Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most famous person you have met, shook hands with and a chat

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What's Damon like, I'm distantly related to him.

His father's cousin maried my mother's cousin.

I asked him to raise some funds for St Johns Ambulance once his "support team" sent me a few photos and stickers. Not much help really.

Really nice bloke. Quiet and unassuming. His wife did most of the talking and the time she wasn't there he was a bit distracted as she was in London and it was the day the busses and tubes were bombed.

He drives a pretty cheap old car, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Terry Butcher - in the 1990's (he might still do), he owned a lovely country hotel just outside Stirling.
Personally served us afternoon tea, was a gentle giant, a great guy, and didn't mind a chat about his great career.

Think he sold the place in Bridge of Allan a few years back, used to have the Union flag flying outside :moo:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
David Gilmour. Nice bloke, but a bit shy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Lord Bassam, I actually quite like him. He's real friendly, and an avid Albion supporter.

me too
we were quite friendly when I was in the Brighton labour party in fact even when I had left the party he done my neighbour a great favour after I had spoken to him great guy credit to his party and Brighton

not sure if you would call this guy famous (suppose if so I met loads of famous people ) I met some of the great train robbers while a prison officer and Bruce Reynolds was one of the nicest guys I have met a real gentleman,in fact one of the other guys in top security was a real "nutter" and Bruce was the only one he would listen to when he went on the rampage.

Harry H Corbett - Stopped at our farm shop beside the A23 when I was a kid as he needed to use the loo. So to did the driver of a car containing Lena Zavaroni, but only got to see her through the car window.
One of my crimes against humanity was when I worked for the East Sussex Local Education Authority and I issued a licence to Lena Zavaroni, when she was still a child, to allow her to perform on stage in Eastbourne.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bassam, I actually quite like him. He's real friendly, and an avid Albion supporter.

Him and his son play cricket for preston village. Really nice bloke and makes a mean cup of tea.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I met, shook hands and had a chat with Dan Ackroyd on Monday night. Think that counts.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I was chatting to Sir Ian McKellen last Friday night over a very pleasant glass of champagne.

But prob the most famous are Prince Charles and the late Princess Di

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Does Gus count? Shook his hands away at Exeter? :lolol:

Think I might have been one of the first fans to shake Gus's hand - in the car park at Lancing FC before Albion Reserves game the day after he was appointed :banana: :banana:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Tom Watson, Phil Mickelson and Miguel Angel Jimenez - met all of them at The Open a few years ago, went there on a practice day and there were more golfers than spectators. Bubba Watson even gave me a lesson on the golf simulator thing - biggest legend ever.

Leonardo DiCaprio - at this environment committee thing in London, he really does a lot of good. I would advise everyone to watch The 11th hour.

Kumar Sangakkara, Sanath Jayasuriya and Muttiah Muralitheran - last year when England played Sri Lanka, great cricketers and part of the reason why i support Sri Lanka when it comes to cricket.

My mate met Wayne Rooney in Dubai when there was all that stuff about him quitting Utd as well!

Last edited:

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Once had a stand-up row with Bruno Brooks. What a **** he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here