Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Im choosing to stick my fingers in my ears and go lalalala about this rumour

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have an exceptional source that has just said CMS will leave for Leeds in a swap deal. This will be announced later today. I have absolutely no reason to doubt him.

My source is in the dark as there appears to be an embargo.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Warnock has said all along, McCormack is going nowhere unless it's a swap. Looks like this could be it, would be a shame to see CMS go as he is a top notch fella. On a footballing note, would be a solid bit of business.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I have an exceptional source that has just said CMS will leave for Leeds in a swap deal. This will be announced later today. I have absolutely no reason to doubt him.

Can't happen until we sign a striker, Hoskins out. Toby too inexperienced, only Barnes as a striker and he plays a different role in the side, we can't lose CMS until we are certain of cover

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My concern with this deal is that Neil Warnock has got out of this division several times, and he thinks he'd rather have CMS.

I'd be less concerned if the Leeds manager was some clueless numpty like Steve Cotterill.
But Gus Poyet thinks he'd rather have McCormack.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
McCormack now reported on SKY saying he wants to stay at Leeds if a deal can be done........................... hmmmmmm

Leeds still awaiting a takeover so unless they splash all the cash from the Snodgrass deal they can't afford CMS - it's swop or no deal for them as far as I can see

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Becchio is certainly more the type of player you would expect Gus to look at to COMPLEMENT CMS but not to replace him.

I think the player who has impressed Gus more than any other as the ideal front man was Ricky Lambert over the last two years - someone who can boss defences and both create and take chances. Becchio clearly isn't as fat but he does have some of the same nuisance values to play alongside a CMS-type speedster

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Becchio is certainly more the type of player you would expect Gus to look at to COMPLEMENT CMS but not to replace him.

I think the player who has impressed Gus more than any other as the ideal front man was Ricky Lambert over the last two years - someone who can boss defences and both create and take chances. Becchio clearly isn't as fat but he does have some of the same nuisance values to play alongside a CMS-type speedster

Fat Ricky barges away defenders with ease or they just bounce off of him. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here