Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua "keen on a move"

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I blame Bolasie. Lualua needs to redefine his game and I would be alarmed to see him in the opposition.

When the opposition set back and deep defend we need a bit of acceleration and skill to break down the opposition defence.

I would dismayed if he left. I think he will need to start more games though. I'm not so sure there is anything much to choose between Murphy, March, Lualua and Skalák. Just different. As the defender the one I would least like to face is Lualua though.

Lualua: main fault is he rarely runs into space
March: main fault that is overly left footed
Skalák: does not beat his man
Murphy: more workmanlike than the others

I think the best way to place Lualua is to push him forward and let him do his tricks near the penalty area. That's what I mean by refining his game plan.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
A loan is definitely the way to go. That way he can still take points off our rivals but won't be eligible to play against us.
Also if he does well on loan, with more game time, it will increase his value.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Maybe a bit controversial but for the last year or so i've seen him as a fringe player, a less then "super" sub who came on when we were losing to make things happen, more than likely we still lost.

I don't think we've lost any games in the last year, where he's come on as a sub. ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Me too! Definitely his fault.

...actually not that ludicrous. Bolasie is KLL's cousin innit, and they are good mates. The former's recent move (and no doubt hefty signing on fee and wages) might have got Kazenga thinking.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Mixed thoughts on this. He's way down the pecking order and deserves regular football. He plays an entirely singular brand of football. He was the primary cause of our superb start last season.

But I'd be more than sad to see him go.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He's still a decent player, still got pace and loves a shot from distance.

But now we have Knockaert and Murphy, and even to an extent Skalak, we are seeing what genuine wingers are supposed to be doing, and this makes Kaz look worse than he actually is.

It's like having steak when you've been used to burgers for years, the burgers haven't got worse, just that you now know what beef is actually supposed to taste like!
Knocky is medium rare perfection oozing quality ...

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How much wedge ? I'd say 750k / 1m.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lua Lua "keen on a move"

Lualua: main fault is he rarely runs into space

NO. His main fault is that he can't read the game very well. His long passing is not existent. He constantly slows down one touch quick passing moves by keeping the ball and waiting for a player to approach him so that he can try and go round him. His crossing is also wayward at times as are some of his shots.

HOWEVER. He is as good as Bolasie at most things and we don't have anyone like him. If he'd ever been taught to run into the box and dive, we'd have had a lot more penalties over the years but I'd go and watch Palace if I wanted to watch cheating every match. He was on fire last season until injury struck. As you say, he should be high up the pitch using his pace and tricks to get in scoring positions. He'd have been worth £5m+ last September. And if Bolasie is £25m, then he must be at least £20m? Turn him into a no10? He'd hold the ball up well and score a few.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I don't begrudge Kaz, he's been a loyal servant of the club. And he's put in more than a few match winning performances. But like most posters will be sorry to see him go. And if we can pocket some dosh, and providing it's well spent (like reducing the price of pies). Good for both parties. :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Get as much money as we can for him and don't bother with loaning him out....Quality player on his day and plenty of clubs will want him in this league.

We need better players and have better players

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
NO. His main fault is that he can't read the game very well. His long passing is not existent. He constantly slows down one touch quick passing moves by keeping the ball and waiting for a player to approach him so that he can try and go round him. His crossing is also wayward at times as are some of his shots.

HOWEVER. He is as good as Bolasie at most things and we don't have anyone like him. If he'd ever been taught to run into the box and dive, we'd have had a lot more penalties over the years but I'd go and watch Palace if I wanted to watch cheating every match. He was on fire last season until injury struck. As you say, he should be high up the pitch using his pace and tricks to get in scoring positions. He'd have been worth £5m+ last September. And if Bolasie is £25m, then he must be at least £20m? Turn him into a no10? He'd hold the ball up well and score a few.

Give Lualua some Suarez tapes and show him how to make runs off the ball into the danger areas. Needs to be central to take advantage of his ability to go right or left or run the channels on either side. Should be a second striker, although Knockaert seems to filling this role.

Lualua has acceleration more than sprint speed and this asset (shared by Peter Vardy) is best suited to a number 10 in the hole behind one or two strikers. Lualua might be even stevens with Baldock behind Knocky for his spot.

Saves £30 million (Everton prices) on buying a new striker.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If we get as much as £500,000 for him, that would be outrageous business. If it creeps up to £1million then LuaLua shall be remembered as a hero, just for the fee we received for flogging him.

Decent option off the bench but well overtaken by the quality players we've brought in and there's no shame there. No shame in not being as good as the best winger in the league, or as good as a Czech International. Cheers for the memories, Kaz, all the best wherever is next.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We should keep him. Knock hart won't be able to go past men so freely every game, Skalek and Murphy don't do that and Solly will take some time to find his feet. We should definitely keep him. Pace is hard to find.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We should keep him. Knock hart won't be able to go past men so freely every game, Skalek and Murphy don't do that and Solly will take some time to find his feet. We should definitely keep him. Pace is hard to find.

That is the point he seems to have lost his burst of pace and is reliant on his now well known dummy. He is still quicker than a lot but not so obviously as much as he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here