Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think that is COMPLETELY unfair.

CMS was leading the line so defenders are COMPLETELY focused on his runs.

Barnes STROLLS in from deep and got many of his goals from that sort of position. It's much easier to look like you're making 'good' runs if you were not being tracked.

Most of CMS runs were for the purpose of dragging defenders. From WSU you can see it perfectly.

SPOT ON, I will be gutted if CMS leaves, I rate him highly, people will only realise how good he was for us last season sadly IF he goes.

Id he does go however, we move on, and the replacement will get my full support.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Oh, I see. If CMS goes then you've got your answer covered because it's a footballing decision and if he stays then everyone who disagrees knows nothing about football.

(The headless chicken comment wasn't mine btw)

No, but the post you took exception to was in response to it!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Cms must stay.... else we will be left with 'Barn door Barnes' who gets penalties and about 10 chances per goal..... A lot of those chances down to hustle activity from cms in the course of him charging about..... Replace Barnes with a more alert, efficient and skilled marksman and our goal tally will double...... ditch Barnes.

Clueless!

He's one of Poyet's favourite works in progress

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whatever happens we are in a win-win situation , if CMS departs we'll recoup the money laid out for him and bring in a replacement striker , if he stays he'll prove all the doubters wrong. The CMS -RM swap deal was a scenario a couple of weeks ago when Palace where crowing about having a deal already sorted out and waiting for Leeds to sign a Pompey player but at the time were already outbid by another club. RM is looking for a 3 year deal at Leeds.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Whatever happens we are in a win-win situation , if CMS departs we'll recoup the money laid out for him and bring in a replacement striker , if he stays he'll prove all the doubters wrong. The CMS -RM swap deal was a scenario a couple of weeks ago when Palace where crowing about having a deal already sorted out and waiting for Leeds to sign a Pompey player but at the time were already outbid by another club. RM is looking for a 3 year deal at Leeds.

I have an exceptional source that has just said CMS will leave for Leeds in a swap deal. This will be announced later today. I have absolutely no reason to doubt him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I have an exceptional source that has just said CMS will leave for Leeds in a swap deal. This will be announced later today. I have absolutely no reason to doubt him.

If so, sounds like a shite piece of business to me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Swap with who? Which club?

I have thought that this would be the season for Agdestein. Perhaps we aren't seeing the same things as Gus...he has looked useful each time I have seen him, but can he score the 20+ goals that we need. Or does Barnes play the line, with Agdestein behind? I am obviously not sure about any of this, but he does seem a great prospect

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barnes for McCormack?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

We are not getting McCormtwat are we - he is f***ing useless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nonsense.

McCormack is younger than CMS, and has a better record at this level.
My concern with this deal is that Neil Warnock has got out of this division several times, and he thinks he'd rather have CMS.

I'd be less concerned if the Leeds manager was some clueless numpty like Steve Cotterill.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
We are not getting McCormtwat are we - he is f***ing useless.

He only said a swap deal but I think we can all work out the player in exchange.

And McCormack most certainly isn't useless!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports