Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s the process of upsetting the player and his agent that is the problem though.

I would have thought his agent would advise waiting till after the World cup in any case, likely to see interest from the massive clubs of Europe rather than just Man Utd and Arsenal, neither of which are likely to be winning trophies this season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
No, but they already had potential targets and have moved quickly to secure :
1. The loan of Colwill
2. The (hopefully) signing of Pervis.

Bearing in mind the thoroughness of the club in player recruitment, it seems likely that we’d done research on them before the Cucu deal.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see another midfielder coming in for the development squad this window if they have a suitable target and a deal can be done.

Likely? Certain, I'd say.

We know that the recruitment department have a list of players in every position (and I'm sure that TB, PB and DW also have a list of head coaches) and if a certain position is needed they can present a number of options to Potter. Sometimes (eg Duffy), the chance comes to improve a position even when we already seem to be covered.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Twitter is depressing the hell out of me right now.

Our own supporters putting a price tag on Caicedo.

The answer should be "NO". End of.

He's already the first name on the team-sheet for club and country (I could sort of understand Cucurella's urgency given that the manager of Spain was ignoring him completely - but that's not the case for Caicedo).

We've sold enough players, surely? £100m isn't going to go into any fans' pocket, or get spent on some marquee signing. We know that.

Let's keep him and back Potter, hopefully get one or two more signings IN, not OUT before the window closes...

Anyway, just venting. Still irritated at how the Cucurella situation played out.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A Manchester based journalist, who appears to be a United mouthpiece is claiming that Caceido has been offered to them by his agent :shrug: wonder if anyone should tell Tony?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He's already the first name on the team-sheet for club and country (I could sort of understand Cucurella's urgency given that the manager of Spain was ignoring him completely - but that's not the case for Caicedo).

We've sold enough players, surely? £100m isn't going to go into any fans' pocket, or get spent on some marquee signing. We know that.

Let's keep him and back Potter, hopefully get one or two more signings IN, not OUT before the window closes...

Anyway, just venting. Still irritated at how the Cucurella situation played out.

Ignore them, they are clueless……

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I use it for work and the occasional look at Brighton stuff.
The whole place is absolutely nuts. People seemingly from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, spending their entire lives on their spreading utter tripe about English football. So odd.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Didn't any Brentford players stand out against them?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doubt he’d want to go to a team in the relegation zone?

Only concern is they are getting desperate …. £80m-£100M + triple his wages ??

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Caicedo was sold in this window, without us buying a direct replacement, how would you all feel?

I could live with the departures of Biss and Cucu (at that astonishing fee), optimistic that weeks remained for us to sign some first teamers with the huge warchest.

But this would be a big blow … who’d have the power and mobility to destroy opposition attacks through the centre, shield Dunk and Webster?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Caicedo was sold in this window, without us buying a direct replacement, how would you all feel?

I could live with the departures of Biss and Cucu (at that astonishing fee), optimistic that weeks remained for us to sign some first teamers with the huge warchest.

But this would be a big blow … who’d have the power and mobility to destroy opposition attacks through the centre, shield Dunk and Webster?

I'd be absolutely gutted, suddenly worried about our plan, and fearful of Potter leaving.
First and foremost Bloom is a supporter. It won't happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here