Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann's birthday today.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I won't criticise the McCanns for continually trying to keep the story current.

If their intentions are honourable that is a fair assessment. If people want to buy the book they are entitled to do so, there has been a lot of money paid into the fund and the only beneficiaries seem to be the private detectives. I hope for all concerned that they are not taking the money and simply pocketing it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
They probably shouldn't have left her alone 4 years ago or more to the point they shouldn't have killed their daughter and tried to pretend somebodyelse kidknapped her

This, in buckets. Personally, I don't have any doubt at all that they accidentally ODd her on sedatives so they could have a nice night out without either using a babysitter or being disturbed, then went equally over the top on their "OMG she's missing" stuff in order to cover their trails once it had all gone wrong. And it's worked a treat.

Then they - unlike say, the parents of hundreds of other missing children who behave quite differently - can continue to pass themselves off as innocent parties just by conducting a series high-profile publicity stunts years later about continuing the hunt for poor little Maddie or some such, as well as blaming police who are of course bound to be incompetent by virtue of being foreign. Et voila.

(I could be wrong of course but that makes sense to me anyway.)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe some are actually bored of it all? Maybe some think there are more important things in the world happening and don't care about 'dear Maddy' anymore? Who knows?

So why'd they click on the thread?

I was thinking the same , but I'm now in the thinking she's been snatched and living in some asian country at the moment looking completely different (darker hair and stuff) ..

Seriously, this is a worrying post. What on earth made you change your mind?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Maybe some are actually bored of it all? Maybe some think there are more important things in the world happening and don't care about 'dear Maddy' anymore? Who knows?

Am sure most are very bored of it but can you really blame the McCann's for their endless, whilst most probably fruitless, campaign to find their daughter? I don't blame them. I admire them hugely and would hope my stamina and resolve would match theirs in the event anything happened to any of my kids.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
there has been a lot of money paid into the fund and the only beneficiaries seem to be the private detectives.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the McCann's themselves get into a spot of bother for dipping into the fund?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
This, in buckets. Personally, I don't have any doubt at all that they accidentally ODd her on sedatives so they could have a nice night out without either using a babysitter or being disturbed, then went equally over the top on their "OMG she's missing" stuff in order to cover their trails once it had all gone wrong. And it's worked a treat.

Then they - unlike say, the parents of hundreds of other missing children who behave quite differently - can continue to pass themselves off as innocent parties just by conducting a series high-profile publicity stunts years later about continuing the hunt for poor little Maddie or some such, as well as blaming police who are of course bound to be incompetent by virtue of being foreign. Et voila.

I dont have any doubt that you are talking total bollocks (I could be wrong of course but.....)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
All a sacrificial ritual. The (aristocratic) parents are in on it.

Been in the news for years because the more emotional energy it receives the stronger the ritual.

keep reading the sun people and don't study anything on your own....rely on the mainstream media....stay asleep, shop, work, love sport.....etc etc

:)
Whats this, the script to f***ing trainspoting, keep taking the medicine pal in you fake little Regency world of converted bed-sits, Internet cafés and poncy furniture shops.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Am sure most are very bored of it but can you really blame the McCann's for their endless, whilst most probably fruitless, campaign to find their daughter? I don't blame them. I admire them hugely and would hope my stamina and resolve would match theirs in the event anything happened to any of my kids.

Agree. It was a very inventive crusade as well. I'd have never thought of popping over to Rome and asking the Pope if he knew where she is.

It's certainly a case study in how to undermine a police investigation while turning over millions in a private (not for profit) company run by ex suspects in a criminal inquiry.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

seriously?

wow. I'm in agreement with Bushy and The Spanish on this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here