Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon to leave - on SSN now...

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
This whole farce is an embarrassment to the club - sack them both!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MM and Leon have brought the club into disrepute...as has The large One for not making himself clearer.

Sack all three

Tom Hark said:
"I was trying to be a peacemaker over Michel being dropped and I got the rap for it...I said to Michel 'It's done, the manager isn't going to change his mind. In my opinion they don't know what they are doing'.

Yeah, nothing inflammatory about that remark is there Leon? And he's pretending to be the innocent one. Conceited little shit.

:wave:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Locky said:
Reported in the Sun today:

Headline....... Mutiny on the Buses

Brighton Boss Mark McGhee tried to throw Leon Knight off the team bus on the way to Southampton.
Albions players had to step in and stop their manager after he got involved in another amazing bust up with his 5ft 5" hitman.
Brighrton Chairman Dick Knight is said to be furious with his manager.

This is getting out of hand now :angry:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This sort of negative publicity can take control of the club and players begin to lose focus on the important issues, like survival.

You have decided to leave Leon, handing in your request, now shut the f*ck up!

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
This sort of negative publicity can take control of the club and players begin to lose focus on the important issues, like survival.

You have decided to leave Leon, handing in your request, now shut the f*ck up!

Why should he? Mcghee sure as hell doesnt.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
KinkyHitler said:
Why should he? Mcghee sure as hell doesnt.

The matter needs to be put to bed. Leon doesn't realise that he has been a prat questioning McGhee, showing him disrespect. Leon has been in the game for 8 years and has caused various amounts of trouble wherever he has gone, as so many coaches have said. McGhee is in charge of this team and I repsect his opinion. McGhee is far more liekly to keep us in this league than Leon - as per last season.

If Leon really wants a decent club to join, then he will have to admit he is wrong in questioning McGhee, but I don't think he will being a petulant little twit.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
The matter needs to be put to bed. Leon doesn't realise that he has been a prat questioning McGhee, showing him disrespect. Leon has been in the game for 8 years and has caused various amounts of trouble wherever he has gone, as so many coaches have said. McGhee is in charge of this team and I repsect his opinion. McGhee is far more liekly to keep us in this league than Leon - as per last season.

If Leon really wants a decent club to join, then he will have to admit he is wrong in questioning McGhee, but I don't think he will being a petulant little twit.

He is leaving I think we all accept that now, so why should he not have his say after Mcghee blasted him quite a bit in the press?

Uncle Buck said:
Does look like there are issues with the legendary team spirit that we allegedly have at the club.

Still it gets us in the news.

Any players signing for the club should request a travel allowance as part of their contract as there is a danager the manager might leave them in some out post of the country, due to a clash of ties.
And yet oddly enough I don't remember a breath of criticism of McGhee from you when he did to McCammon.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I wish he would f*** off as soon as possible the irritating little shit. The longer he stays the more destablising and embarrasing he becomes.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Because he is in the wrong. (IMO).

How hard is it, when you are getting paid fairly well, to put your head down, train hard, play for the team. If he doesn't agree with the manager, there are surely others ways of going about it. Rather than causing standoffs.

Storming off the pitch in front of all the fans refusing to shake McGhees hand. Twice the season before kicking the water bottles over.

All we need now is someone to put the story to bed, and ship him off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
LDH said:
that's because McCammon is, to be fair, a bit shit.

Whereas Knight is an irritating little shit

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
i have a theory on this issue.

Carole and Frutos have come in and worked their socks off. Physical when required, track back, good going forward, creative, excellent attitude and not a negative squeek out of either them towards team mates or management. Good pro's both of them and no doubt on less money than the petulant one.

I suspect that McGhee has pointed to them and said 'Leon, that is the yardstick I want you to strive for. You've been here for a while now, you're struggling for form, aim at reaching the high standards these two new fellas are achieving'. I suspect MM has had a pop about his effort in training compared to the new lads too.

IMHO I reckon Leon has got the arse over such statements from MM, and come up with the long ball tactic gripes to open a public rift. Not even sure he has anything like a valid point personally, certainly not when Henderson was in goal and throwing wide to feet. I think it was all to give other clubs notice through the media in advance of the January window.

He's run his course with us, anything or anyone that unsettles the youngsters and the team spirit is no good to us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here