[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not publicly, of course. But is Bloom that hands on with deals? He has hired people to run the club, so surely internally there's a figure, and there's always potential that that gets out, at the very least if there are conversations between the club and the player regarding what each side consider a fair offer.

If we are talking about not wanting to get a reputation for holding players to contracts when a big move is on the table, so that we can entice decent players in their place with the promise of moving on to a bigger opportunity, then players or their representatives are going to want to have an idea of what the club consider a fair offer. It is, I assume, how we get so many of those 'the club is thought to want...' stories from more reputable sources. It seemed to be quite common knowledge that the club were after 50m for White, hard to imagine that was just mass guessing that turned out to be right.
Imagine away then - I think it probably was! :)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sky have removed Marc Cucurella’s next club from the betting now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Indulge me and elaborate, because I think I disagree with you on this. We won't have info on just one player in each position, but several. In the time frames you suggest, TB et al will be generating new info/data which will mean that player A looks more attractive than player B at time X+2 whereas it was the reverse at time X. That past knowledge that DA has supposedly eloped with to Sportswashing x.O FC will be out of date, shirley.

That might be true if you were just looking at, say, the last 2 or 3 months, but the available evidence suggests we do the opposite - don't succumb to recency bias, look at a player's career as a whole, think about how they have progressed to date and how much more there is to come in another 2/3 years under GP. Also, appreciate that sometimes - a lot of the time, in fact - dips in performance happen for a reason, and/or are actually part of the process of getting better. We also seem to look well beyond the positional data & think about how players work with and improve those around them. Ultimately, they are all co-operating with each other and co-operation is not zero sum.

There will always be recruits those that don't continue to develop as you would expect, for any number of reasons, but the care that goes in to selecting the ones to go for should hopefully mean that the ones that succeed will pay for those that don't. The difference re DA is that he's now at a club that can afford to sign up anyone and everyone they fancy. That could take at least the next year or two's-worth of possibilities out of our system, at every level. Perhaps I'm just being overly-pessimistic, but I can see the relentless progress since TB arrived stalling, for a season or two at least.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Just because DA has gone to NUFC doesn’t mean that they are going to suddenly come in for all the players we’ve been tracking for the past 2-3 years. Remember Caicedo chose us over Man United, Lamptey was at Chelsea and chose to join the Albion. If Cucurella goes to City, it just makes BHA even more attractive to young starlets. Only insanely good 16-17 year olds will be getting signed for NUFC, if at all. Right now, I’d say we’re one of the top destinations for young talent. UTA.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Jesus to Arsenal done for £45m. That’s the money ready to pay for Cucu isn’t it…

At least half of it.

. . . Still hoping his wife has a say in their lives and the potantial weather she will tolerate on a day to day basis. . Inland. Its grim up north.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
At least half of it.

. . . Still hoping his wife has a say in their lives and the potantial weather she will tolerate on a day to day basis. . Inland. Its grim up north.
His wife looks like a proper wag !!! 100% she wants cuccu to move to city.

I notice she was wearing sky blue nail varnish (no lie) in the last pic with him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I have no doubt that Cucurella and his missus would be happy to move to Cheshire if he gets paid 2/3 x his current salary, plays for Pep and wins a few medals and trophies as well. Cant blame either of them.
Not sure I appreciate his ‘liking’ of tweets whilst he’s still a Brighton player but if he goes, which is looking likely, then we’ll pocket a load of cash and get in a decent replacement. The current Ajax LB that we have been linked with would be a decent replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports