Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Woman in London

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Absolutely, I don't care how it's done, not sure how 'normal' people would remove chips, depends if they were always put in the same place ie remove peoples right arm, hey it's supposed liberty vs someone's death. The mass of deaths are carried out by opportunists and rage moments and mentally disturbed, I guess :eek:}

Considering global travel and migration you would have to chip the population of the whole planet, which is a bit impractical.
If you did do that we are in "mark of the beast " end times/ rapture/ revelation territory. The end of existence would be a bit annoying.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not in support of this but to be honest, I do think a majority of women are prevented from going out a night now so we do need to find a solution

Nobody wants to hear it but there is very, very little we can do. The police hunt and find these rapists and murderers and get them off the street where possible.
A lady on Woman’s Hour today was seriously suggesting round the clock, 24/7 curfew on all men every time a man kills a woman.
Apart from they being wholly impractical it’s punitive and ineffective. But I understand the anger and desire to punish all men.
The fact is there is almost nothing practicable do to prevent these crimes except be damned careful when you’re out at night. I know it shouldn’t be like that. I know it is unfair and it is outrageous. But it is a fact. There are very nasty people out there, we all have to be careful.
I know people don’t want to acknowledge that. I know it’s not a popular opinion right now but it makes it no less a fact.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This chipping talk is nonsense. Half the UK population get up in arms when ID cards are suggested! Do people really think the population would allow the Government to chip them?

I don't trust the Government with the powers they already have, without giving them more. That's some Big Brother shit right there! They'd have to force me, and trust me, that wouldn't go down without a hell of a fight from my end, the same for many, many people I'd guess.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Live videos show the police getting abused at the vigil in London

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
doesn't look like good for either side if you watch the live streams. rozzers gone in heavy handed.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Only 30 allowed at 2 of my close family members funerals last year, yet people think this is acceptable?

So much for a ‘socially distanced vigil’ :annoyed:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Very serious questions need asking of the Met as to how this **** ended up in the Diplomatic Protection Command after just a couple of years on the job. Why was he not just plodding the beat? ???

A few senior heads need to roll over this one IMHO

Will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation regarding the indecent exposure complaint.

Apparently it was at a Maccas drive thorough and they had it on clear CCTV, face and number plate. If it was properly investigated he would've been suspended from duty. They didn't bother to follow it up is the official line, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was identified as a serving officer and they closed ranks and looked the other way.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation regarding the indecent exposure complaint.

Apparently it was at a Maccas drive thorough and they had it on clear CCTV, face and number plate. If it was properly investigated he would've been suspended from duty. They didn't bother to follow it up is the official line, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was identified as a seething officer and they closed ranks and looked the other way.

In the current climate, I’d expect to see disciplinary action taken pretty soon.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s a pity it takes the murder of a pretty white woman from a good background to get people to take action. The country at large didn’t seem to care so much about the 117 other women killed by men this year.

That is not to take anything away from the tragic murder of Sarah Everard.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Have been screaming f### the police. Bizarre behaviour

Good on them! (*edit* the protesters, to be clear)

What are the OB doing there in the middle of it? They could easily watch from a distance instead of antagonising the crowd. A bit of stick might make them try a bit harder to weed out the bad apples in the future.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On a week when a police officer has been charged with killing an innocent woman I’m not sure wading into women peacefully commemorating her at a vigil and attacking them is a good look for the police

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Nobody wants to hear it but there is very, very little we can do. The police hunt and find these rapists and murderers and get them off the street where possible.
A lady on Woman’s Hour today was seriously suggesting round the clock, 24/7 curfew on all men every time a man kills a woman.
Apart from they being wholly impractical it’s punitive and ineffective. But I understand the anger and desire to punish all men.
The fact is there is almost nothing practicable do to prevent these crimes except be damned careful when you’re out at night. I know it shouldn’t be like that. I know it is unfair and it is outrageous. But it is a fact. There are very nasty people out there, we all have to be careful.
I know people don’t want to acknowledge that. I know it’s not a popular opinion right now but it makes it no less a fact.

I really disagree. It's not the mad people, it's the everyday pissed men/youths who leer and block your way that most of us have experience and fear of that sometimes spills over into something more scary. We need to train our sons to stop.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good on them!

What are the OB doing there in the middle of it? They could easily watch from a distance instead of antagonising the crowd. A bit of stick might make them try a bit harder to weed out the bad apples in the future.

Police stood by and watched Rangers fans celebrating winning their Premiership, but women trying to peacefully hold a vigil for a murder victim are deemed threats.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really disagree. It's not the mad people, it's the everyday pissed men/youths who leer and block your way that most of us have experience and fear of that sometimes spills over into something more scary. We need to train our sons to stop.

Yep, I agree. But that’s not going to happen overnight, if ever. In the meantime we all need to be careful. Those groups are a danger to everyone.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’d like to say I’m surprised several posters on here are blaming the women for the police attacking them, alas...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good on them!

Maybe labour will actually do something and vote down the bill to extend covid powers which has allowed this to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here