Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua - does he have a future at BHA?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think the question is ridiculous and almost disgustingly fickle. We are talking about the biggest folk hero at this club in years. Just watch the vid of him in blue and white on youtube to remind yourself why.

Now we have a few new toys he suddenly doesn't have a future? Or we should at least be asking the question? Stupid! We know he can tear up L1, in time we should be sure that he will do it in the Championship.

Lucky for him and us he is in a situation where he'll be carefully nurtured. The 'not the same player' argument is so premature it hurts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think he's looked a little off the pace when he's come on this season, but I'm sure he'll get his opportunity.

With Kaz, Noone, Buckley and now Vicente we have almost an embrassment of riches - if any of them gets crocked, we will have a great replacement waiting in the, erm, wings.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
LuaLua can be frighting going forward but on the little we've seen this season, he frightens me defending. Painter a few times with LL infront of him has been left faciing 2 attacking players. If I can see it from WSU every scout from the opp. can see it. N oone seems able to play either wing so LL got to get it together, Gus has got alot of choices in what and where to play players.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That first half against Donny he looked out of form and muscled too easily out of the game, but since coming off the bench in following games he has brought true fear into the hearts of opposing defenders. It's always if no one knows what will happen, including him, and that is an incredible player to have in and around the place. He'll get his opportunities and i can imagine him to consistently round defenders before pinging low crosses in to avoid the need for Murray's springlike leap.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once LuaLua is signed on a permanent deal in January he'll then lose about 2 or 3 kilos in weight and get his pace back.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why? Strange reply.

If he isn't playing particularly well during his loan period we might be able to negotiate on the transfer price with NUFC. Scouts from other clubs won't put in a good word so we'll be the only interested party. Once he signs permanently we'll see a transformation and he'll be back to what we're used to.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If he isn't playing particularly well during his loan period we might be able to negotiate on the transfer price with NUFC. Scouts from other clubs won't put in a good word so we'll be the only interested party. Once he signs permanently we'll see a transformation and he'll be back to what we're used to.

Sorry mate, still don't get it. You're saying he'll get/stay fat til January, not get a good run out and make him more accessible come the transfer window? Professionals don't do that sort of thing, and I cannot see GP playing along with this conspiracy theory. Not being rude, but this is one of the strangest posts I have seen on NSC.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Right now no.
From what I've seen of him he looks for the pass last, often by the time he releases the ball after running around in circles because he dosing beat his man first time, every other attacking plaster is well marked and the ball goes back.
So unless he runs into the ball ogre beats the man 1st time, he's not part if the solution.
That doesn't mean he's pony. Look at Giggs, his game grew, stated playing football purposely and learned when to with the ball and when to keep it moving.
Once Lala gets his head on he could be more useful then Noone's been so far this season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would not be surprised if he went back in January. He looks heavier than when he was last here and not as fast. That said he can still beat defenders and get crosses in. My main concern is that even though we wrap him in cotton wool, manage his hamstrings (as Gus once said) and limit his game time he has spent an awful amount of time out injured. This is worrying for someone so young.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What are your views on the moon landing?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Haha doesn't play for a few games because Noone has been on fire and all of a sudden we have lost interest, read what Gus has said on the situation

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Right now no.
From what I've seen of him he looks for the pass last, often by the time he releases the ball after running around in circles because he dosing beat his man first time, every other attacking plaster is well marked and the ball goes back.
So unless he runs into the ball ogre beats the man 1st time, he's not part if the solution.
That doesn't mean he's pony. Look at Giggs, his game grew, stated playing football purposely and learned when to with the ball and when to keep it moving.
Once Lala gets his head on he could be more useful then Noone's been so far this season.

Sorry can you translate please.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seems a lot of folk on this thread are questioning the fitness of KLL, why would we take on loan a player who is not fit?

He failed a medical, so that is why he is on loan rather than with a permanent contract.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haha doesn't play for a few games because Noone has been on fire and all of a sudden we have lost interest, read what Gus has said on the situation

Quite. He hasn't lost any pace as I posted a few days ago having watched him training in Portugal. He'll get his chance and will enthrall us all again.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The main thing is he needs to prove his fitness. If he can do that I am sure Gus can work to add to his (already very good) game.

Like a lot of pacey players (Michael Owen being a good example), I can't help but think he might be injury prone.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
One of the few players who gets the fans on their feet every time he gets the ball. He is important for us even if he is not playing as the players know they cannot afford 1 bad game with him breathing down their necks.

I flippin LOVE Lua Lua

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here