Mickey IN

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"Wouldn't achieve anything to change managers before the new players have had a chance to bed in".

Precisely. And what sort of commercial sense does it maake to give the bloke a three year contract, only to pay him off after six months and pay some other joker to be our manager, who may or may not do any better? If we're still playing crap, and not looking any better (whatever league we're in) then next Christmas will be the time for him to go. I hope he can turn things around, though.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
1 He was respected in the game, what was his last job, assistant at Colchester, Wow! There is nothing in his CV over the last few years that indicates he is qulity anymore.

2 So what that he loves the club, if he's failing I'm afraid there is no room for sentiment.

3. Most managers can bring in good signings, if the price is right they will come. Murray came when Wilkins was manage and he brought in Racon who was probably the reason we got so close to the play offs last year. With repect, McLeod Hawkins Livermore and Virgo have hardly been resounding successes.

4 Agreed a change will not guarantee success,but it might and it will be even more costly to do nothing and get relegated. We cannot start at Falmer in the 4th devision and we should do everything possible to avoid it.

5 I think you put too much into wanting to play for the manager. If MA means that much to the players why the f*** are they playing so badly! Unless they are local lads from the youth scheme, footballers are like everyone else, they want the best job they can get for the best money. I'm sure if say Millwall had offered Jarrett a contract for a grand a week more than we offered, he wouldn't have given us a second thought. Anyway, I thought it was Dick Knight who decided who we buy, according to NSC!

. . . and another FEATHER PLUCKER joins the lynch mob.

For a starter Adams had a contract with Colchester United until the end of October 2008 in an advisory capacity, NOT AS ASSISTANT.

And the rest of your post is riddled with other inaccuracies too many to mention, and you meant to look so clever. What an idiot.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Out, out, out.

I don't know how many games people have seen. I have been to nearly all home and away and my considered opinion (not knee jerk reaction) is that Adams is anything but a quality manager these days. We WILL go down with him. If somehow people believe that a season of clueless, embarrassing football followed by relegation is the prelude to success, successive promotions to the championship and an at least half filled Falmer then they are mad.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
. . . and another FEATHER PLUCKER joins the lynch mob.

For a starter Adams had a contract with Colchester United until the end of October 2008 in an advisory capacity, NOT AS ASSISTANT.

And the rest of your post is riddled with other inaccuracies too many to mention, and you meant to look so clever. What an idiot.

So, at Colchester he wasn't even a proper member of the staff, just an advisor, was that even a full time post? No wonder he jumped at the chance of a proper job!

Not quite sure what you mean by inaccuracies other than the obvious gramatical ones, do you think the players are playing for the manager, it really doesn't look like it to me. Do you think it would be wise for the club to get relegated with Falmer on the horizon, do you not agree that players will follow money? Which of MA's signings from last summer have been a success? Have any of MA's signings been better than Murray or Racon? Is it really a happy squad, it's the same at any club, if you are playing, the managers fine, if you're not playing the manager's useless! It depends on who you talk to.

I really would have liked MA to be a success, but I've seen enough to believe he no longer has the magic or lucky touch, it's very sad really, I wish him well but I think his managerial days are numbered. It reminds me of Mullery's second spell here, a true legend who could no longer do it!

Keep the faith, hope you can still be so positive on a Tuesday night in Accrington next season. Looks like you're the idiot mate!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
So, at Colchester he wasn't even a proper member of the staff, just an advisor, was that even a full time post?

Are you that thick that you have to ask that question? The answer is in the question itself. If you divorce that brain from the lynch mob mentality you might get the real picture.

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
Anyone calling for Adams out based on last nights game is a moron. We lost because Virgs and kuipers didn't communicate thus allowing them to get an easy goal. We were down to 10 men and held them to 1 - 1 and only lost on penalties.

You don't just become a bad manager. His record is impressive and I feel, if given time, he'll get us promotion next season.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Are you that thick that you have to ask that question? The answer is in the question itself. If you divorce that brain from the lynch mob mentality you might get the real picture.

What did he advise on then, how to get relegated? That worked! I'm sorry but advising a team like Colchester for a couple of hours a week is not a proper job, and I still say it's not surprising he bit our hands off when we offered him a full time managers position, who wouldn't.

Look, if we were playing well with some idea of tactics, I would be more than happy to keep the faith and give him more time, but he is simply not doing a good job and certainly not the job we paid him to do. How can you argue otherwise? He has been given the tools to do what should be a fairly simple job, that is keep us mid table, steady the ship ready to push on next year, this is not a tough league this year, and we are performing very badly.

I've employed plenty of staff over the years, sometimes you get it right, sometimes you believe the CV and get it wrong, in those cases you just have to bite the bullet and get rid, it's not pleasant, but it's the right decision for the good of the business and the situation at BHA is no different.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone calling for Adams out based on last nights game is a moron. We lost because Virgs and kuipers didn't communicate thus allowing them to get an easy goal. We were down to 10 men and held them to 1 - 1 and only lost on penalties.

You don't just become a bad manager. His record is impressive and I feel, if given time, he'll get us promotion next season.
What about those people calling for his head based on 7 months in charge, in which time we've dropped from 7th place to relegation probables (having spent a decent amount of money) and as if to prove this isn't luck, we were unable to beat the 5th worst, conference-bound team in the entire league over TWO games.

What if call for Adams out based on all of that? Is that allowed then?

Your ask the club post is wide of the mark and frankly a bit embarrassing. Adams has f***-all support on here. I'm guessing a dozen people at any given time out of an on-line total of about 200.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton

Actually, it was nothing to do with last night, it was the home leg where we lost it, that was one of the worst performances by an Albion side I've seen in over 30 years.

FFS we were playing a league 2 side, not Man Utd, we should still have been good enough to win with 10 men. The defending may have looked heroic, but bashing the ball 60 yards in the hope of finding Forster is a f***ing shit tactic. Please can we just sometimes play some football!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I've employed plenty of staff over the years . . .

God help your poor staff. It's management of your ilk who purport to know all the answers, but never think of learning who have got this country in to the mess it finds itself in now.

Coming back to Adams at Colchester, do you think that the reason that he helped a pal out for a few months rather than take a permanent job was because he knew that a full time job was around the corner????

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
Lets look at the facts. Yes Adams has a had a bad run so far but his track record prior does suggest he can turn things around. Regarding not being able to beat a league two club thats the whole concept of a cup game; remember we beat man city?

Where I sit people still clap and cheer Micky (albeit not as loud as initially), he gets good support at away games and generally people on message boards or who use the scr phone it do so to moan which is why a lot of the posts on here are negative about what ever subject matter they are discussing.

I don't intend on disregarding the facts I just believe that there is a substantial proportion of the fan base who think he should stay.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lets look at the facts. Yes Adams has a had a bad run so far but his track record prior does suggest he can turn things around.
Yes, lets. 3 wins at home all season, the shittest football we've seen in years, 4th from bottom 2 points from safety, baffling signings pre-season, good players played out of position, players out of form seemingly undroppable, easily beaten by the team bottom of the league etc

Regarding not being able to beat a league two club thats the whole concept of a cup game; remember we beat man city?
Even with the weakened team they put out, they'd have beaten us easily enough over two legs and you know it.

Where I sit people still clap and cheer Micky (albeit not as loud as initially), he gets good support at away games and generally people on message boards or who use the scr phone it do so to moan which is why a lot of the posts on here are negative about what ever subject matter they are discussing.

I don't intend on disregarding the facts I just believe that there is a substantial proportion of the fan base who think he should stay.
Substantial? I don't agree.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
God help your poor staff. It's management of your ilk who purport to know all the answers, but never think of learning who have got this country in to the mess it finds itself in now.

Coming back to Adams at Colchester, do you think that the reason that he helped a pal out for a few months rather than take a permanent job was because he knew that a full time job was around the corner????

Actually, I think you will find that most staff know who's not pulling their weight in a business and they are only too happy for management to get rid of those who are holding a business back. As to the mess this country's in, I've never made anyone redundant and don't foresee it happening during the current crisis and redundancy shouldn't be used as an excuse for poor management. Also, I'll have you know that I don't know all the answers, that's why we use part time advisors! Oh shit, bang goes that argument!!!

Back to Colchester and Adams, perhaps you have a point, just when was he appointed at Colchester? I'm sure the conspiracy theorists on NSC will love that!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Keep the faith until we are condemned to relegation when you'll all be saying he should of gone sooner

No I won't - I'll be saying, as I have consistantly, that he should stay until Christmas - relegation or no relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports