Missing Woman in London

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Needs context. Really difficult situation for the Police, although I do wonder whether their time and resources could have been better spent overseeing an allowed, disciplined and socially distanced vigil rather than trying to shut down an inevitable public gathering.

I know it’s not as easy as that - as others have posted, people have had to bury loved ones with unbearable restrictions this last year. But this is an exceptional situation which required an exceptional approach.

Some context.

State of this :nono:

[TWEET]1370819072368246786[/TWEET]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Police stood by and watched Rangers fans celebrating winning their Premiership, but women trying to peacefully hold a vigil for a murder victim are deemed threats.

Yes, it's the inconsistency that worries me. If every vigil/protest was being stopped I could understand. Even then, it's still hard to be critical folk gathering here.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Some context.

State of this :nono:

[TWEET]1370819072368246786[/TWEET]

Again, I’m sorry, am I missing something here?

They are repeatedly warning those people, you can hear them shouting at them to move, probably as they are setting up a police cordon. Are the police meant to order someone to move along, them ignore their warning, and just let them get on with it?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Feel free to comment on the broader issues but please don't comment on the individual now facing a murder charge. There are clear legal rules covering this and crossing the line may result in repercussions for NSC, the site owner and the poster.

The man charged with murder will come before a court in due course.

Last edited:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

They are repeatedly warning those people, you can hear them shouting at them to move, probably as they are setting up a police cordon. Are the police meant to order someone to move along, them ignore their warning, and just let them get on with it?

You are choosing the wrong side here. They are messing this up big time. Already politicians from all sides are condemning this.

They police by consent. I think Cressida Dick will be gone within the week

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The behaviour of individuals employed to uphold the law have created the BLM protests and now this? Are you really passing judgment onto the public for making a stand against these criminals?

I am passing judgement on selfish people who knew this event was not allowed, (due to there being a ####### pandemic) but went anyway because they think they are so ####### special the rules about large gatherings and social distancing, that apply to us all, somehow don’t apply to them.
If you don’t want to get arrested, don’t turn up. Your actions have consequences.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am passing judgement on selfish people who knew this event was not allowed, (due to there being a ####### pandemic) but went anyway because they think they are so ####### special the rules about large gatherings and social distancing, that apply to us all, somehow don’t apply to them.
If you don’t want to get arrested, don’t turn up. Your actions have consequences.

See the post above yours? What’s the difference

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

They shouldn't be anywhere near those women in the first place, let alone shouting at them.

To the letter of the law under covid rules they shouldn't be there, fair enough. But, policing is supposed to be by consent in this country.
No violence happened, no property was being damaged, I can't imagine anyone complained and it isn't an emergency. On that basis and given the context of the protest an overt show of force just isn't needed.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I could not disagree more.

These people aren't selfish, they just wanted to show respect to a woman killed on the streets of London.
These laws are ridiculous. Freedom is precious and worth fighting for.

This is not a police state... yet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nailed on the narrative tomorrow will be Far Left/ANTIFA 'hijack' peaceful protests.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I could not disagree more.

These people aren't selfish, they just wanted to show respect to a woman killed on the streets of London.
These laws are ridiculous. Freedom is precious and worth fighting for.

This is not a police state... yet.

You dont have to attend an illegal gathering to show respect.
These regulations are there to stop the spread of the virus and prevent deaths. I cannot see what is ridiculous about that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This second lockdown is a sham can’t see it would make much difference tbh. I frequently drive past Clapham Common it’s regularly been packed at weekends and surprise surprise not a whiff of the OB.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No.

Women are such easy targets.

Nurses demonstration in Glasgow, masked and socially distanced, but a 65 year old arrested.
https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...-10-000-organising-protest-1-pay-rise-nurses/

I only asked, because they covered that government bill this afternoon.

Regarding women, instead of me picking on the police at today’s protests, I’m genuinely far more interested and always have been in women’s safety from sexual predators. In my 20’s a couple of girlfriends had in their past been stranger raped, one in Brighton, the other a french girl attacked in a french city.

I know you’ll be fully aware, that these are life changing events, victims never forget.

I’ll also extend this to males (kids and young men) raped.

What can be changed for the better?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It seems all protests (let’s be honest this wasn’t a vigil) nowadays are hijacked by the extremist militant versions of whichever groups are involved, peaceful protests aren’t a thing anymore really.

I’ve seen a lot of videos on Twitter and most of them I haven’t seen the police act in an unprofessional way, they were there to control an unlawful gathering at the end of the day, i know people who have worked in these situations and they say it’s bloody awful.

Like I said in my earlier post seeing scenes like this when just a few months ago my family were limited to 30 at a funeral, irks me big time, as does seeing people defending this happening when many of the people I see defending this happening were the same people in the ‘covidiot’ thread calling out people for letting their kids go in the park or someone driving 5 miles to a beach.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports