Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Clark

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's on the HTFC site now

Huddersfield Town has today parted company with First Team Manager Lee Clark and his coaching team.

Huddersfield Town Chairman Dean Hoyle said:

"This was a very difficult decision; one not taken lightly or in response to one result. Concerns have been raised over recent weeks.

"Lee and his coaching staff have put their all into the job over the past three seasons and he has made a huge contribution to the Club.

"However with 16 matches to go we still have an opportunity to achieve promotion and we have made this change with this in mind."

Huddersfield Town would like to place on record it's thanks to Lee and his coaching staff and wish them all the best for the future.

Academy Manager Mark Lillis will take temporary charge of the first team until a new manager is appointed.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I had

Man U
West Ham
Huddersfield
Swindon

in my accumulator at the beginning of the season and Huddersfield were falling to far behind Charlton. I'm happy :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So he's sacked after 3 defeats in 55 League matches? A quite remarkable decision.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm still laughing about this. 43 matches unbeaten, then a defeat away to table-topping Charlton ends the 2nd best ever unbeaten run in English football league history.

Still wobbling from this unusual feeling of actually losing a match they then lose at home to Bournemouth before getting things back on track and going a further 9 unbeaten, until losing by the odd goal to 2nd-placed Sheff Utd.

Surely even Gary Glitter wouldn't get the sack with that sort of run?!

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Don't understand the hype around Clarke. He has failed to get a well invested Huddersfield team promoted twice, when they really should have and seemed to be messing it up for them this season as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't change much but have to say Huddersfield played the most horrible Neanderthal hoofball against us under Clark last season.

Real Stoke-esque "up and at 'em, get it in the mixer to the big lad" stuff.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Has done nothing to justify being considered for either job really. Shows how much influence the media has that he is rated. Paul Wilson of the Guardian made him his manager of the year last year!

I'm not a fan of Lee Clarke, but what did he for Huddersfield was truely unbelievable. They broke that record for the longest unbeaten run in Football History this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NO THEY DIDN'T. THEY LOST IN THE PLAYOFF FINAL. Sorry.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm not a fan of Lee Clarke, but what did he for Huddersfield was truely unbelievable. They broke that record for the longest unbeaten run in Football History this season.

Yes, they haven't lost many games. Just the ones they needed to win.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

But where's it got them?
They spent more than us, more than Posh, but still lost out to both of us. It was a great record, but so many were draws as they looked to hold onto the record at the threat of losing it that it ended up with fellow teams pulling away from them. They're MILES behind Charlton, have a very solid team, a £1m player in Danny Ward, a supposed £1m keeper in Smithies, and the best striker in the league by an absolute MILE, but are still way off the pace.
Records are great, but it's won them absolutely sweet fa.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Leeds would be a bit jump for him seeing as he's never quite managed to get Huddersfield up despite plenty of money. But WOLVES, that would be even more ridiculius, so presumably it's Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here