LuaLua - does he have a future at BHA?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DJB

Jul 31, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Anybody else get the feeling that Gus may have cooled on LuaLua somewhat. Dont get me wrong he is a talent and has a lot of pottential but he is still to attain a level of consistency in his performances. I appreciate he is young too but is there better out there for less money.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Young; talented; skilful; fast as f*** and a great shot on him; frightens shit out of defenders.........................................he's staying

Just happens to be behind Nooney at the moment because the roofer is on fire but Vicente will tuck-in inside and KLL's time to start will come as the season progresses and Noone'ss form inevitably slips.

Haven't we just come a long long way though that we could even think to question his value

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think everything is set up perfectly for him to have a relatively quiet 1st half of the season, and that will help us get him at a better price in January than Newcastle were demanding in the summer when it looked like he was the key piece in our plans.

Anyone would think Bloom is a poker player the way these deals come together.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I think everything is set up perfectly for him to have a relatively quiet 1st half of the season, and that will help us get him at a better price in January than Newcastle were demanding in the summer when it looked like he was the key piece in our plans.

Anyone would think Bloom is a poker player the way these deals come together.

Been taught by the Lizard In that department :p

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Nope. I think we have a lot of attacking options and they'll all have their moments over the season. Lua Lua offers an alternative to the trickery of Noone and Vicente - direct power and pace. And it sounds like Vicente will tuck inside meaning Barnes or Dicker could be most at threat. You can see Harley playing deeper with Bridcutt if Vicente & Barnes stay in.

There are still games though where Dicker could be the right man for the job. The great thing is there are subtle differences between most of the midfielders and we know Gus likes to tailor the team to the opponents, so I don't think any of them should be despondent. They've all got to play bloody well to keep their place though - great position to be in.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think Buckley is faster than KLL now. Hoping Kaz regains his fitness and form, but he's not the player he was pre injury yet and the club have been proved absolutely spot on in taking their time with the deal and making it a loan to buy rather than an outright purchase

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The thing about Kaz is he is just a winger through and through.... all of the other "classified" wingers are interchangeable, Buckley can play striker and play both sides, Nooney also can drop into midfield.

Kaz is a great winger with pace but he doesn't really do much else, and without a bigger target man striker, like Murray last season, what is the point in him throwing over balls to the box with small strikers?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As said I think he will be used sparingly until Christmas and then a deal done at a realistic price then he will spring to life. He seems to have put on weight and lost his explosive burst of pace, perhaps it is the better fullbacks in the Championship are able to force him back and not allow him to scream past them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Anybody else get the feeling that Gus may have cooled on LuaLua somewhat.
No. That's the whole point of having a squad, you play those who are fittest/most inform, and last month KLL was behind Noone (who wasn't?) and Buckley. Kaz has been with us quite a while, and just signed a new deal, so I can't imagine there's anything wrong.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The thing about Kaz is he is just a winger through and through.... all of the other "classified" wingers are interchangeable, Buckley can play striker and play both sides, Nooney also can drop into midfield.

Kaz is a great winger with pace but he doesn't really do much else, and without a bigger target man striker, like Murray last season, what is the point in him throwing over balls to the box with small strikers?

CMS has already scored 2 headers...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
People seem to have forgotten that he came of the bench and created two excellent chances. The first CMS should have scored from and the second Barnes with taken down and we should have had a penno.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think Buckley is faster than KLL now. Hoping Kaz regains his fitness and form, but he's not the player he was pre injury yet and the club have been proved absolutely spot on in taking their time with the deal and making it a loan to buy rather than an outright purchase

It's hard to tell because we haven't seen much of him, and the players he's up against are a division higher. When we have been promoted to this level before, I've always been taken aback by how much faster players are. Players I thought were merely solid, are suddenly quicker than players of ours I considered pacy. That's is just what happens.

Look at Painter. If he had been injured in the summer, we'd be saying that he isn't as fast since the injury, but the reality is that he's been exposed a couple of times by players who are quicker than he faced in League One. When he did come up against a pacy player in League One - Craig Noone - he did struggle a bit.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
very much yes , poyet has built a squad of players that he thinks as individuals offer something a little different than the run of the mill player , lualua is a component of that squad , on his day even in this league he is able to make very good defenders look daft , just ask Blackpools Right back Neal Eardley who suffered 15 minutes of abject humiliation when lualua came on .

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Of course hes got a future, hes a brilliantly talented young footballer, great at dribbling and crossing, lightning quick and has lead in his boots. We'd be nuts not to sign him up permanently. I find it bizarre that some people are trying to make out thats hes not all that all of a sudden, like they're desperately looking for it. Hes hardly played this year yet and when he has had a brief cameos hes gone past the full back with ease and put dangerous crosses in. Both nooney and kll are the real deal, we want both of them especially if we make it to the promised land

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports