Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann's birthday today.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tough though it must be, isn't it time for them to try and move on?

I think that is impossible, you wouldn't be able to help but retain that little bit of hope in you somewhere. What is she IS alive and you give up on ever finding her? That's what stops you moving on.

The only way they can begin to move on, is if they discover the body, and then they can start grieving.

It really is an utter nightmare for them, and they have my deepest DEEPEST sympathy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't understand how some people on here can be so cold hearted about a little girl who has been missing for 4 years. :nono:

No one is being cold hearted about the disappearance of the little girl as far as I can make out. Many of us are parents.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm not a parent but even I can understand why the McCanns won't move on, I know I wouldn't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand how some people on here can be so cold hearted about a little girl who has been missing for 4 years. :nono:
It's not surprising that people can get fed up with the disproportionate amount of coverage 1 missing person gets. As has been said already, there are many missing children, and all as important as each other, but the press don't share the coverage equally.

I wonder what percentage of parents have ever left the house with their young children left alone, in this country, let alone in a foreign country.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
At least her parents have behaved in a dignified manner and not tried to cash in with a book and numerous media appearances this week after the mysterious disappearance of their daughter.

Thank you for making the first "harsh" comment. After the reaction you got I'm not going to say anything about Danny Seagulls basement.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Maybe some are actually bored of it all? Maybe some think there are more important things in the world happening and don't care about 'dear Maddy' anymore? Who knows?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why on earth would they write the book in the first place? It's not as if they have not had hundreds of opportunities to get their message across to their media chums already over the last four years.

If it had been a family from the scrag end of Brighton and the mother had not been lens and microphone friendly MILF this story would have disappeared without trace.
As BHA said , they'd write a book to make money to continue their search, there are lot of holier than thou people in this world who condemn them without a second thought, but I come from a generation where kids were left in chalets (butlins etc) and staff checked every so often for crying and suchlike, i've have the utmost sympathy for the living hell that must be the mccanns daily life.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FFS Bushy, surely they should give it up ? It's been 4 years.....I probably would have forgotten my daughter by then...
WTF? Do you have children? I assume you're just deliberately being a twat.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If it had been a family from the scrag end of Brighton and the mother had not been lens and microphone friendly MILF this story would have disappeared without trace.

how long has keith bennett been missing no one slags his very working class northern mum off for banging on about it and being on telly. after 40 odd years.

i hate madeline mccann threads and try to keep out of them but just have to raise a point here.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As BHA said , they'd write a book to make money to continue their search, there are lot of holier than thou people in this world who condemn them without a second thought, but I come from a generation where kids were left in chalets (butlins etc) and staff checked every so often for crying and suchlike, i've have the utmost sympathy for the living hell that must be the mccanns daily life.

I'm from the same generation. Any parent who has lost a child deserves sympathy, it's the media obsession that makes me feel uneasy. Anyone who sells their story to The Sun, with it's record of crocodile tears over many years, invokes a degree of cynicism. The McCann's and their circumstances sell papers.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
there are lot of holier than thou people in this world who condemn them without a second thought

I wouldn't be suprised either if at least one of the holier than though on this site watches the kind of sick shit that it is assumed she was taken for, therefore directly responsible for creating the demand IMO.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I watched the film taken last night. Now that is a parent who does something about their missing daughter.

They probably shouldn't have left her alone 4 years ago or more to the point they shouldn't have killed their daughter and tried to pretend somebodyelse kidknapped her

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wouldn't be suprised either if at least one of the holier than though on this site watches the kind of sick shit that it is assumed she was taken for, therefore directly responsible for creating the demand IMO.

Care to name names?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What does the book sale money actually go towards? Flights back and forward but what else? Not being cynical, just interested about what can actually be done to find a child after 4 years of nothing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here