Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Clark

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Hope they have a yes from the person they want, otherwise might look a bit silly. Are managers out there who could do better there I feel though. LC had 3 chances and failed each time.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Strange decision - maybe Clark's failure to deny he fancied the Leeds job when asked on TV last week indicates something has been going on behind the scenes that the Huddersfield board view as unacceptable, but must be serious if they couldn't wait for possible compensation if he went to Elland Road. Maybe Hudds feel they need to make a fresh start asap and aren't willing to wait for other clubs to get sorted. They won't want to miss out on promotion two years running.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Or you could say the chairman is a lifelong fan of the club & with the millions he has spent he might think they should be in the automatic spots for promotion. A lot of people think Clark is overated, time will tell.

Be interesting to see what happens to HTFC now LC has gone, what will the legacy of his tenure be?

Always need to be careful what you wish for Mr Chairman.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
he would lose.

(a) this is football and as such it is massively result-led
(b) despite having the highest budget in his division and substantial transfer funds they missed promotion last year
(c) as (b) but this year

Drawing games is great but you have to win matches to get promoted. Clark did not win enough and with the resources at his disposable that warrants dismissal

You could be right, but I don't think it's as clear cut as all that. He could argue a fairly strong case about the rumblings that are going on behind the scenes that granny weatherwax alluded too.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
heard from a source Neil Warnock will be taking over

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
not really though is it? He is good at not losing games but with the resources available to them should be winning enough to at least be up there challenging an automatic promotion place. As it is they look like they could lose out again.

Not really a remarkable decision? No, it's not remarkable in the sense that it's never happened before than a manager with such a small loss percentage has been sacked.

To my mind he has to have something about him to make his side so hard to beat. How many chairman would kill for that? Leicester would have been a brilliant gig for him and them, so I'm not surprised the guy's pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here