Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Dons - FA Cup

I think it's a shame the North won't be open. It will clearly cost a few bums on seats and take away from the atmosphere.

The club could easily house the few dozen MK fans in E1G and E1H so no need to open the south. Surely if one end is going to be opened behind a goal it should be the north and not the south?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I was hoping to go in the South West corner for a change, but the Lower East will be fine - it'll be the first time that my Dad, myself, and Junior Orange will be going to a match together, as usually Junior Orange gets in on his Grandad's ticket when he can't make it.

:)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think it's quite clear that the club are subtly telling us that Chris will be fielding a very weak side for this match so we should be mindful of that before we spend (waste?) our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to take my 10 year-old son, was even thinking about a family outing as the missus complains I've never taken her to the footie.

I would have thought this is a good opportunity for families and would have expected a gate of 20K. Even if we put out a second string I'd be quite happy to watch a side containing Maenpaa, Goldson, Pocognoli, Norwood, Towell, March, Hemed and KLL because they're all decent players.

If catering is an issue maybe we can all bring a packed lunch and flask?!?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Even if we put out a second string I'd be quite happy to watch a side containing Maenpaa, Goldson, Pocognoli, Norwood, Towell, March, Hemed and KLL because they're all decent players.

Yes. but given barely 6K, including the prepaid 1901'ers turned out to see a very similar side v Reading in the League Cup then perhaps its right to be cautious about projecting attendances.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think it's quite clear that the club are subtly telling us that Chris will be fielding a very weak side for this match so we should be mindful of that before we spend (waste?) our money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think it's subtle!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's twice now you've compared a Saturday 3pm FA Cup match with a Tuesday night League Cup match.

Yes. It is.
these days there's sadly v.difference between FA Cup/League Cup in terms of appeal, strength of teams at least in the early rounds. and 6K gives us a good overall clue to the appeal of cup matches against nondescript opposition where Hughton puts out a second string team. But you'd be hugely optimistic to suggest the Saturday 3pm would add much more than 5K to that. Which justifies only opening up 2 stands initially at least.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's twice now you've compared a Saturday 3pm FA Cup match with a Tuesday night League Cup match.
No comparison really. Reading on a dark midweek night, or a Saturday FA Cup afternoon. We should be filling at least the whole lower tier especially at the price.

The FA Cup. On a Saturday. For £12.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't really blame Barber for fans' apathy. It's a shame though.

Indeed. No one is saying "This is our one chance of glory this season so let's go for it". This season, as for EVERY ****ing season for about the last twenty years people are saying "The FA Cup isn't a priority this year, we must concentrate on the League." Consequently the club are simply reflecting the fans' apathy. The decision is spot-on - sadly.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They should be opening up the East West L and North. It's a crazy decision. The North is where most of the noise starts and as someone in the east Upper, I would like to have bought a ticket for the North. I'll wait to see if they open it, if they don't, the atmosphere will be crap and I don't think I'll bother.

Please do bother, as it is chance for us fans to help the club and in particular TB, who is financing it all. I recall a couple of weeks ago now, when the accounts were published, that gate receipts were not up that much as no cup games were at home, and so this is our chance to repay TB. I do appreciate what you are saying, however -I was disappointed to see that at least the North Stand is not open, though also fully understand the club's reluctance to open up all areas, and pay for stewarding, when there might be little demand. But this arrangement to only open up two areas also strikes me as a bit the other extreme. Yes, the Reading attendance was poor, and the club could reasonably point to this, but I do feel that, with the present momentum, had more of the ground been open, then the punters will come.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would we be able to buy on the day I wonder ? Be good if I can look out the window the morning of the game, see if I fancy it, then mince up to the ticket office and snort it there in person. Couple of hours in Dicks pre-match to get in the mood, jobs a goodun.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
This is the sort of match that could quite easily make up £40,000 short falls in club earnings, if it's promoted right!!

We all know team selection is going to be 2nd stringers and youth-teamers, but should still be good for watching future stars of this club :albion2:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is the sort of match that could quite easily make up £40,000 short falls in club earnings, if it's promoted right!!

We all know team selection is going to be 2nd stringers and youth-teamers, but should still be good for watching future stars of this club :albion2:

Exactly this. 3pm on a Saturday. Couple of pints of ye old harveys. Job's a goodun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here