Mickey IN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I could agree with you if he'd come in a few months into the season or something, or if there were signs we are a team in transition rather than a team in freefall. Adams had the whole summer, pre season (plus plenty of time to prepare before he 'got' the job), signed six players then, and yet we were poor, so we tried to remedy the situation with loan signings, most of whom were very good players, and still our form was poor, in January we signed another five players, and we're STILL looking unable to turn it around suggests to me the problem is not the squad.

Of course it's not ideal to be changing managers every five minutes, but it is also senseless to stick with someone who is clearly taking the club in wrong direction. This is a general point, not just us, the Tony Adams thing is the perfect example. There was much media hand wringing over his dismissal but I struggle to think of a more obvious example of someone who just isn't cut out for management. The examples of long term managers who have been successful are often pointed out, Ferguson, Wenger, but being there a long time isn't what has made them successful, being successful has kept them there a long time. I think that ultimately you have to judge each individual situation on it's own merits rather than setting arbitrary amounts of time for every manager out of a misguided notion of 'stability'.

I agree that he has had a long time to ' set this squad up ' and whatever he has tried has not worked. The most worrying thing for me was his admission, three months into the season, that he was going to have to go back to basics.
1) Why weren't these basics put in place pre-season ?
2) As they clearly weren't..the whole management staff are guilty of unprofessionalism.
3) As the new ' basics ' were then put into place and clearly haven't worked ( see results )it is obvious that something is going badly wrong.
If a business is in freefall, do you continue to let it fall ( in the hope that something magical will happen ) or do you face up to reality, take drastic action and remedy the situation.
A lot of fans are saying that Adams should be given to Christmas....well thats alright for them, they are not controlling the purse strings at the club. Relegation will see a dramatic drop in revenue...season ticket renewals will be lower, gates will be lower, tv money will be lower, the commercial side will see a drop and it will be harder to attract players to the bottom tier of football.
If DK and his board are prepared to take this risk...fine....me, well I would prefer to have tried something different rather than wait another 9 months before facing up to inevitability.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
İbrahim Tatlıses;2808602 said:
Of course I'm still Micky in.

I don't understand how or why last nights result could change anyones stance on the matter. There are plenty of players you could blame, including lady luck herself, but in this case it's particularly unfair to blame the manager in my opinion.

Please stay Micky, or else this season has been a total waste of time.

It's not just an opinion based on last night. Its the fact that the team is going backwards, and the coaching staff are 10 years behind the times with this long ball crap.

They......( Adams,Booker,White) must be 3 of the thickest men in the football league.

Accept the fact that ADAMS is the man to blame.

We just need to stay up somehow, and start again for next season with someone else

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
OUT. should never have sacked wilkins and they should never ever have brought adams back. he's been a disaster and most people started to worry after about 6 games into the season when it was clear something wasn't right.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
he has been. how many players has he signed - loads. yet still we struggle.

And all the new players have had how many games together, two ? Hardly giving it a chance !!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
my real concern about this now is if we drop down to division 4, there is no guarantee that we will bounce straight back...look at Bradford as an example.

Whether sacking Micky is the answer I do not know, however I have seen nothing in his team selections, tactics, motivation or general demeanour to suggest this is the Micky Adams we remember.

Can you imagine in his first spell here him putting up with some of thhdross that is being played.....maybe last time Alan Cork was the driving force?

Anyway, if the decision is to be made, I hope the Blooms do it quickly as it is now blatently obvious they are running this football club

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Out. Either he hasn't got a clue or he hasn't got the appetite. The signs were there back in September: as long as he is here we go backwards and an increasing number of fans
discover other, more enjoyable, ways to spend a Saturday afternoon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
IN.

It's only been a couple of games with all the January signings playing. I see no benefit in changing managers at this stage of the season.

There's too much quick fix nonsense in football. Every manager deserves at least a season in a job, especially if they've been trusted with a 3yr contract in the first place !

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I still believe we should stick with Adams (if anyone hadn't realised).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In, Wilkins should not have been sacked Mr Knight, but stand by your decision. No point in getting rid of Adams now, he will turn it round.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Roughly 18 months to get the team doing what he wants ( i.e. since he was appointed ). The chopping and changing of managers doesn't solve anything and longterm stability requires that you allow for down periods along the way. I believe we will avoid relegation AND with MA at the helm. With further signings in the Summer I think we'll be in the play off places around Christmas. Obviously my opinion - unfortunately there's too many people on here who think they are stating facts - they're not - only opinions.

I hate to admit this, but I agree with Westdene. :nono:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
In..... but we've got to stop this long ball hoof game he keeps on with because otherwise we are going down....

I think we've seen what sort of football adams wants to play this season. Why do people keep saying 'in' but then add a caveat like 'if he picks the right team' or 'if he gets us playing better football'. what we've seen this season is what he now offers as a manager. what you've seen is what you get.

the choice facing the board is stick with adams for more of the same rubbish this season. or make a change now for something fresh and possibly better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports