Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Clark

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So he's sacked after 3 defeats in 55 League matches? A quite remarkable decision.

not really though is it? He is good at not losing games but with the resources available to them should be winning enough to at least be up there challenging an automatic promotion place. As it is they look like they could lose out again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting decision.

I bet Leeds are involved in the somewhere!

Not bad is it, you go on a recordbreaking run, were unlucky against teh Blades last night and get sacked by a money grabbing parasite.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If I were a Huddersfield fan, I'd be bemused as to what the board is up to.

A few weeks ago, they refused Clark the chance to speak to Leicester where he seemed to be the top candidate. Now they've sacked him . presumably paying him a fat slice for redundancy when they could have picked up the compo from Leicester.

Strange stuff.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Robbie Simpson, Banik Afobe, Jordan Rhodes, Theo Robinson, Alan Lee, Joe Garner, Danny Cadamarteri, Lee Novak, Gary Roberts, Anthony Pilkington. Would it be fair to surmise that at different times with that attacking talent at your disposal you may just be expected to have managed to get a team out of the 3rd tier? Of course it would.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Interesting decision.

I bet Leeds are involved in the somewhere!

Not bad is it, you go on a recordbreaking run, were unlucky against teh Blades last night and get sacked by a money grabbing parasite.

Or you could say the chairman is a lifelong fan of the club & with the millions he has spent he might think they should be in the automatic spots for promotion. A lot of people think Clark is overated, time will tell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Or you could say the chairman is a lifelong fan of the club & with the millions he has spent he might think they should be in the automatic spots for promotion. A lot of people think Clark is overated, time will tell.

there is a hell of a lot going on in the background with the ownership of the ground/kirklees council and Hudders Giants. Clarke was becoming embroiled in the p[olitics and I wonder if it was seen as a good time to ditch him.

there is correspondance the Examiner picked up suggesting HTFC vacate the ground and look to relocate.

Its getting very messy

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Warnock would get them up.

he did before...I was at the playoff final when Town beat bristol Rovers......warnock had a record of never losing a playoff final at that point.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dan Roan [MENTION=12249]Dan[/MENTION]roan

Sources close to Lee Clark say he was fired in 2 minute phone call from Huddersfield chairman - Clark now considering unfair dismissal claim
Retweeted by Oliver Kay

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I can smell an 'unfair dismissal' lawsuit..

he would lose.

(a) this is football and as such it is massively result-led
(b) despite having the highest budget in his division and substantial transfer funds they missed promotion last year
(c) as (b) but this year

Drawing games is great but you have to win matches to get promoted. Clark did not win enough and with the resources at his disposable that warrants dismissal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here