Mickey IN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why Christmas?

Roughly 18 months to get the team doing what he wants ( i.e. since he was appointed ). The chopping and changing of managers doesn't solve anything and longterm stability requires that you allow for down periods along the way. I believe we will avoid relegation AND with MA at the helm. With further signings in the Summer I think we'll be in the play off places around Christmas. Obviously my opinion - unfortunately there's too many people on here who think they are stating facts - they're not - only opinions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
İbrahim Tatlıses;2809219 said:
Clearly not true is it. The negative bunch are always the most vocal.
I'd say at best there are about 20% who want Adams to see out the season, come what may. No more than that. And it isn't the "negative bunch" as much as the "most opinionated", on whatever side. For example, you've been as vocal on this subject as anyone else.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In in in in in

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Roughly 18 months to get the team doing what he wants ( i.e. since he was appointed ). The chopping and changing of managers doesn't solve anything and longterm stability requires that you allow for down periods along the way. I believe we will avoid relegation AND with MA at the helm. With further signings in the Summer I think we'll be in the play off places around Christmas. Obviously my opinion - unfortunately there's too many people on here who think they are stating facts - they're not - only opinions.
I could agree with you if he'd come in a few months into the season or something, or if there were signs we are a team in transition rather than a team in freefall. Adams had the whole summer, pre season (plus plenty of time to prepare before he 'got' the job), signed six players then, and yet we were poor, so we tried to remedy the situation with loan signings, most of whom were very good players, and still our form was poor, in January we signed another five players, and we're STILL looking unable to turn it around suggests to me the problem is not the squad.

Of course it's not ideal to be changing managers every five minutes, but it is also senseless to stick with someone who is clearly taking the club in wrong direction. This is a general point, not just us, the Tony Adams thing is the perfect example. There was much media hand wringing over his dismissal but I struggle to think of a more obvious example of someone who just isn't cut out for management. The examples of long term managers who have been successful are often pointed out, Ferguson, Wenger, but being there a long time isn't what has made them successful, being successful has kept them there a long time. I think that ultimately you have to judge each individual situation on it's own merits rather than setting arbitrary amounts of time for every manager out of a misguided notion of 'stability'.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I can't see the point in backing him through the transfer window to pull in some decent looking signings only to give him the chop 3 games later. If we were going to sack him it should have been done at Christmas (right not to in my view). If he can't get HIS team to start turning things around then he should go, but give him a chance to get these new players working with each other first. Also, if he goes now we'll get either Lloyd or Booker in charge, so be careful what you wish for!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
İbrahim Tatlıses;2809219 said:
Clearly not true is it. The negative bunch are always the most vocal.

Yes, because they are the overwelming majority. Take a look at all the polls - about three to one for wanting rid of the northern spunk monkey!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope that all of those who continue to vote IN actually go to games because Adams and his negative one dimensional shite team is driving away fans in their droves. Fans are voting with their feet and next years season ticket renewals are likely to be the worst by some margin since Gillingham.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
He's got to go.

We have been around and in the relegation zone for a long time now and the teams below us have caught us up, we failed to beat the poorest side I have seen in a long time (Luton) over two games. In fact we failed to even look the better side over two games.

There is no evidence Adams will improve anything, he has taken us backwards at an extremey fast rate and should not be given any more time.

We at the moment are a bunch of mugs!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd say at best there are about 20% who want Adams to see out the season, come what may.

So you've just quadrupled his support in a couple of posts - see it's working. :thumbsup:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Still in for me.

Football is crap at the moment, but I would prefer to see a change to the backroom staff then the Manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports