Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm absolutely certain we would ...

... and that's why

At this late stage in the transfer window we'd struggle to replace anyone. We're probably looking for a striker still but as we have Caicedo, we won't have any holding midfielders on our radar. It would take absolute stupid money to prise him away - I'm thinking something north of £100m

The way our recruitment process works, I would suspect we are already scouting for Caicedo's replacement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They’ve got a deal with Barca for £72m accepted for De Jong but the player does not fancy it at all.

That £72m would buy Caicedo. We could not turn that down. We’d also struggle to replace him and struggle to remain in the top 10.
We would absolutely turn down £72 million this close to the window shutting.

Clubs will be queuing up after the World Cup to pay way more than that. And Tony knows it.

I'd be thinking "Play our cards right and we may even get approaching £150 million here". Lol.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its pretty clear we brought in Caicedo to replace Bissouma, allowing him to leave on terms favourable for us. no way we'd wreak the plan by then selling Caicedo now, though i think we do have some good options in midfield he's a level up. difference between midtable and relegation struggle, and we simply dont need to sell right now.

This.

I hope TB concurs.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
We'd turn it down, and we should. We need Moises more than we need the money. We have an exciting team now and Bloom will want us to push on as we are. Having had to sell Cucu ahead of schedule I very much doubt Tony will want to disrupt his plan for this season any further.

Seriously getting hacked off with these 'big' clubs just jealously watching us do a good job and think they can just pick us off because they are too stupid or lazy to do their own scouting work properly.

We should be done with selling the family silver until next summer now.

And the media fuel it all incessantly. I’ve had Sky’s Transfer Talk on in the background and the first 25 mins has been about Man U and a portion of it with two reporters talking about MU buying Caicedo - almost like it is automatically what should happen. I trust TB on this one and believe we won’t sell now even for silly money

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
also, the theory goes Eight Hag wants De Jong because he's a player he knows. why switch attention to a unknown, unproven player just to fill the gap? they wouldnt offer anywhere near same money for Caicedo and i dont think they'd risk it. they'll go fishing elsewhere.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just hope Caicedo doesnt do a Cucurella and hand in a transfer request.

Would be pissed off if we sell him now , even for 100m

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just hope Caicedo doesnt do a Cucurella and hand in a transfer request.

Would be pissed off if we sell him now , even for 100m
We'd reject it.

He won't kick up a stink just before the World Cup anyway.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh they will be, but not with an eye on signing a deal within two weeks.

I beg to differ. I think the club adopts an 'expect the unexpected' approach, so is probably in contact with clubs about potential moves/offers for players all the time.

If people on NSC are talking about players potentially leaving and who they could be replaced by way ahead of them actually leaving, it's pretty obvious that the people actually running the football club have identified replacements, probably soon after – or even before –those players have SINGED!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The way our recruitment process works, I would suspect we are already scouting for Caicedo's replacement.

The way our recruitment works not only have they identified Caicedo's replacement but also the Caicedo's replacment replacement- he is currently in a junior high school in a Bolivia and will be the most expensive Bolivian signing ever-

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The way our recruitment works not only have they identified Caicedo's replacement but also the Caicedo's replacment replacement- he is currently in a junior high school in a Bolivia and will be the most expensive Bolivian signing ever-

I'd say that the way our recruitment works, we've probably already signed him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And the media fuel it all incessantly. I’ve had Sky’s Transfer Talk on in the background and the first 25 mins has been about Man U and a portion of it with two reporters talking about MU buying Caicedo - almost like it is automatically what should happen. I trust TB on this one and believe we won’t sell now even for silly money

https://youtu.be/Bk4VDoMHADU

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Moises has the potential to be one of the biggest stars in World Football so it would be a massive disappointment if he left in this window.
The way the team has been since he`s been in it has been nothing short of sensational.

Man Utd could set him way back, getting thrown in to the deep end with that shower.
Let him develop for another season here, i`ve no doubt he`ll be off for top dollar next summer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10352250 said:
United should have bough Bissouma while they had the chance :lolol:

Honestly - they really, really should have. I still can't believe that the rest of the top six (and elite clubs abroad) let Tottenham seal that deal so easily. He would have improved every one of their squads, and with the exception of City, their starting elevens.

Fred and McTominay are obviously a joke pairing for a club of United's stature and financial might, but its not just them - Liverpool dropped points on Monday, playing Milner and Elliott in centre midfield. It's absolutely nuts :shrug:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10352250 said:
United should have bough Bissouma while they had the chance :lolol:

Honestly - they really, really should have. I still can't believe that the rest of the top six (and elite clubs abroad) let Tottenham seal that deal so easily. He would have improved every one of their squads, and with the exception of City, their starting elevens.

Fred and McTominay are obviously a joke pairing for a club of United's stature and financial might, but its not just them - Liverpool dropped points on Monday, playing Milner and Elliott in centre midfield. It's absolutely nuts :shrug:

Couldn't agree more but given the state of their recruitment (amongst other things), there's your explanation as to why they didn't..

PS I might withdraw this comment if they sign De Jong (who is quality), but De Jong and Biss would be a great pairing too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caicedo to ManU being discussed on SSN now. Dharmesh Sheth (or is it the other one, Solakhev or something?) marvelling that Brighton paid £4.5M for him and now he's likely to cost £40M. I can well imagine how that phone call will end, should ManU make it!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Caicedo to ManU being discussed on SSN now. Dharmesh Sheth (or is it the other one, Solakhev or something?) marvelling that Brighton paid £4.5M for him and now he's likely to cost £40M. I can well imagine how that phone call will end, should ManU make it!

Clueless aren't they?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Had whatsapp messages from a Man U supporting mate (actual Manc who goes to OT rather than the Essex Bar Stool Hogger variety) for lots of last season along the lines of "how much do you reckon Bissouma will go for? We could really use him". I agreed that they could then and he'd still vastly improve them now.

Phone buzzed about 9.30 this morning. "What do you reckon to the Caicedo links?". I said we're unlikely to sell (I really should have said that they should have signed him when they had the chance).

Man U fans know McFred is a totally shit midfield, most football fans know it, it just seems to be people at United who can't see it :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here