Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I was thinking min of £80m, but considering sock-boy went for £100m then I could see that type of figure being achieved.

Let’s hope he has an amazing World Cup, although that will only make the sale more likely,

I am very optimistic that the club will be considering moves for a replacement at the moment though.

Makes me laugh , do you really think it is that easy to find players of this quality, that’s why he will stay a couple of seasons, until we are ready

larus

Makes me laugh , do you really think it is that easy to find players of this quality, that’s why he will stay a couple of seasons, until we are ready

I never said that we’d get someone at his level. I said replacement - like we found him as a replacement for Biss. I said to people that I’d rather lose Biss in the summer than Moises as I rate him that highly.
I do expect the club have plans to cover his departure, although not at the same level. There is no guarantee though of signing targets.

However, you are deluding yourself if you think that we’ll hold out from a serious offer next summer and insist on keeping him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I never said that we’d get someone at his level. I said replacement - like we found him as a replacement for Biss. I said to people that I’d rather lose Biss in the summer than Moises as I rate him that highly.
I do expect the club have plans to cover his departure, although not at the same level. There is no guarantee though of signing targets.

However, you are deluding yourself if you think that we’ll hold out from a serious offer next summer and insist on keeping him.

I think we can safely say the club didn't have plans to cover Cucu' sale.

Every player has a price, he'll go when that price is met irrespective as to who's waiting in the wings.

Aug 8, 2012
One of Estupinan's reasons for signing is clearly to play with Caicedo whose heatmaps are also left sided. The perfect world cup preparation.
This time next year both to Citeh for north of 150 million!!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Every player has a price, he'll go when that price is met irrespective as to who's waiting in the wings.

Not sure. Timing matters too. If Cucu hadn't gone, then I'm sure we'd have taken an obscene offer for Moises. But having sold Biss and Cucu, I think we'd run the risk of usettling Potter if we sold a third at a "can't say no" price (as well as putting Prem survival at risk).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure. Timing matters too. If Cucu hadn't gone, then I'm sure we'd have taken an obscene offer for Moises. But having sold Biss and Cucu, I think we'd run the risk of usettling Potter if we sold a third at a "can't say no" price (as well as putting Prem survival at risk).

Oh he isn't going anywhere now, I'm talking in 12 months time.

A few seem to think we'll go beyond that, that's just not going to happen - of course assuming his phenomenal start is a sing of things to come.

Last edited:

larus

No, but they already had potential targets and have moved quickly to secure :
1. The loan of Colwill
2. The (hopefully) signing of Pervis.

Bearing in mind the thoroughness of the club in player recruitment, it seems likely that we’d done research on them before the Cucu deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another midfielder coming in for the development squad this window if they have a suitable target and a deal can be done.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'm certain that this window no money can buy Caicedo.
Could you imagine how that would make Potter feel?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, but they already had potential targets and have moved quickly to secure :
1. The loan of Colwill
2. The (hopefully) signing of Pervis.

Bearing in mind the thoroughness of the club in player recruitment, it seems likely that we’d done research on them before the Cucu deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another midfielder coming in for the development squad this window if they have a suitable target and a deal can be done.

Probably called something fanciful................ like Barrington, or perhaps Samuels, maybe?

larus

Yep, can’t see it happening this season.

1 - We’d probably finish lower in the league if we sold him, so we’d lose out on extra PL money.
2 - We’d get more for him in a years time than now.

I just can’t see that anyone would offer a figure currently which would tempt the club.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely.

There is basically no price ( that any team would pay ) that we'd sell Bissouma's replacement for this close to deadline - knowing his price will only go up.

Let's not let catastrophising about it get any traction.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Barrington - is that the new young lad from City?
Who is Samuels (is he already on the books - U23)?

I’ll admit that I’m not up to date with all of the U21/U23’s.
Yes, and yes. Barrington from Citeh and young LB Samuels from Reading last week.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Next June he has 2 years left on contract, so either extension ASAP or will be selling then , to avoid him going down to last year and half price sale value

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Next June he has 2 years left on contract, so either extension ASAP or will be selling then , to avoid him going down to last year and half price sale value
Chances are we have a club option on an extra year as well.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good stuff, another turn of duty in the Twitter trenches fighting the plastics after the battle with the City ones earlier this summer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely.

There is basically no price ( that any team would pay ) that we'd sell Bissouma's replacement for this close to deadline - knowing his price will only go up.

Let's not let catastrophising about it get any traction.

It’s the process of upsetting the player and his agent that is the problem though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here