Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

There's loads on the web now about offers but I'm sure all from the same source.

There's no way TB will sell now
Yes, its getting a bit silly and now apparently his entourage have offered him to Manchester United......surely not another unsettle the player for a double/triple your wages move and advising Moises to hand in transfer request?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know its Man Utd, but surely the unholy maelstrom of chaos and negativity surrounding that shambles of a club would give ANY player second thoughts about joining them right now. Moises is a young man, 20 years old, who is embarking on his PL career in the PERFECT environment for him. He's playing for a coach who can only improve him, in a very good team, where he will be a regular starter. And from what we've seen already, he is destined for huge things. He has all the time in the world for a big move, and he will get it. But now is not the right time.

My only concern is a greedy agent getting in his ear, looking to leach some major $$$ from his client in a big move this summer. If they start playing that game then I'm sure TB will hold firm unless an absolutely ridiculous bid comes in. I'm talking pushing £80m. I don't see that happening, not this summer.

We cannot be seen to lose 3 prize assets in 1 window. I can't see it. If it happens though, I'll be beyond furious.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I know its Man Utd, but surely the unholy maelstrom of chaos and negativity surrounding that shambles of a club would give ANY player second thoughts about joining them right now. Moises is a young man, 20 years old, who is embarking on his PL career in the PERFECT environment for him. He's playing for a coach who can only improve him, in a very good team, where he will be a regular starter. And from what we've seen already, he is destined for huge things. He has all the time in the world for a big move, and he will get it. But now is not the right time.

My only concern is a greedy agent getting in his ear, looking to leach some major $$$ from his client in a big move this summer. If they start playing that game then I'm sure TB will hold firm unless an absolutely ridiculous bid comes in. I'm talking pushing £80m. I don't see that happening, not this summer.

We cannot be seen to lose 3 prize assets in 1 window. I can't see it. If it happens though, I'll be beyond furious.

Agree.

Remember that Sir Tony of Brighton is, foremost and above all, a Brighton football fan. He's run the club brilliantly. He's not some greedy foreign owner.

The only way he'd sell would be being 'forced' into it, a-la-Cucu but would have to be an even bigger number than the £62m. Like Cucu's over BWs.

No-one is going to pay that much for an unproved PL player who has had 10 games that show 'potential'. Even Newcastle and Citeh aren't upto that level of punt.

Relax, it's just journo shit stirring as per usual.

mike1901

May 12, 2017

. PLEASE NO, not Moses aswell 😢😢😢got to hang on to him for this season surely.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s as much on Twitter about targets turning down Man U (and even worse, being old by existing players not to come to Man U) than there is about Moises being ‘offered’ to them. No chance at all he’ll go in this window, especially to that current shitshow of a club IMO. Like Biss, his move will be to a CL team as and when it happens.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

They’ve got a deal with Barca for £72m accepted for De Jong but the player does not fancy it at all.

That £72m would buy Caicedo. We could not turn that down. We’d also struggle to replace him and struggle to remain in the top 10.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That £72m would buy Caicedo. We could not turn that down.

I'm absolutely certain we would ...

We’d also struggle to replace him and struggle to remain in the top 10.

... and that's why

At this late stage in the transfer window we'd struggle to replace anyone. We're probably looking for a striker still but as we have Caicedo, we won't have any holding midfielders on our radar. It would take absolute stupid money to prise him away - I'm thinking something north of £100m

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm absolutely certain we would ...

... and that's why

At this late stage in the transfer window we'd struggle to replace anyone. We're probably looking for a striker still but as we have Caicedo, we won't have any holding midfielders on our radar. It would take absolute stupid money to prise him away - I'm thinking something north of £100m
I agree with most of that, but would almost guarantee that there are Albion scouts out there with tabs on players in all positions, including holding midfielders.

I'm sure that the club has identified replacements (or at least preferred targets) for the entire new first team squad, just in case a 'too good to turn down' bid comes in. But that's not to say they would sell Caicedo now, though. They've probably agreed in principle to his replacement singing in January [emoji38]ol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

M

Players just as if not more greedy ! See also Lewis Dunks annual contract negotiation , although thankfully that seems to have hit a ceiling

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I agree with most of that, but would almost guarantee that there are Albion scouts out there with tabs on players in all positions, including holding midfielders.

Oh they will be, but not with an eye on signing a deal within two weeks.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They’ve got a deal with Barca for £72m accepted for De Jong but the player does not fancy it at all.

That £72m would buy Caicedo. We could not turn that down. We’d also struggle to replace him and struggle to remain in the top 10.

We'd turn it down, and we should. We need Moises more than we need the money. We have an exciting team now and Bloom will want us to push on as we are. Having had to sell Cucu ahead of schedule I very much doubt Tony will want to disrupt his plan for this season any further.

Seriously getting hacked off with these 'big' clubs just jealously watching us do a good job and think they can just pick us off because they are too stupid or lazy to do their own scouting work properly.

We should be done with selling the family silver until next summer now.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We'd turn it down, and we should. We need Moises more than we need the money. We have an exciting team now and Bloom will want us to push on as we are. Having had to sell Cucu ahead of schedule I very much doubt Tony will want to disrupt his plan for this season any further.

Seriously getting hacked off with these 'big' clubs just jealously watching us do a good job and think they can just pick us off because they are too stupid or lazy to do their own scouting work properly.

We should be done with selling the family silver until next summer now.
My sentiments exactly

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its pretty clear we brought in Caicedo to replace Bissouma, allowing him to leave on terms favourable for us. no way we'd wreak the plan by then selling Caicedo now, though i think we do have some good options in midfield he's a level up. difference between midtable and relegation struggle, and we simply dont need to sell right now.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
FFS guys, calm down, he’s going nowhere at present.
He has three years left on his contract and is yet to win the Ballon Dor, and his contract definitely states that he has come from Ecuador to win it before he goes anywhere for over £100m. When he does go it will be a world force in football, not that car crash of a club in Salford.
His Instagram message to Pervis is a ‘welcome to the family Bro’ which hardly indicates that he wants out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here