[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i am really struggling to understand the pessimistic confirmation bias going on here. Lets look at the stuff we actually know.

He is going
1. .............

He is staying.
1. Publicly stated he is happy following a difficult move here, but he and family settled -
2. Naylor (closest thing we have to an official press mouthpiece at the Albion) has said several times , the latest today "its all crap, no bids, no agreements, nothing"

Thats not to say he wont go, City have the pull and money to basically buy any player they want, whenever they want but so far there as been no word from anyone at Brighton or City regarding him actually moving. I cant see him going unless he is likely to be a starter, and if thats the case City will want him in place for preseason, which is getting basically starting for players not having been on international duty.
Brighton will want this deal done asap as Cucu is a massive part of the first team plans, and if there is a realistic likelihood of him going, they will not want to be basing training around a system with a player who is integral to the system and then have to change the whole way the team is built in the last couple of weeks of preseason, and city will want him in place for exactly the same reason, they need to integrate him into their plans.

So as far as i can see, other than some fanboy ******* on Twitter and City's forums the actual evidence is more that he is staying for this season at least, and until that changes Im cautiously optimistic that there is a good chance he will stay.

January and more likely next season is a different matter-especially if he goes to Qatar

el punal

i am really struggling to understand the pessimistic confirmation bias going on here. Lets look at the stuff we actually know.

He is going
1. .............

He is staying.
1. Publicly stated he is happy following a difficult move here, but he and family settled -
2. Naylor (closest thing we have to an official press mouthpiece at the Albion) has said several times , the latest today "its all crap, no bids, no agreements, nothing"

Thats not to say he wont go, City have the pull and money to basically buy any player they want, whenever they want but so far there as been no word from anyone at Brighton or City regarding him actually moving. I cant see him going unless he is likely to be a starter, and if thats the case City will want him in place for preseason, which is getting basically starting for players not having been on international duty.
Brighton will want this deal done asap as Cucu is a massive part of the first team plans, and if there is a realistic likelihood of him going, they will not want to be basing training around a system with a player who is integral to the system and then have to change the whole way the team is built in the last couple of weeks of preseason, and city will want him in place for exactly the same reason, they need to integrate him into their plans.

So as far as i can see, other than some fanboy ******* on Twitter and City's forums the actual evidence is more that he is staying for this season at least, and until that changes Im cautiously optimistic that there is a good chance he will stay.

January and more likely next season is a different matter-especially if he goes to Qatar

Good post. I often wonder what Tony Bloom’s intentions (targets?) are. Unlike many club owners he is patient about progress. If you think back over his reign it has always been about steady progress and consolidation, rinse and repeat. From promotion from League One to the Championship to the Premier League it has never been an instant fix. So now we’ve achieved his aim of a top ten finish where to now? I would hazard a guess at a European spot which many pundits predict that is what we are capable of.

If that is the case I would imagine Uncle Tony would be very reluctant to let any of the top players to go (Bissouma excluded). Like the poker player he is none of us will know until he reveals his hand. This coming season is certainly going to be an intriguing, if not exciting, one to look forward to.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He looks proper gutted to still be here

[tweet]1541365837180944389[/tweet]

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He looks proper gutted to still be here

[tweet]1541365837180944389[/tweet]

rain.jpg

Better than Manchester

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't get it, from what i've been reading by some on here I was expecting MC to walk into the training ground dressed like Liam Gallagher singing Champagne Supernova!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

He is going
1. .............

He is staying.

I agree with you entirely.

The only slight quibble would be to assume that, if he were to go, there would already be plans around either to replace or to reshape and cope with his absence from our existing resources.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Good post. I often wonder what Tony Bloom’s intentions (targets?) are. Unlike many club owners he is patient about progress. If you think back over his reign it has always been about steady progress and consolidation, rinse and repeat. From promotion from League One to the Championship to the Premier League it has never been an instant fix. So now we’ve achieved his aim of a top ten finish where to now? I would hazard a guess at a European spot which many pundits predict that is what we are capable of.

If that is the case I would imagine Uncle Tony would be very reluctant to let any of the top players to go (Bissouma excluded). Like the poker player he is none of us will know until he reveals his hand. This coming season is certainly going to be an intriguing, if not exciting, one to look forward to.

Not running before you can walk.

But I think if Uncle Tony does let anybody go, it will be very much on our terms. We don't need to sell

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He is going
1. .............

He is staying.
2. Naylor (closest thing we have to an official press mouthpiece at the albion) has said several times , the latest today "its all crap, no bids, no agreements, nothing"

thats not to say he wont go, city have the pull and money to basically buy any player they want, whenever they want but so far there as been no word from anyone at brighton or city regarding him actually moving. I cant see him going unless he is likely to be a starter, and if thats the case city will want him in place for preseason, which is getting basically starting for players not having been on international duty.
Brighton will want this deal done asap as cucu is a massive part of the first team plans, and if there is a realistic likelihood of him going, they will not want to be basing training around a system with a player who is integral to the system and then have to change the whole way the team is built in the last couple of weeks of preseason, and city will want him in place for exactly the same reason, they need to integrate him into their plans.

So as far as i can see, other than some fanboy ******* on twitter and city's forums the actual evidence is more that he is staying for this season at least, and until that changes im cautiously optimistic that there is a good chance he will stay.

January and more likely next season is a different matter-especially if he goes to qatar

But someone on this thread said he's as good as gone ........ because Fabrizio Romano said it (at the same time worshipiing the alleged itk gossip) and that he only ever posts the truth!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Have the ‘he’s shit, didn’t want him anyway, let him waste his career at Brighton’ posts started yet ?

Not yet but reading the thread on blue moon is funny. I thought Dirty were desperate needy fans but some on there are unreal. I love the way that by offering us a youngster or 2 on loan will swing the deal for £30m.
One poster even said about putting in an offer of £20m for a Palace defender that would make us think again.
I believe that cucu will end up a Shitty player, maybe soon or between the next 2 windows, but i expect that any deal done will be on our yerms. Remember Dale Stephens, wanted to go, told no dropped from team, came back a better player for us.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Latest update.

Cucurella has today singed personal terms with Gracie Fields, Dagenham Pipe and Drum Band, Pope Pius XII, and the Fat Controllers top hat.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not sure I'll look as athletic in that new training get up,quite nice though.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Not yet but reading the thread on blue moon is funny. I thought Dirty were desperate needy fans but some on there are unreal. I love the way that by offering us a youngster or 2 on loan will swing the deal for £30m.
One poster even said about putting in an offer of £20m for a Palace defender that would make us think again.
I believe that cucu will end up a Shitty player, maybe soon or between the next 2 windows, but i expect that any deal done will be on our yerms. Remember Dale Stephens, wanted to go, told no dropped from team, came back a better player for us.

I think City are quite underrated when it comes to the table of largest proportion of bellends in a fanbase. When they won the league at the Amex, and to a lesser extent the cup semi at Wembley, I thought they were right up there with the most unpleasant I'd encountered.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I think City are quite underrated when it comes to the table of largest proportion of bellends in a fanbase. When they won the league at the Amex, and to a lesser extent the cup semi at Wembley, I thought they were right up there with the most unpleasant I'd encountered.
Plenty of entitled arrogant City tw*ts in the same pub as us pre-Wembley

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A few of them appear ok and reasonable. One though reckons they've had it worse than us over the years. Righto chap, jog on.

We unlike most clubs are unique in the EPL have a chairman who is firstly a fan and a wealthy chairman second. He'll only do what's best for Brighton not the shareholders.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm not in the know whatsoever but talking to a City (quite in the know) colleague today she is adamant that city won't buy Cuca as his price is out of their reach with other transfers they want.

Still under investigation for ffp so can’t just blow it all on whoever they wish for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports