Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost children

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I've told my little girl to head straight for the shop - its well lit and there is normally a really tall fella stood on the door who is very friendly - i'm confident he would be able to sort something out and she could stand with him until I got there - it's really made me think though - I'm always really vigilant with her but sometimes you blink and they wander off - and that horrid sick feeling of not knowing where they are is dreadful!!!

If she is in the concourse I have told her to go straight to a steward

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Once at Withdean, my lad (who was about 6 at the time) thought he saw me leaving the toilets and followed. When I was done, he wasn't where I'd told him to wait. I then saw someone in a jacket exactly the same as mine walking towards me with my son in tow. He said it was lucky my son tried to hold his hand or he wouldn't have noticed him following!

Far more scary was when I properly lost him in Totnes. He'd just popped down some steps to see what was there when the group we were with moved off. I was explaining a balance weighing machine to someone else's son and we then rushed to catch up with everyone else, only to find my son wasn't with them. We'd been on the platform of the steam railway, so I thought the worst, but he was happily chatting to the station master when I arrived back all of a fluster!

It really is a horrible feeling when your kids go missing, no matter how quickly you're reunited.

Last edited:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Show your child beforehand the big Seagulls Superstore sign and tell them if they get lost to go there and stay there. It will have to do until we get a statue of Gus.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
My parents lost me in a market in rye when I was two. Where did they eventually find me?

The beer tent. :thumbsup:

You get about 15 kids a day going "missing" on the beach in Brighton when the weather's hot & it's crowded. Most are found within a few minutes, happily.
It's incredibly easy to lose a child on a beach - especially when there are other kids around and they get playing with each other. If you've got younger children as well, it's even easier to lose one.

I remember losing our then four year old on Broadstairs beach. Fortunately we found another one, and all turned out for the best.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
There weren't that many stewards outside at that time though - they were all still inside - there were a handful of police but they were dealing with some idiots having a scrap down the path.

I just asked my 7 year old - if you got lost at the Amex what would you do? And she said - urrrmmm panic then find a steward or a policeman - so that's a pretty sensible answer but I've still told her to head for the shop as that is where I would go to find her - so to tell the steward that's where we would meet up - but in the mad panic I guess it's different!

The little boy last night looked like a normal cheeky 10 year old but still burst into tears when he was shit scared!!! We told him dad would be just as frantic and none calmed down when we said we would stay with him until we found his daddy!

Glad we did though - I had to wait an extra 15 mins for a drink in Dick's but it was worth it to see the relief on his face when dad appeared x

I'll be taking my 2 boys on Saturday for the first time (aged 6&9) and I hadn't even thought about this!! Excellent post and congrats on finding the lads dad.
Both my 2 are pretty clingy so hopefully we will never get seperated.
That said in thinking the shop or West Reception might be the best places. They are manned and in doors so if it's cold or wet that would be better.
Thanks for bringing this up

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I'll be taking my 2 boys on Saturday for the first time (aged 6&9) and I hadn't even thought about this!! Excellent post and congrats on finding the lads dad.
Both my 2 are pretty clingy so hopefully we will never get seperated.
That said in thinking the shop or West Reception might be the best places. They are manned and in doors so if it's cold or wet that would be better.
Thanks for bringing this up

Your welcome!! I'm waiting for Saturday now and hundreds of lost children sat outside the shop crying their eyes out!!! I'll be in trouble with the club then!!! Lololololol

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ever since he was a wee boy, I've always pointed out an ERV (emergency rendezvous vous) to him whenever we go anywhere where there was a chance of getting separated.

As an aside, we found a lost girl at the county ground last year, she's come in very handy round the house.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
I actually wrote my number in biro on my daughters arm when I took her to the Amex in case we got separated.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Thanks for the reminder Lady Gull, you can never be too careful, my 7 year old now knows my mobi no off by heart.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually wrote my number in biro on my daughters arm when I took her to the Amex in case we got separated.

I see this at Gladtonbury a lot. I always write my wife's number on my arm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here