Lost children

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Would I hand a £250 phone to a kid that could easily outrun me. NO.
you particular type of person he was 7 years old and allmost in tears, he couldent have outrun me and i have just had heart surgery
ps i am lady gulls brother so yes i was there before you ask.
All we are saying is speak to your kids and pre arange a meeting place, or tell them where to go for help before it happens not after(it was not something we thought about till last night either)

Last edited:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
What's even stranger is since texting the dad I've found out he's transferred to 1901 this season and my seat in the north stand is directly behind where he sat!!!! Lololol the little lad sits in the north with his mate!!! Lolololol so at least now if he gets lost again he knows he can ring dad from my phone!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not the signal at the Amex that's crap, it's the fact that there are 25,000 mobile phones in close proximity, and the network can't cope with that number of phones all attempting to connect with the nearest mast.

Same at any location where there's large crowds- stadiums, concerts, the beach in peak season etc.

If you went to the Amex now, you'd get a signal fine.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
It's not the signal at the Amex that's crap, it's the fact that there are 25,000 mobile phones in close proximity, and the network can't cope with that number of phones all attempting to connect with the nearest mast.

Same at any location where there's large crowds- stadiums, concerts, the beach in peak season etc.

Ahhh right every day's a school day!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I keep taking my son to busy places in the hope he will get lost, but alas he keeps turning up..........................he's 21

Happy the lad found his dad

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Actually, to some extent, it's both. The O2 mast at University of Sussex is knackered.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I went to Euro Disney whilst on holiday in France last week. Saw a chap who had lost his 6 year old daughter. He was frantically calling her name and searching for her. As a parent of a 5 year old, I simply couldn't que up for the next ride and asked the chap what she looked like. Fortunately he had taken a number of photos that day of her in her orange Dutch football kit. I looked around for half an hour, but no luck.

Then I went back to the lost and found part of the park and saw Dad, Mum and daughter re-united. I was so happy. The little girl had simply got lost in the crowd, but had the presence of mind to go to the nearest shop and say that she was lost.

It made me think of my own daughter. I have told her that if we ever got lost, that initially to shout in her loudest voice for us. But if we dont arrive to go into the nearest shop (without crossing a road) and say to the counter staff that she is lost.

I'll keep reminding her of it too.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Thanks for the tip, I will make sure my 7 year old knows where out meeting points are when we go on saturday. Better be safe than sorry.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
good work ladygull

it's bad enough losing them in the local supermarket,let alone at a fooball match!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Its scary and with 23,000 ppl all rushing to get to the station or buses or the bar when your little it must be really scary - and last night it was dark too!!!!

It's scary enough for an adult sometimes in that environment for a little child - it would have been proper scary!!!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
What's even stranger is since texting the dad I've found out he's transferred to 1901 this season and my seat in the north stand is directly behind where he sat!!!! Lololol the little lad sits in the north with his mate!!! Lolololol so at least now if he gets lost again he knows he can ring dad from my phone!!!

Well done Ladgull,wish everyone was like you! :angel:

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Last night after the game just making our way into the shop - a young boy of about 10 spoke to an Albion fan and asked to use his phone as he'd lost his dad!

The Albion fan said - NO - whether he had no credit or not I'm not sure anyway I said - don't worry - you can use mine - he said he'd been separated from his dad and mate when they were walking out - easy done I guess.

He got really upset but I told him to stay near the shop and I'd stay until we found dad - signal at the Amex is rubbish to say the least!!!!

After 8 calls and a couple of texts - we went to the guys at Dick's Bar and asked them to put a shout out - I left the boy with the bouncer guy at Dick's and found a policeman who put radioed the other cops I guess.

Anyway, eventually dad arrived at the door of Dick's much relieved and father and son were reunited!!!!

Made me think though - I haven't ever told my little girl where to go should we get separated - I've always got hold of her hand but girls are different to boys - boys don't want to hold hands I guess -

Make sure you speak to your kids so they know where to go for help at the Amex - luckily this little boy remembered dad's phone number!!!!

In the dark - with thousands of ppl and a fight going on down the path to the station and being separated from your mum or dad it must have been a scary 7 minutes.

Thanks to my bro and another Albion fan who helped us relocate dad!

excellent work Lady Gull :wink:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I once lost my mum in tesco when I was 5. It was terrifying but I remembered to tell a staff member however I was so scared I wouldn't remember my own name! So the lady had to announce that she had a little girl in a red coat who couldn't remember her name! Doh! Apparently i was only missing for 10 minutes and mum had only been 2 aisles away but I remember it as being ages before she came and claimed me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I can still remember coming out of the Goldstone when I was 7/8 and just being carried with the crowd.
All you can see is the arse in front of you and the legs to either side - identifying faces is just impossible when squeezed up and being 3ft tall.
Quite scary!

No mobile phones back then so lost rendezvous point planning essential [as I was a bit of a wanderer]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You get about 15 kids a day going "missing" on the beach in Brighton when the weather's hot & it's crowded. Most are found within a few minutes, happily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports