Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua - does he have a future at BHA?

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
If he continues to improve then yes. I know we have a big selection of wide players but LuaLua has good potential, he's got pace, he can dribble the ball well, he has a good shot on him. It all depends on how much he improves, but saying that with the amount of wingers we've got will he get the experience he needs to improve?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well Lua Lua has been mentioned with Noone,Buckley,Vincente...what about the forgotten man....ie Hoskins,he has'nt become a bad player overnight....oh! all these riches.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is what sets Gus apart from some other big name managers.

Good article and brilliant to read. KLL seems to be just the sort of player you'd hope he was: responding as any good squad player should - work your nuts off to force your way back into the manager's immediate plans.

These are the sort of things as fans that we never really know about players, until we see it in action. It's the sort of thing that makes CMS a good match for Gus. (CMS chose Albion because Gus agreed to meet him and talk about nothing but football, whereas Allardyce and Sven both ignored him and left the negotiating to their money men)

All the while Gus sees this sort of attitude in training, KLL will be in his plans. He's good enough to be in the first team squad, and the attitude is spot on. That's all there is to it.

rockypaul

May 23, 2011
Could be a clever ploy by Gus to give him limited games between now & January so as to get him at a snip in the transfer window and then unleash him for the last few months on the unsuspecting teams....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could be a clever ploy by Gus to give him limited games between now & January so as to get him at a snip in the transfer window and then unleash him for the last few months on the unsuspecting teams....

Love conspiracy theories but in reality I'm sure a price was agreed as part of the loan deal

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bloody stupid question! I suspect Kazanga's had to get a little bit of confidence back after has injury last season and the reminder of his vulnerability he received from the Olhanense centre back pre-season, one of the potentially nastiest fouls I've ever witnessed, it clearly upset Kazenga. I have absolutely no doubt he figures large in Gus's plans and so long as he keeps clear of further injury (a big ask because defenders hate fast tricky players in any division) i think he'll be ours come January. Its fantastic that we've got KLL, Noone, Buckley and now Vicente but we're going to need them all over a full season because these are the type of players targeted by opposition defenses and injuries will happen.

welshseagull

Jul 12, 2011
Even when hes just on the bench, I always beleive that he could come on and change a match within minutes. Perhaps at the moment thats not needed but it will be quite a few times this season. He is definitely not a 90 minute player, but I still think he could in time become an Albion legend!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Lualua has a great future with us, it can be hard to hold his L1 form, as he was injured. Once Gus and the medical team get to grips, Lualua will once again be on song.

I agree with other posters, if we can use Lualua sparingly in his loan period, I see us getting a reduced price in jan.

Look how Gus used Noone sparingly last year, Gus knew how good Noone was, but didn't want other clubs coming in for him during the transfer window. Gus should be trusted, he knows exactly what he wants and when to do it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yep, Noone is on fire at the moment and as of know, I think the roles are reversed than we had envisaged, i.e Noone gets the start and KLL comes on for him with 20 minutes or so to go.

With injuries or loss of form (which I obviously hope neither will happen) to Noone, KLL will come back.

I think Vicente may sometimes play up front alongside CMS, also Vicente is not going to play every game.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
If he does become disillusioned then we don't want him.

I see the signing of Vicente as not only a class player on the pitch but also a huge opportunity for the likes of KLL, Noone and Buckley to up their games to another level just by training with him. If anyone throws a hissy fit and does not grasp that opportunity, then they are fools and we are better off without them imo.

Spot on m8

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
KLL is of course a threat down the wing at this level so really he needs to prove he can be consistent, even as a sub. Noone continually proves himself during each game this season so will be hard to push out. I would expect Vicente to play LW as you would not get the best out of him in the middle or more central. It is possible but unlikely. If Vicente plays anywhere near his best (have seen quite a bit of him on the tele) he will have to be played. Not really sure it is the best idea to play two lefties on the wings but who knows. Either way Noone will be under pressure to continually prove himself. Brilliant!
It is up to KLL to show the hunger to play. He is good enough imho.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Sorry can you translate please.

I'll give it another go?
Lala is not that good at our one/two touch possession game.

He gets it & looks to run with it first, if it works it looks awesome, when it doesn't all of his attacking options are marked and he has to pass home and start again.
If he looked for the 1-2 more and ran on to the ball from deep rather than running with it from deep it would be nice.

I'd expect he'll learn over time, but I think that will decide on when and how often he plays

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Right now no.
From what I've seen of him he looks for the pass last, often by the time he releases the ball after running around in circles because he dosing beat his man first time, every other attacking plaster is well marked and the ball goes back.
So unless he runs into the ball ogre beats the man 1st time, he's not part if the solution.
That doesn't mean he's pony. Look at Giggs, his game grew, stated playing football purposely and learned when to with the ball and when to keep it moving.
Once Lala gets his head on he could be more useful then Noone's been so far this season.

Bizarre! Have the medical team developed an attacking plaster? Who is the ball ogre? Are we also going to sign Dipsy and Tinky Winky?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here