Mickey IN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
FFS,its not just a change of manager, we need a complete back room clear out

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I am deffinitely 100% behind Micky Adams, call me a member of Harty's Sqaud if you like, but he is right. Well, not completely. There are no football reasons at the moment to keep him, but there are plenty of reasons why we should as a club, such as stability. We need to keep the manager for a while, give them the chance to get the squad right, if we have to do that in league 2, that's really disappointing, but that's football! You don't win all the time, we're having a bad season, fair enough. But it's no reason to sack a manager, in my opinion. He's not doing a bad job, he's just getting let down from all sounds, including the fans...

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I am deffinitely 100% behind Micky Adams, call me a member of Harty's Sqaud if you like, but he is right. Well, not completely. There are no football reasons at the moment to keep him, but there are plenty of reasons why we should as a club, such as stability. We need to keep the manager for a while, give them the chance to get the squad right, if we have to do that in league 2, that's really disappointing, but that's football! You don't win all the time, we're having a bad season, fair enough. But it's no reason to sack a manager, in my opinion. He's not doing a bad job, he's just getting let down from all sounds, including the fans...

Moron.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Snoobs Seagulls, do you have a counter point to make, or would you rather just be childish and dismiss out of hand? Mature response that.

Dir Douglas Loft, I am one of the few people who love Doug Loft, he is on my home and away shirts, Doug Loft is THE man. Don't mock me sir, please. :lolol:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We are too good to go down. There is no point changing the manager. Micky will turn it around. The new players need a few more games, and the team needs to be built. It took him 18 months last time, it will take the same again - patience. Remember buys like Newhouse etc. The new buys we have had in the transfer window are good buys. The amount of boo's the team (and the new boys) are not helping the situation. Even if we went down, I'm not convinced changing the manager next season is the right answer.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I am deffinitely 100% behind Micky Adams, call me a member of Harty's Sqaud if you like, but he is right. Well, not completely. There are no football reasons at the moment to keep him, but there are plenty of reasons why we should as a club, such as stability. We need to keep the manager for a while, give them the chance to get the squad right, if we have to do that in league 2, that's really disappointing, but that's football! You don't win all the time, we're having a bad season, fair enough. But it's no reason to sack a manager, in my opinion. He's not doing a bad job, he's just getting let down from all sounds, including the fans...[/size][/color]

When a manager takes a team that finished a few points off the play offs to the relegation zone, with if anything an improved squad he isn't doing a good job, and therefore should be sacked. Our record speaks for itself, just 6 league wins in 29. You say 'thats football' well managers are sacked on results, thats football. He is doing a bad job. How can you argue with that. Tactically our football has been embarrassing this season. We are not doing the basics ffs. Finally, you cannot blame the fans, what can you expect during a season like this.
Snoobs Seagulls, do you have a counter point to make, or would you rather just be childish and dismiss out of hand? Mature response that.

Dir Douglas Loft, I am one of the few people who love Doug Loft, he is on my home and away shirts, Doug Loft is THE man. Don't mock me sir, please. :lolol: [/size][/color][/font]

Type normally like everyone else then...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
SDL, I can't defend Micky on footballing reasons, I said that, the team have been bloody rubbish this season, there are no tactics and I see that clearly as everyone else. But let's face it, we're a club that needs some sort of stability, I don't think Micky has become a bad manager, let's be honest, things keep going against us every match, I know it's getting annoying, but it's the bitter truth, at the end of the day. What's the point in sacking? Also, I'll type how I want.

Newhouse scored 2 on his debut against Mansfield! Why pick on him as being a bad signing?! Ok, he shit after that, but come on, there are so many worse people you could mention! Come on, show some Albion knowledge...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Micky might just keep us up, and then he might just win us the league next season. We might hire Curbishley, and he might relegate us!

Why sack someone on the grounds that someone else might do something?

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Regardless of the fact that we are in a very bad situation, I'm not going to turn my love for the club into a boring moanfest !!!

Mickey still gets my support and so does the club 110%...

For all the bad times we have been through more recently, Micky and the boys needs our support now more than ever.

If this club is currently heading for the drop, it is our responsibility to do what we can on our side of the touchline to drag them back up, just as they are doing on their side of the touchline.

If not, then we may as well push them over the cliff ourselves...

If we can scrape through this then I,m sure next season wont be the same story.

Call me the eternal optimist but the season is not over yet. There are still enough points up for grabs, time is running out I know, but it can still be done. We've only had 2 league games with our new signings, one was a respectable performance against a decent outfit and one was a shit performance against an ok team.

Hardly enough to judge them by is it ??

Mickey In.... COME ON ALBION :albion2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, on reflection..

I'm in the camp of absolutely livid at the way the Wilkins issue was handled but can't see what getting rid of Micky will achieve.

In the word of my brother who predicted exactly the events of this season, this is a professional football club not a village cricket team.

( Anyone involved in a local cricket team where personalities and friendships exist alongside an unholy alliance of talent will get the analogy.... )

In I guess, but when we seem to have lost two very very able coaches (including Wilkins) something has to be addressed on the playing front, very very soon.

I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

What I'm most annoyed about is the fact that whatever Wilkins did or didn't do was so bad, then why wasn't the job advertised ?

I'm still suspicious that the employment of Adams had a lot to do with a feeling that it would the only appointment the fans would accept after such a surprise sacking. Sorry that stinks of PR, which way be could for the stadium but best kept away from a managerial appointment.

Sacking a manager who finished 7th under the financial circumstances was a huge risk and it would appear that the alternative wasn't really thought through.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I would love to say IN as I really like the guy. BUT we are so BAD at the moment I have lost the faith I am sorry to say. I have come to expect a defeat and that is even at home................

I feel the only way through this mess is a change......look at the teams around us.....struggle= sack manager and improve......Not rocket science is it really they faced up to it and made some harsh decisions.
We are on the other hand are deluded. Has there been any improvement......NO, do we see the same performances week in and out ...yes.

SO HOW ARE WE GOING TO CHANGE OVERNIGHT WHEN WE HAVEN'T MANAGED IT ALL SEASON?

Jimmy Grimble

Someone please stop this attention seeking COCK from typing in bright blue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports