Votes: 28 14.6%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Full state funeral.

The country's greatest ever Prime Minister deserves no less.

Hmmm .... I'd suggest that honour would go to Churchill ( despite him being a pretty awful human being ) for guiding the country through WWII.

Thatcher was a good PM but certainly doesn't deserve a state funeral.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Thatcher is just too divisive a figure to be given a state funeral. She a very "marmite" personality. I would have thought that for someone to be given such an honour there would need to be some sort of consensus and lets face it we're never going to reach that where the iron lady is concerned

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
She doesn't deserve a state funeral but she also doesn't deserve some of the hatred and bile being thrown towards her either. She did what she thought was the best for dragging Britain out of the shit that it was in.

As previously stated, what would you have done in the same situation?

Thatcher is just too divisive a figure to be given a state funeral. She a very "marmite" personality. I would have thought that for someone to be given such an honour there would need to be some sort of consensus and lets face it we're never going to reach that where the iron lady is concerned

This.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
She doesn't deserve a state funeral but she also doesn't deserve some of the hatred and bile being thrown towards her either. She did what she thought was the best for dragging Britain out of the shit that it was in.

As previously stated, what would you have done in the same situation?

Agreed - I suspect some of those adding the most vitriolic comments on here were too young or not even born in the 80s. Still the 1970s were such a good time.........:facepalm: Bye the way no to a State Funeral.....not exactly in the same league as Nelson, Churchill etc

I think something has been missed here. I don't think the concept of the state funeral is being put forward on the basis of her domestic agenda, which is always a very subjective matter. The fact is that she led this country in a conflict to successfully liberate British sovereign territory and I am guessing it is for this reason that the state funeral is being suggested.

I make no comment about whether or not I support such a funeral. To debate this ahead of a person's death seems a little distasteful.

After having of course withdrawn the fisheries protection vessel from the South Atlantic against advice from the lords of the admiralty who said that to do so woudl send a signal to Argentina that the UK no longer cared about the falklands. But hey, what do professionals know when faced with the dogmatic ignorance of the witch. So she went ahead and pulled the vessl to save a few thousands of pounds.

And cost us 100's of milloins in a war instead.

Tramp the Dirt Down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is getting rather boring now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh yes, shooting fish in a barrel innit, having a pop at Mrs T, but what do you wish for when you slate her record? Are you honestly remembering fondly those glorious days before her election victory, when the unions ruled the country and could bring it to a grinding halt whenever they chose.

Did the winter of discontent mean nothing to you?
Did that not mean radical change was needed?
Well, radical change is what we got!

Those who held the country to ransom with the rubbish piling up on our streets got what they deserved .... a damn good thrashing from the incoming Government.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh yes, shooting fish in a barrel innit, having a pop at Adolf Hitler, but what do you wish for when you slate his record? Are you honestly remembering fondly those glorious days before his election victory, when the Treaty of Versailles ruled the Fatherland and the Allies could bring it to a grinding halt whenever they chose.

Did hyperinflation mean nothing to you?
Did that not mean radical change was needed?
Well, radical change is what we got!

Those who held the country to ransom with the Star of David up on our streets got what they deserved .... a damn good thrashing from the incoming Government.

Crumbs!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I bet HALF the people on this thread, (point that out as im sure some are),wern't even born when Maggie was in power. Sure she made mistakes, who doesn't. She sure left this country in a better state than when she took it over. Right or wrong the lady was not for turning and she had more balls, than Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron all put together. She was dictator, but better that, than a powder puff, weedy spineless wimp. People are all to ready to jump on the "We hate Maggie bandwagon". During the mid eighties we really did "never have it so good", and she crushed the unions. Top lady, you are sorely missed, look at the f***ing state of the country now after 12 years of Labour. Honestly could you see Thatcher sitting back and watching our boys getting killed in Iraq, while we fight Bushes war, without even the right kit.?...Never in a million years!!!

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Without doubt, Margaret Thatcher was the greatest leader in my lifetime. A State Funeral is the least this country can do to honour her.

Dandyman

In London village.
Is there an option for a State bonfire ?

D

Deleted User X18H

I bet HALF the people on this thread, (point that out as im sure some are),wern't even born when Maggie was in power. Sure she made mistakes, who doesn't. She sure left this country in a better state than when she took it over. Right or wrong the lady was not for turning and she had more balls, than Major, Blair, Brown and Cameron all put together. She was dictator, but better that, than a powder puff, weedy spineless wimp. People are all to ready to jump on the "We hate Maggie bandwagon". During the mid eighties we really did "never have it so good", and she crushed the unions. Top lady, you are sorely missed, look at the f***ing state of the country now after 12 years of Labour. Honestly could you see Thatcher sitting back and watching our boys getting killed in Iraq, while we fight Bushes war, without even the right kit.?...Never in a million years!!!

It's tribal criticism much like the tribal voting we had for Lucas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here