Lost children

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Last night after the game just making our way into the shop - a young boy of about 10 spoke to an Albion fan and asked to use his phone as he'd lost his dad!

The Albion fan said - NO - whether he had no credit or not I'm not sure anyway I said - don't worry - you can use mine - he said he'd been separated from his dad and mate when they were walking out - easy done I guess.

He got really upset but I told him to stay near the shop and I'd stay until we found dad - signal at the Amex is rubbish to say the least!!!!

After 8 calls and a couple of texts - we went to the guys at Dick's Bar and asked them to put a shout out - I left the boy with the bouncer guy at Dick's and found a policeman who put radioed the other cops I guess.

Anyway, eventually dad arrived at the door of Dick's much relieved and father and son were reunited!!!!

Made me think though - I haven't ever told my little girl where to go should we get separated - I've always got hold of her hand but girls are different to boys - boys don't want to hold hands I guess -

Make sure you speak to your kids so they know where to go for help at the Amex - luckily this little boy remembered dad's phone number!!!!

In the dark - with thousands of ppl and a fight going on down the path to the station and being separated from your mum or dad it must have been a scary 7 minutes.

Thanks to my bro and another Albion fan who helped us relocate dad!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Great work. Take my ten yr old daughter every home game, make sure she has memorized my mobile number. Also have told her that if we are ever separated then she needs to direct policemen or someone in a fluorescent jacket.

God forbid we ever lose each other, hope she runs into you rather than that idiot who refused tim use of his phone, what a douche.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good work LadyGull. Can't believe the attitude of the other guy. What an absolute prick.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Last night after the game just making our way into the shop - a young boy of about 10 spoke to an Albion fan and asked to use his phone as he'd lost his dad!

The Albion fan said - NO - whether he had no credit or not I'm not sure anyway I said - don't worry - you can use mine - he said he'd been separated from his dad and mate when they were walking out - easy done I guess.

He got really upset but I told him to stay near the shop and I'd stay until we found dad - signal at the Amex is rubbish to say the least!!!!

After 8 calls and a couple of texts - we went to the guys at Dick's Bar and asked them to put a shout out - I left the boy with the bouncer guy at Dick's and found a policeman who put radioed the other cops I guess.

Anyway, eventually dad arrived at the door of Dick's much relieved and father and son were reunited!!!!

Made me think though - I haven't ever told my little girl where to go should we get separated - I've always got hold of her hand but girls are different to boys - boys don't want to hold hands I guess -

Make sure you speak to your kids so they know where to go for help at the Amex - luckily this little boy remembered dad's phone number!!!!

In the dark - with thousands of ppl and a fight going on down the path to the station and being separated from your mum or dad it must have been a scary 7 minutes.

Thanks to my bro and another Albion fan who helped us relocate dad!

Top post, and you're right, we should ALL have an emergency plan for our kids should we lose them somehow. A meeting point IN the ground, and a meeting point OUTSIDE the ground.

I'm fortunate in that my son is quite paranoid about losing me, so despite wanting to act all grown-up as much as he can, despite only being 10, when it comes to crowds, he is a happy hand-holder.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes I would have phoned the kids dad for him. It was really busy outside the ground last night and I 'lost' my son for ten minutes and he is 21. Luckily found him later on at the Uni and gave him a sharp speaking too for wandering off.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I've picked out a spot to meet now if seperated, cheers for this reminder!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
There weren't that many stewards outside at that time though - they were all still inside - there were a handful of police but they were dealing with some idiots having a scrap down the path.

I just asked my 7 year old - if you got lost at the Amex what would you do? And she said - urrrmmm panic then find a steward or a policeman - so that's a pretty sensible answer but I've still told her to head for the shop as that is where I would go to find her - so to tell the steward that's where we would meet up - but in the mad panic I guess it's different!

The little boy last night looked like a normal cheeky 10 year old but still burst into tears when he was shit scared!!! We told him dad would be just as frantic and none calmed down when we said we would stay with him until we found his daddy!

Glad we did though - I had to wait an extra 15 mins for a drink in Dick's but it was worth it to see the relief on his face when dad appeared x

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
The signal at the Amex is particularly crap though it took ages to actually get a call through and we left a message and one text was undelivered - luckily one got through - thank god!!!!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Would I hand a £250 phone to a kid that could easily outrun me. NO.

I rang the kids dad - but the thought he'd run off with my iPhone didn't even cross my mind - I could tell in his face that he was about to burst into tears - him pissing off with my phone hadn't entered my head until I read this post of yours!!!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I Lost my 7 year old Daughter at Hyde park, luckily she had a piece of paper in her rucksack with my phone number on.
When I checked my phone. I had no signal.Luckily enough she remembered my other Daughters phone number.She found a lady on her own with a young girl and she very kindly phoned me. The worst 40 minutes of my life!!
I would never expect a young child to remember a mobile phone number (whilst under pressure) but she did.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Just had a nice text from dad - thanking me for staying with the lad last night - I said it's fine I was surprised he remembered your number - text back said - yes I had trouble remembering my name this morning!!!! Lololo

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
I Lost my 7 year old Daughter at Hyde park, luckily she had a piece of paper in her rucksack with my phone number on.
When I checked my phone. I had no signal.Luckily enough she remembered my other Daughters phone number.She found a lady on her own with a young girl and she very kindly phoned me. The worst 40 minutes of my life!!
I would never expect a young child to remember a mobile phone number (whilst under pressure) but she did.

It's the worse feeling in the world when you lose them - I lost my son in marks and Spencer's once Christmas and it took me ages to find him - security guards running round to all the entrances - he'd decided to hide in a wardrobe the little sod!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports