Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Given we are without Lallana, Wellbeck, Maupay, Lamptey, March and Biss- 6 players you'd strongly argue would be starters when fit, I think they can be very proud of that first half. Bodes well for the next two games which really matter.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Well... Good first half, considering the opposition. Shame we conceeded so close to half-time, it'll really open it up for City in the 2nd half.

Tau looking really good. Really lively, good pace, great ball control and touches. Best player for us probably.

Bernardo looks well out of his depth, but bizarrely pulled off a couple of really good challenges amongst loads of errors.

White looking really good in central midfield. His best performance yet in that position.

Sanchez looking really solid. Not a lot he could have done about that finish right in the corner.

Alex Mac also looking decent. A couple of outstanding passes.

All in all, shame we conceded the goal as it will open the flood gates. We might be able to nick a goal at a push, but chances are it'll end up 3-0 or similar.

I think 2-2 or maybe 2-3 to us

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
happy with that overall, tau and mac allister have looked very very good indeed. shame the goal came when it did, but a lot better than i thought it would be

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Webster has been superb. A decent half from everyone. Tau looks sharp and Macallister has been a revelation. Dunk at his best. Encouraging.

Webster is a different player when he plays on the right. Almost all his mistakes seem to come when he played on the left of a three.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Dunk is so indecisive with the ball at his feet Burn is a weaklink, Trossard wasteful.... but the team is doing ok... better out balls to Percy, and some Mac support, we could nick one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Frustrating to concede so late, but quality from Foden. Thought we've been very decent, not been carved open too often, and got into some good positions. Unfortunately been wasteful when we've been in those positions. MacAllister and Tau v impressive, defence has been pretty good. Propper has been poor for me

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well... Good first half, considering the opposition. Shame we conceeded so close to half-time, it'll really open it up for City in the 2nd half.

Tau looking really good. Really lively, good pace, great ball control and touches. Best player for us probably.

Bernardo looks well out of his depth, but bizarrely pulled off a couple of really good challenges amongst loads of errors.

White looking really good in central midfield. His best performance yet in that position.

Sanchez looking really solid. Not a lot he could have done about that finish right in the corner.

Alex Mac also looking decent. A couple of outstanding passes.

All in all, shame we conceded the goal as it will open the flood gates. We might be able to nick a goal at a push, but chances are it'll end up 3-0 or similar.

This

You saved me typing this out.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We haven't been bad: Tau, Mac and Webster have had good games. Maybe Webster should have done better with the goal but that was a quality turn.

What the hell is up with Propper though? He looks completely off the pace and his passing his way off. Trossard should be doing better too. Let's have Gross and Maupay on, sharpish

I know, it's almost like he's been out for a while injured.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Played well tonight so far, I thought that was foul on Tau, Trossard I don’t get can’t cross or take players on, as someone said commentators think we are a threat from corners they can’t watch us much.

It’s city we don’t expect anything from this, but a good performance you can take losing, it’s losing when the players don’t show any passion that hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here