Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
When TB talks about every player could be sold for the right price, firstly the players quality/contract will be considered, but also taken into account will be the timing of the bid, what other players have been sold and how healthy our finances are looking. So considering its late in the window, we've already sold a similar position player in Biss, and we've sold roughly £110m of players so far this window i'd say the right price for Moises right now will either be '**** off he's not for sale' or something that will heavily surpass the Cucurella fee.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When TB talks about every player could be sold for the right price, firstly the players quality/contract will be considered, but also taken into account will be the timing of the bid, what other players have been sold and how healthy our finances are looking. So considering its late in the window, we've already sold a similar position player in Biss, and we've sold roughly £110m of players so far this window i'd say the right price for Moises right now will either be '**** off he's not for sale' or something that will heavily surpass the Cucurella fee.

I think it would have to surpass the Neymar fee to do it this window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Caicedo was sold in this window, without us buying a direct replacement, how would you all feel?

I could live with the departures of Biss and Cucu (at that astonishing fee), optimistic that weeks remained for us to sign some first teamers with the huge warchest.

But this would be a big blow … who’d have the power and mobility to destroy opposition attacks through the centre, shield Dunk and Webster?
No point in worrying. We've already heard the club line that it's not happening.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Caicedo was sold in this window, without us buying a direct replacement, how would you all feel?

I could live with the departures of Biss and Cucu (at that astonishing fee), optimistic that weeks remained for us to sign some first teamers with the huge warchest.

But this would be a big blow … who’d have the power and mobility to destroy opposition attacks through the centre, shield Dunk and Webster?
Never going to happen this year. There are literally only about three clubs who could afford him, his stock will rise next season after the WC which will improve both his options and our fee, and we will have found a replacement.

I'd advise steering clear of Twitter football transfer rumours. They are absolutely full of shite.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
By God, this is shaping up to be one of the ‘best’ transfer windows we’ve ever had... football is utterly ridiculous... 10 good games and you’re now worth 100 million... lol, it’s absolutely ****ing criminal.

At this rate we’ll be playing Moran and co far quicker than we expected, heck we’ll be fielding our under 18s by February if GP keeps producing diamonds again and again and again.

Alas - our production line can’t keep up with demand.

I give up.

Let’s just sell everyone, hell - we might as well ... especially if these unscrupulous agents keep club hopping with all the loyalty of five drunken 40 year olds out on the lash, chucking moral compasses merrily by the wayside, with lecherous intent ... hands on 20 year old arses... hang on, where’s the wedding ring?!? yeah that’s right you absolute ****er from hell.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never going to happen this year. There are literally only about three clubs who could afford him, his stock will rise next season after the WC which will improve both his options and our fee, and we will have found a replacement.

I'd advise steering clear of Twitter football transfer rumours. They are absolutely full of shite.

I rarely use twitter anyway, unless there’s a funny football spat.

Howe planned on Saturday that Almiron, Joelinton and Guimares (£115m worth of player) would inter-pass through the centre. Caicedo almost single handedly prevented two or three clear openings, with stunning last ditch tackles. I think we’d have lost without him. A great view of this from the NS.

With no Biss, he’s absolutely essential in making us hard to beat. Protecting our minimal 3 at the back.

For 2022/23, no money in the bank will make Caicedo’s sale acceptable in football terms.

larus

I rarely use twitter anyway, unless there’s a funny football spat.

Howe planned on Saturday that Almiron, Joelinton and Guimares (£115m worth of player) would inter-pass through the centre. Caicedo almost single handedly prevented two or three clear openings, with stunning last ditch tackles. I think we’d have lost without him. A great of this from the NS.

With no Biss, he’s absolutely essential in making us hard to beat. Protecting our minimal 3 at the back.

For 2022/23, no money in the bank will make Caicedo’s sale acceptable in football terms.

And the ‘scary’ thing is he’s still improving. Imagine how good he’s likely to be at the end of this season. That’s why I said earlier we won’t sell as we will (probably) finish lower without him (lost prize money), and his value will increase over the season.
His value to us currently exceeds anything anyone would want to pay.

It would be amazing to get 2 full seasons if him in the 1st team, but I am resigned to this being the only one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Love the transfer cycle.

Big club A makes noises in press.
Albion fans instantly revert back to small club mindset and go giddy at the attention.
Big club makes low offer.
Albion fans start their engines.
Big club gets in a media tizzy.
The B's remain tight lipped.
Albion fans take stupid pills.
The B''s make whatever happens to be the right decision.
Albion fans so grateful to have Tony Bloom as the owner.

Can't we just bury the noise and be content with the fact:-

In Tony We Trust
(Probably that and Butterscotch Angel Delight are the only two things on which this board agrees)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some surprising humility.

70FA462F-9425-4775-B3C8-994AC26138B7.png

MOI_CAI

May 18, 2021

Not that I see Moi going anywhere, but his direct replacement is already on the club's radar based on reports coming in from the US. His replacement would be his fellow countryman, Jose Cifunetes (Cifu). A very talented young player currently playing for LAFC and is considered one of the best players in the league.

Mark my words, he will be the next rising star after this year's WC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As I’ve said before clicks won’t bait themselves.

Man Utd in crisis = many potential clicks
Linking anyone who has impressed at the start of this season to them = harvesting those clicks

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’m not convinced this isn’t just regurgitated old rubbish by a Man Utd journalist!

I think this is about appeasement of United fans. However, yet agin, it backfires as we say a 'flat no' and then the United fans will rightly say that they could have bought him for £4m 18 months ago. If I was the United board right now I'd distance myself from this humiliation right now, and just say that they have a number of options that they are looking it.
I could see ETH walking if they don't get one of his current targets.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's loads on the web now about offers but I'm sure all from the same source.

There's no way TB will sell now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here