Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost children

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
maybe you should go down the gym more often and put a bit less on your plate... then you could be a good samartine

Or maybe he could follow the kid back to school and sit in on his spelling lessons!! :lol:

All jokes aside, is that good advice? i think possibly not, if the gentleman in question is in his more mature years then no amount of dieting / healthy living will help in this case.

Maybe something a bit more constructive would be better advice :thumbsup:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
so what if he ran off with ya phone what insurance is for,

That's a bit of a dumb answer tbh, the insuraqnce doesn't get your phone numbers back! I know we should all have backups, I also know I haven't.

I would have helped the lad, got him to a steward, phoned his dad myself, but I wouldn't hand my phone over either.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's a bit of a dumb answer tbh, the insuraqnce doesn't get your phone numbers back! .

I doubt very much your phone insurance would pay out, if you willingly handed your phone, to somebody who then ran off with it, anyway.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I doubt very much your phone insurance would pay out, if you willingly handed your phone, to somebody who then ran off with it, anyway.

*** cough *** Dear Insurance Company, I've lost my phone, please arrange for a new one.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
In tesco the other day a little lad had wandered off from his dad . . I watched him stop and run down an aisle when his dad wasn't watching. He then realised his dad wasn't there so screamed daddy daddy I cant see you. dad turned up from round corner and the little lad told his dad off.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I saw a lost kid over here. He was sitting screaming and crying in the street. I stood and watched for over an hour and not one single person went to help him.

What's wrong with people these days??

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I saw a lost kid over here. He was sitting screaming and crying in the street. I stood and watched for over an hour and not one single person went to help him.

What's wrong with people these days??

You watched for an hour?!?!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

What's wrong with people these days??[/QUOTE]

I think some of it has a lot to do with the outcome of actually attending to a childs needs, what i mean by that is if you are a guy and a little girl is lost or even looks lost, and your a helpful sort of guy and you go and try and help her and suddenly it all goes pear shaped, it does all go wrong in some order.

Years ago when i lived in \brighton, it was silly oclock on a saturday morning and i was walking home, as you like!! and i saw a couple arguin, this was by the level, i ignored it at first, then i saw the guy hitting the girl, and he was hitting her in some order!! i ran across the road shouting at him and pulled him off, he tried to hit me so i hit him, next thing i know both of them are fighting me!!! :lol: ......i tried to do a good deed and it went wrong.......in this day and age it is difficult, but in the same token i would personally go and help a kid if i felt he / she was in difficulty.

Edit: Sorry if there are mistakes etc but i am in work and rushed this like anything as we have a game tonight!! :)

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
My kid is 3 and I pretty much carry him everywhere where there are larger crowds. The only time I've come close to losing him is in the concourse (where I'm carrying a pie and pint instead of him), but he's always just a few paces behind.

This has definitely made me realise arranging a meet up spot if we get separated, or to see a steward and tell THEM the meet up spot, is a good plan.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If a child was actually properly lost is there a safe place they would be taken to until parent'(s) could be found ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I remember all those years ago at the Goldstone when I went with my dad as a boy, we always had a meeting point if we got seperated and in those days you always did !

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I lost [MENTION=15434]BHABen[/MENTION] for nearly 20 mins last night ok so he is 34 but the amount of people walking towards Moulscoombe was crazy last night. Personally maybe 10 is the right age for a child to have a Mobile with pre programmed numbers. Just a thought.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I lost [MENTION=15434]BHABen[/MENTION] for nearly 20 mins last night ok so he is 34 but the amount of people walking towards Moulscoombe was crazy last night. Personally maybe 10 is the right age for a child to have a Mobile with pre programmed numbers. Just a thought.

That new flippin carpark. It used to be a doddle getting home that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here