Palmer at HMV Forum after the Asia gig in December 2010. Stood next to Geoff Downes whilst we both had a drink after the show ( not John Wetton as he is a strict teetotaller these days for obvious reasons - heart bypass etc ). In fact when I was at the Shepherds Bush Empire gig in December 2006 I was sat on a bar stool next to Chris Squire of Yes.

Nearly bumped straight into Roger Dean ( famous for Yes album sleeve artwork ) at High Voltage in 2010 when I was perusing his pictures on a stall.

I am a member of the John Wetton website forum, and as a huge Derby fan, he's possibly going to be at the game in March ( tour dates permitting ).

But in general I don't go in for all this celebrity ' can I have your autograph ' as I reckon they'd much rather be left in peace.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Through a previous job I met quite a lot of famous people at the time (late 90s), most of whom were really nice. The best of the bunch by a mile was Chris Evans. Completely down to earth and genuinely nice. Alex James from Blur too was superb.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
John Wetton knows Robbie Savage - I'm not sure who is the most famous.......

Attachments

• jwpic.jpg
    jwpic.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 30

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A fair number through work and honorary roles - the Queen (hosted a luncheon so had to dine with her) is the most famous; most of the Royals and politicians including Tony Blair, Michael Foot and (going back a bit further) Maggie Thatcher & Ted Heath; in sport - David Beckham, Kevin Keegan, Nick Faldo, Michael Vaughan.............. music - Tina Turner, Dolly Parton, Pavarotti, The Proclaimers, Roger Daltry..................

The only celebrity I can remember meeting who was so far up their own arse as to be totally objectionable was Petula Clarke although Gordon Brown lived up to his reputation and was "difficult" and Edwina Currie I thought was just vile.

Favourites in terms of their ability to be "normal" have been Princess Ann, Diana, Princess Alexandra and Margaret Beckett (spent a whole evening talkin about caravan holidays when we were supposed to be talking about education).

Marky

Well...
Mar 3, 2006
WR1
In South Africa at the World Cup I met two famous premier league era players:

Lucas Radebe - top bloke.

Andy Cole - utter kn0b.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh and a few other royals at a reception at Buckingham Palace - hand shake and chat, and drank free champagne and nice snacks.

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Richard Briars - he opened a patient radio system when I managed a hospital in the 1980s
Robin Ellis - of Poldark fame - he opened the fete at same said hospital
Duke of Kent - he opened a hospital I had commissioned
John Denham MP - when he was a Minister in the last government
Ted Heath MP - when he was PM and visited a hospital I worked in one Christmas Day in the 1970s
I use to know David Icke quite well (he was a neighbour) but that probably does not count!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Bono, in the reception of his hotel in Dublin, The Clarence i think its called. Then Salmon Rushdie walked in and met him as well.

Bizarrely later in the same day, in the bar on top floor of the Guinness building, Johnny Vegas, who was chatting & shaking hands with anyone willing to buy him a pint!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports