Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua - does he have a future at BHA?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
O Hes hardly played this year yet and when he has had a brief cameos hes gone past the full back with ease and put dangerous crosses in.

Yes! He bloody did. Most on this thread seem to think he's done nothing this year.

Lush

Mods' Pet
As I said in a previous thread, if we are chasing a game or looking comfortable he's a great player to use. If we need to keep it tight, he isn't, because he goes for the 'impossible' ball/move and sometimes it doesn't come off, leaving us exposed. Different options needed for different situations - and isn't it GREAT to have them.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Yes! He bloody did. Most on this thread seem to think he's done nothing this year.

No he hasn't. Early part of the year was still injured, a few brief cameos for nufc at the end of last season, pre season and a few sub appearances at the start of this season because nooney is playing so well. Adds up to hardly any first team football this year

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No he hasn't. Early part of the year was still injured, a few brief cameos for nufc at the end of last season, pre season and a few sub appearances at the start of this season because nooney is playing so well. Adds up to hardly any first team football this year

Sorry, I mean when he has appeared. He's being written off after having very little game time.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Ah misunderstood the sentence. You were agreeing hes been effective when played not disagreeing that he hasnt had much game time :)

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Anybody else get the feeling that Gus may have cooled on LuaLua somewhat. Dont get me wrong he is a talent and has a lot of pottential but he is still to attain a level of consistency in his performances. I appreciate he is young too but is there better out there for less money.

Yes definately , we now have a great squad which he is part of.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its an interesting question that should be asked. as good as he is on the wing he isnt as flexible as others, i'd rather have kept Bennet if there were a chioce. he had great form and games previously when he was the focus of alot of adulation, but i wonder if not being top banana will have an effect on him. hope not, but its a factor to consider.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
its an interesting question that should be asked. as good as he is on the wing he isnt as flexible as others, i'd rather have kept Bennet if there were a chioce. he had great form and games previously when he was the focus of alot of adulation, but i wonder if not being top banana will have an effect on him. hope not, but its a factor to consider.

Amazing really. Last year he was THE player who got the crowd on their feet when he touched the ball. This season we have about 5 of them!!
Still, of course he has a role to play.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
As said I think he will be used sparingly until Christmas and then a deal done at a realistic price then he will spring to life. He seems to have put on weight and lost his explosive burst of pace, perhaps it is the better fullbacks in the Championship are able to force him back and not allow him to scream past them.

I think this is spot on. Once fully fit & developing his skills beside players like Vicente he will lead us to the promised land... PL.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think this is spot on. Once fully fit & developing his skills beside players like Vicente he will lead us to the promised land... PL.

As much as i like him i reckon he may go back to the Mags in January. I can't see him getting ahead of Vincente, Noone or Buckley at the moment and i think he may become disilluisioned if he doesn't start playing reguarly. \hope i'm wrong thou!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Lua Lua is still a really really exciting player and will definetely find himself in the team for a number of games if he can keep himself fit. Buckley can play up front too and Noone might lose his form or get injured, so it is important to have quality in depth. Vincente will be a bench player initially until he establishes his fitness.

Kaz just needs to be patient. Gus and the fans rate him and he has a great future here.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I feel a bit for Kaz but I have the feeling that he came back a bit "Billy Big Boll*cks" and expected to walk into the team but found Noone and Buckley in such irresistable form. There's no basis in fact for the first part but its just a feeling I had.

Personally, I think we've only seen flashes of the real Kaz this season and its all a question of how he takes his chances when they come up. So far he has and he hasn't. I agree with what some have said that he is a player for certain occasions, i.e. To smash a tired defence or to reinvigorate and refresh when we are struggling to break down. He categorically is not a player to come on when the game is in the balance.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I think the comparisons of pace between Buckley and Kaz are beside the point. Kaz seems to be a player who turns on his pace sparingly, preferring to trick the fullback into thinking he'll go one way, and then going the other. Whereas Buckley knows the majority of fullbacks in this league from his Watford days, and thus when he came on against Donny, he had the confidence to use his pace and skin them. Different players and let's just hope Kaz can prove to be as effective.

When LuaLua has come on, I've noticed two things. 1) he does have a tendency to lose the ball at inopportune times. 2) he's had blistering shots blocked by defenders. They're goals without the blocks.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
As much as i like him i reckon he may go back to the Mags in January. I can't see him getting ahead of Vincente, Noone or Buckley at the moment and i think he may become disilluisioned if he doesn't start playing reguarly. \hope i'm wrong thou!

If he does become disillusioned then we don't want him.

I see the signing of Vicente as not only a class player on the pitch but also a huge opportunity for the likes of KLL, Noone and Buckley to up their games to another level just by training with him. If anyone throws a hissy fit and does not grasp that opportunity, then they are fools and we are better off without them imo.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It seems a lot of folk on this thread are questioning the fitness of KLL, why would we take on loan a player who is not fit?

I agree with a previous post, just look at the last 15 minutes against Blackpool and he tore them apart just a shame we couldn't score the third goal in that game.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Gus likes a brand of football that asks a lot of his attacking midfielders and wingers. We need a lot of them because of that. I'm sure KLL will get his fair share of games, and be bloody great. I'm a bit surprised the question has been asked, tbh.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Nooney has improved. Sheer pace is one thing the best full back in the world cannot deal with. The Doncaster right back made a good fist of it though against Lua lua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here