Missing Woman in London

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe labour will actually do something and vote down the bill to extend covid powers which has allowed this to happen.

Look out for Pritti Patel’s bill on Monday making any protest by even one person, illegal.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It’s a pity it takes the murder of a pretty white woman from a good background to get people to take action. The country at large didn’t seem to care so much about the 117 other women killed by men this year.

That is not to take anything away from the tragic murder of Sarah Everard.

virtually zero mention of bennylyn in the media at all, and looks like he killed her and one child and took off with the other.

www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bennylyn-burke-murder-investigation-neighbours-5135163.amp

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Good on them! (*edit* the protesters, to be clear)

What are the OB doing there in the middle of it? They could easily watch from a distance instead of antagonising the crowd. A bit of stick might make them try a bit harder to weed out the bad apples in the future.

They were screaming f### the police and "murderers" at the police.
Pretty turdy behaviour as far as im concerned.
If you get a wrong un doctor you wouldnt scream f### the NHS.........maybe you would

What are the OB doing there? That would be upholding the law.
The rest of us have to abide by social distancing regulations. I dont buy into the selfish mindset from those that say " it doesnt apply to me"

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1370829863247093762[/TWEET]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If you get a wrong un doctor you wouldnt scream f### the NHS.........maybe you would

The rest of us have to abide by social distancing regulations. I dont buy into the selfish mindset from those that say " it doesnt apply to me"

Difference is the NHS isn't authoritarian. You wouldn't get a load of doctors wading in to break up a protest.

Causing more aggro at this event doesn't benefit anyone.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Lots of women are there for the confrontation

The Old Bill are there for confrontation

There is confrontation

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Post deleted.

Moderator edit: Nobody had been convicted of this crime yet. Suggesting otherwise may put NSC and the poster making that claim in a difficult legal position.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Difference is the NHS isn't authoritarian. You wouldn't get a load of doctors wading in to break up a protest.

Causing more aggro at this event doesn't benefit anyone.

Upholding the law at an event that was clearly understood should not go ahead due to social distancing concerns during a pandemic is not causing aggro.
If the police can close down an illegal event safely during these times then they should do so.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
[TWEET]1370829863247093762[/TWEET]

Needs context. Really difficult situation for the Police, although I do wonder whether their time and resources could have been better spent overseeing an allowed, disciplined and socially distanced vigil rather than trying to shut down an inevitable public gathering.

I know it’s not as easy as that - as others have posted, people have had to bury loved ones with unbearable restrictions this last year. But this is an exceptional situation which required an exceptional approach.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It seems all protests (let’s be honest this wasn’t a vigil) nowadays are hijacked by the extremist militant versions of whichever groups are involved, peaceful protests aren’t a thing anymore really.

I’ve seen a lot of videos on Twitter and most of them I haven’t seen the police act in an unprofessional way, they were there to control an unlawful gathering at the end of the day, i know people who have worked in these situations and they say it’s bloody awful.

Like I said in my earlier post seeing scenes like this when just a few months ago my family were limited to 30 at a funeral, irks me big time, as does seeing people defending this happening when many of the people I see defending this happening were the same people in the ‘covidiot’ thread calling out people for letting their kids go in the park or someone driving 5 miles to a beach.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Arrests are always going to happen. Doesn't mean the Met are being heavy handed nor does it mean there's been a riot.
Passions are bound to be running very high, so unless the police just don't turn up I don't really know a way around it.
There were hundreds of arrests at the BLM and a good few up in Scotland last weekend.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports