Jul 14, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Yes and I know which one id have.

Really? You surprise me!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
LDH said:
that's because McCammon is, to be fair, a bit shit.

Maybe a bit yeah but he puts in 400 times the effort Knight puts in. We have always been a team that thrives on hard work not just turning up.

I would rather have McCammon in my starting line up than knight.

Good Ridance Knight.

I need teepee

Jul 30, 2005
Hove
Leon leaving.

I believe we should back Mark McGhee all the way on this issue.
You cant have players ranting and raving about team selection when it is clearly the managers job. The players should be showing more professionalism and respect for their boss.

Would any of you guys/girls act this way with your bosses and expect to get away with it.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I agree that we should be backing Mark McGhee on this one. Leon is out of line, and the sooner he is out the better.

I should say though that while I think the Chairman would not have said it publicly, a little conversation I had 4-5 weeks ago with somebody who is likely to know stressed the chairman is not overly happy with our signings and style of play under McGhee, the style of play being something Dick himself eluded to in the Boxing Day programme notes.

This saga is not over by a long shot....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
IT WAS IN THE SUN!!!!!

IT DID NOT COME FROM A CLUB SOURCE WHICH MEANS LEON OR HIS AGENT...WHY ELSE WOULD HE COME OUT OF IT STINKING OF ROSES?

YOU CAN'T SAY "THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING" AND EXPECT TO GIVEN A ROUND OF APPLAUSE!

Bye leon,thanks for 1 year

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seagull73 said:
I agree that we should be backing Mark McGhee on this one. Leon is out of line, and the sooner he is out the better.

I should say though that while I think the Chairman would not have said it publicly, a little conversation I had 4-5 weeks ago with somebody who is likely to know stressed the chairman is not overly happy with our signings and style of play under McGhee, the style of play being something Dick himself eluded to in the Boxing Day programme notes.

Sounds similar to the reasons he was sacked by Millwall.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:

Interesting....

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
DAMANCLAY said:
Maybe a bit yeah but he puts in 400 times the effort Knight puts in. We have always been a team that thrives on hard work not just turning up.

I would rather have McCammon in my starting line up than knight.

Good Ridance Knight.

Personally i dont think Mcammon does put that much effort in ..at the risk of getting flammed i saw a few instances yday when he gave up chasing all too easily ...likewise i also believe LK has to go not only becuase his attitudue is poor but also he is a destabilising effect on a few others in the squad .That is what MM is battling with as he tries to keep team spirit and moral high

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
fair play McGhee, bye to the little kid that has not done a great deal this season but moan....go to your beloved Coppell and moan when the ginger kitson gets picked ahead of you !!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
And yet oddly enough I don't remember a breath of criticism of McGhee from you when he did to McCammon.

Oddly enough you didn't call McCammon a poisonous cancer, a plague on our squad or whatever bollocks you are spouting about Knight when it happened to McCammon.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
The matter needs to be put to bed. Leon doesn't realise that he has been a prat questioning McGhee, showing him disrespect. Leon has been in the game for 8 years and has caused various amounts of trouble wherever he has gone, as so many coaches have said.

Where have coaches actually said this? Does anyone actually have direct quotes of this?

Just interested.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
This is what Chris Turner had to say about Leon Knight a couple of years ago:

Turner told shareholders at the AGM: "Leon Knight made 27 appearances for us and scored three goals.
"From the day I came here, he said he didn't like Sheffield Wednesday; he felt let down by the previous manager (Terry Yorath) because he played him out of position and kept taking him off.
"After two weeks he still wanted to go back to Chelsea. I spoke to Alan Sykes (Wednesday's former chief executive) about the situation.
"He said that as Knight was on a year's loan, he couldn't go back early to Chelsea.
"I informed Leon of this, and from that day onwards he tried his utmost to get us to send him back, through every sort of way you can think of.
"His discipline on and off the training ground and on match days left a lot to be desired. To go any further than that would be unprofessional of me.
"He went back to Chelsea because he was under contract to them. It's not as if he was our player to let go to Brighton."

You can also include Gary Chivers comments a couple of weeks ago.

Former Albion defender Gary Chivers said: "I coached him for three years at Chelsea and he was up there with the likes of Carlton Cole.
"I never really had a problem with him but he did have a side to him. If things weren't going well then you knew about it from his point of view.
"It seems to me as if he has got to grow up a little bit because he has all the ability.
"He is at a crossroads in his career and I hope for his sake he handles it the right way. Mark has done well down there and will only be trying to do good by him.
"He should be knuckling down and trying everything, working harder and training harder to get himself back on the right track.
"He did ever so well at first for Brighton but he has got to sustain it. That is what he should be worrying about if he wants to go on, whether with Brighton or somebody else, because if you have an attitude problem other clubs won't touch you.
"I just hope that he takes everything on board what Mark is saying to him, because he will only be doing it for Leon's own good."

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
This is what Chris Turner had to say about Leon Knight a couple of years ago:

Turner told shareholders at the AGM: "Leon Knight made 27 appearances for us and scored three goals.
"From the day I came here, he said he didn't like Sheffield Wednesday; he felt let down by the previous manager (Terry Yorath) because he played him out of position and kept taking him off.
"After two weeks he still wanted to go back to Chelsea. I spoke to Alan Sykes (Wednesday's former chief executive) about the situation.
"He said that as Knight was on a year's loan, he couldn't go back early to Chelsea.
"I informed Leon of this, and from that day onwards he tried his utmost to get us to send him back, through every sort of way you can think of.
"His discipline on and off the training ground and on match days left a lot to be desired. To go any further than that would be unprofessional of me.
"He went back to Chelsea because he was under contract to them. It's not as if he was our player to let go to Brighton."

You can also include Gary Chivers comments a couple of weeks ago.

Former Albion defender Gary Chivers said: "I coached him for three years at Chelsea and he was up there with the likes of Carlton Cole.
"I never really had a problem with him but he did have a side to him. If things weren't going well then you knew about it from his point of view.
"It seems to me as if he has got to grow up a little bit because he has all the ability.
"He is at a crossroads in his career and I hope for his sake he handles it the right way. Mark has done well down there and will only be trying to do good by him.
"He should be knuckling down and trying everything, working harder and training harder to get himself back on the right track.
"He did ever so well at first for Brighton but he has got to sustain it. That is what he should be worrying about if he wants to go on, whether with Brighton or somebody else, because if you have an attitude problem other clubs won't touch you.
"I just hope that he takes everything on board what Mark is saying to him, because he will only be doing it for Leon's own good."

Interesting reading!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seagull73 said:

Possily because DK is a big fan of the Albion, and wants us to do well for the sake of pride as well as commerce. We have at times recently been dire. Having said that, we did do well against Hull and QPR. But what DK does as a fan and what he does as a chairman are two different things.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
This was what Leon had to say about Chris Turner before we played Wednesday in 2003.

When he came in my whole world collapsed really," Knight said.
"I took it back home with me to my family and I was in real distress. All I want to do is play football and he stopped me from doing that."
Knight netted twice in as many games shortly after Turner took charge.
He grabbed a last minute equaliser as a substitute at Gillingham, then scored in a home defeat by Portsmouth.
Two matches later he made what proved to be the last of his 14 starts for Wednesday, ironically in the 1-1 home draw against Albion in December.
"He (Turner) said I didn't fit into his style of play," Knight explained.
"He wanted a team of big boys who basically lump it and win the flicks on, just battle and don't really get the ball down on the floor.
"I had to take a sidestep for about seven months which was the most terrible time of my whole career. I was even thinking of packing the game in.
"He was just the most disrespectful man I have ever come across. I was one of the better trainers there, but he pulled me up and said I wasn't putting it in.
"He gave me two weeks and I put everything into it and he still fobbed me off.
"That's what I didn't like. You were not getting played on merit there. No matter what he wasn't going to play you."

Wonder how many of those comments will be repeated when he next comes up against a team managed by McGhee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here