Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will be FUMING if Notts declare with anything less than a 300 lead

I think that will be extremely unlikely.

Notts can't do worse than third place but have to win to take second. Middlesex cannot win their match as they're over 300 behind at the halfway stage and they'll probably lose it. Therefore, Notts have absolutely nothing to lose by declaring and trying for a result.

However, they'll know Hampshire will do anything to try to win as a draw's no good to them, so the skill will be in setting a target that makes them take risks. Ordinarily they might look to bat all day today and for their first hour tomorrow, leaving them 400 off 75 but, in the circumstances, this might be a tad generous because the asking rate will be 5.33 per over off 75 overs, so tough but not impossible.

I would have though that 450 off 60 overs might be the call, but it's not likely Notts will post a second innings score of 400+ anyway. The declaration's unlikely unless the weather intervenes.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not sure that relegation would be a disaster. Perhaps games against lesser counties would improve confidence by achievement and lead to better one day results. Just trying to find a silver lining !!!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It's all jolly exciting
Yes. Notts building their lead while it rains at Leeds is about perfection for us right now. Hope it continues for a bit longer.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good news of extended rain break at Headingley. Could be crucial.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good old John... ha ha ha... absolutely John... thank you... something about hot chocolate... more bashing of keyboards...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here