Mackail-Smith to Leeds rumour picking up...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Good news. CMS needs to move on for his and our sake.He is a very likable guy but football wise is not the best. He will never be a success here all the time Gus is the manager and now is a good time to part company. I would be happy with a straight swap with McCormack, he can actually control the ball and score.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
if he does fair play to him, he's not as bad as some make out or his record of last season.

Gus bought him and then left him isolated up front in a system totally unsuitable for him, 1 little guy against defenders on his own poor old CMS was feeding on scraps, the occasional loan partners he did have were crap, it would affect anybodies confidence.

put him in a system with players to feed off that suits him like at Peterborough and the taps will open again I'm sure

Not at Championship level he won't. He only scraped 11 in 47 for them at this level. I am afraid he is simply a lower-league striker, and very good against poor quality defenders.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Probably. But that's not a reason, to hold onto him. Its costing us about £1m a season in depreceation and wages. I'd say that if he isn't working out for us, then carrying on spending that, just to prevent him scoring for someone else, really would make us mugs.

I meant that I believe he will get the goals if we make the chances and we are just being impatient. Im not sure what it is people think a less mobile 'big man' would have been able to do with the meagre scraps CMS fed off for the second half of the season but i really dont think he was to blame for the lack of goals.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Surely we cant afford to lose another striker with the Hoskins injury so would have to be a swap.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Not at Championship level he won't. He only scraped 11 in 47 for them at this level. I am afraid he is simply a lower-league striker, and very good against poor quality defenders.

Yes, he looked awful when skinning GERARD PIQUE for Scotland against Spain.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The Seagulls host European club champions Chelsea in a prestigious friendly at The Amex on Saturday.

Poyet said this morning: "If Macca comes though without any problems today and tomorrow he has a chance to play.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I love his energy, love him spending 5 mins clapping the fans after every game. But can't help thinking it hasn't really worked out.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Seagulls host European club champions Chelsea in a prestigious friendly at The Amex on Saturday.

Poyet said this morning: "If Macca comes though without any problems today and tomorrow he has a chance to play.

Jesus we better not be signing that has-been!

9420_100949356591953_100000306669997_23776_2272494_n.jpg

kano

Jun 17, 2011
There's a fair few of us that have been saying for ages that CMS isn't the answer. It appears Poyet shares that view. Therefore, if CMS goes, are you saying that Poyet doesn't understand football either?

You appear to be forgetting who paid a few million quid for him about a year ago?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I love his energy, love him spending 5 mins clapping the fans after every game. But can't help thinking it hasn't really worked out.

Exactly. Clapping doesn't win football matches.

I'm happy to see him go if we can get someone that'll hit the back of the net in to replace him. His first touch is shit too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You appear to be forgetting who paid a few million quid for him about a year ago?

Yeah. Managers make mistakes sometimes. Even Ferguson and Wenger. It's the ability to recognise the mistakes and rectify them that makes these chaps so good. Compare and contrast with Micky Adams who, like a WWI general, was convinced that his tactics would eventually succeed despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
There's a fair few of us that have been saying for ages that CMS isn't the answer. It appears Poyet shares that view. Therefore, if CMS goes, are you saying that Poyet doesn't understand football either?

Massive difference between saying that he "isn't the answer" and calling him an "aimless headless chicken" isn't there? He is a channel runner and penalty box player, it's not his fault that we signed him "to build a team round" and then failed to play to his strengths. Gus himself has held his hands up to that, hence the efforts to bring someone in last season. I personally feel that it's the midfield service to CMS (Vicente in particular) that is key rather than a strike partner and would be very disappointed to see him leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports