Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Naylor Says it's all crap.

For now, anyway.

If Man City are so keen why don't they make a bid ? Is their bidder on holiday ? ???

To me it sounds like Cucurella is on the Man City target list.... but not number 1 target for LB/LWB and they are concentrating on another player as number 1 target for now.

It is all crap.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor Says it's all crap.

For now, anyway.

If Man City are so keen why don't they make a bid ? Is their bidder on holiday ? ???

To me it sounds like Cucurella is on the Man City target list.... but not number 1 target for LB/LWB and they are concentrating on another player as number 1 target for now.

Perhaps they are concentrating on outgoings first plus the signing of Philips?

They have paid truly enormous fees in the past. It’s very possible that TB will say £65m or something and they’ll just pay. The truly annoying black cloud hanging over our window isn’t going anywhere I’m afraid.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They have paid truly enormous fees in the past. It’s very possible that TB will say £65m or something and they’ll just pay. The truly annoying black cloud hanging over our window isn’t going anywhere I’m afraid.
Would Phillips, bought as a squad player at best, really have been a priority over getting in a LB to replace their £60M LB currently unavailable?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Would Phillips, bought as a squad player at best, really have been a priority over getting in a LB to replace their £60M LB currently unavailable?

I suspect they are getting the easy deals done first.

Leeds obviously rolled over and took pretty much the first offer. We’ll put up a proper fight like Villa did for Grealish but Citeh will clearly pay the money if they want him. They’ve got just over 2 months to piss about with this transfer.

Like others, I just want Cucu gone now if he is going. I’ll be taking no joy in Naylor’s tweet, it just means that TB is putting up an almighty fight to keep the lad which is what I’d expect. Citeh will cough up in the end though but we could have at least 8 weeks of these rumours to endure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Leeds obviously rolled over and took pretty much the first offer. We’ll put up a proper fight like Villa did for Grealish but Citeh will clearly pay the money if they want him. They’ve got just over 2 months to piss about with this transfer.

Like others, I just want Cucu gone now if he is going. I’ll be taking no joy in Naylor’s tweet, it just means that TB is putting up an almighty fight to keep the lad which is what I’d expect. Citeh will cough up in the end though but we could have at least 8 weeks of these rumours to endure.

Tony will absolutely know that too though, so the contingency plan will be ready to implement as soon as it happens. There’s no truly bad outcome here - either he stays, or a colossal fee gets agreed and we’ll have a replacement lined up.

el punal

The City fans forum ‘Bluemoon’ seemed to have changed their tune. A week ago posters reckoned it was in the bag. Now it seems they recognise that this will be a hardball negotiation with Tony Bloom holding the better hand or it will end up like the Harry Kane saga when Daniel Levy refused to let Kane go.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Even with a bit of creative accounting, Citeh must be close to the spending boundaries for the Premier League and UEFA. It is also not that easy for them to raise revenue through transfers due to their wage structure. If they can raise significant funds they may be back, or they offer some of their future prospects into the deal and I don't mean on loan. Failing that they are just going to have to sit there with their noses pressed against the shop window until next summer. This may ultimately suit everyone, especially if Cucurella has another great season. Plenty of time to line up replacements and adjust tactically, if it does happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The City fans forum ‘Bluemoon’ seemed to have changed their tune. A week ago posters reckoned it was in the bag. Now it seems they recognise that this will be a hardball negotiation with Tony Bloom holding the better hand or it will end up like the Harry Kane saga when Daniel Levy refused to let Kane go.
Realism has sunk in. Refreshing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TB hasn’t had to do anything regarding Cucurella as there has been no approach from any other club let alone City. He’s very happy at the Albion and looking forward to the season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

A couple of things, I doubt they did roll over. More likely they set a price and City met it. Contrary to some opinions, I actually think Phillips was their priority. Without Fernandinho, City won't have a DM whereas they still do have Cancelo and Zinchenko that can play at LB to a very decent standard.

Knowing that, I suspect that Cucurella is certainly of value but less of a priority. That said, he could be off any minute. I hear they've agreed personal terms....

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A couple of things, I doubt they did roll over. More likely they set a price and City met it. Contrary to some opinions, I actually think Phillips was their priority. Without Fernandinho, City won't have a DM whereas they still do have Cancelo and Zinchenko that can play at LB to a very decent standard.

Knowing that, I suspect that Cucurella is certainly of value but less of a priority. That said, he could be off any minute. I hear they've agreed personal terms....

I am pretty sure Rodri would disagree!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Have the ‘he’s shit, didn’t want him anyway, let him waste his career at Brighton’ posts started yet ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some of them get it…..

0CA55771-EC6F-4DFA-A7F8-28DAAA32A001.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here