Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lazio - pre-season friendly at the Amex - Sunday 31st July‬, kick-off ‪3pm‬

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
No-one has mentioned yet that their manager is MARCELO BIELSA. If you don't know this tactical genius, maybe the best shortcut is to point out he was the mastermind of that incredible demolition of Manchester Utd over two legs by Athletic Club of Bilbao a few years ago.

As a convinced beilsista (I mean, how many managers have a name for their followers?!?!), my son and his tactic nerd mates have already bagged tickets in the front row of West Lower to see the great man in action close up.

Also - he is, shall we say, storied. He once resigned as Athletic Club manager rather than apologise to builders he had said were making too-slow progress on some work at San Mames.

How much do you want for those tickets?

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...lo-bielsa-quits-lazio-job-after-just-two-days

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Giving this a miss as the Albion see fit to remove friendlies from the 1901 membership. Given how few we get at friendlies this seems a bit penny pinching to this fan as there is a substantial premium to 1901 membership.

Although I totally get not including European games should we ever manage to attain such dizzy heights.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He left the club in a much better place than when he found it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am looking forward to this game a chance to show my appreciation to the club for a great last season and welcome back Glen .it should be great for kids and my wife is going to the game who does not normally go to games hopes she does not enjoy to much.😁😜

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Giving this a miss as the Albion see fit to remove friendlies from the 1901 membership. Given how few we get at friendlies this seems a bit penny pinching to this fan as there is a substantial premium to 1901 membership.

Although I totally get not including European games should we ever manage to attain such dizzy heights.

Exactly. Own goal by the club for me. A significant outlay and commitment by 1901-ers. Removing friendlies all seems a bit churlish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
For some strange reason I expect the 'away' end will be very quiet...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-to...n-first-day-of-sale-ahead-of-serie-a-campaign

:whistle:

Going by the clubs available seats Lazio have nearly sold out their 2 blocks , looks like the club have taken back S1I S1F S1H S1G southstand home fan tickets off sale through lack of interest and its just the west stand on sale for home fans , odd because i thought they had started selling in the reclaimed areas i mention , looks to be a very low home turn out so far .

Anyone in the know on this as I'm old school and don't buy on line so rang up and spoke to some ticket master style oporator, asked him if they were likely to open the north stand for sale, I might as well have asked him to recite pi to 12 decimal places. In the end tried to book 3 adults and 4 kids on line and was told there was a maximum of 6 per person so I reduced the order and still got the same message.think I'll give it a swerve

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Anyone in the know on this as I'm old school and don't buy on line so rang up and spoke to some ticket master style oporator, asked him if they were likely to open the north stand for sale, I might as well have asked him to recite pi to 12 decimal places. In the end tried to book 3 adults and 4 kids on line and was told there was a maximum of 6 per person so I reduced the order and still got the same message.think I'll give it a swerve

The club rang me yesterday as i had originally booked tickets in the South, the nice chap said that they are closing the North and South stand. So i have been moved to the East.

Going by the clubs available seats Lazio have nearly sold out their 2 blocks , looks like the club have taken back S1I S1F S1H S1G southstand home fan tickets off sale through lack of interest and its just the west stand on sale for home fans , odd because i thought they had started selling in the reclaimed areas i mention , looks to be a very low home turn out so far .

Disappointing but not surprising,the clubs lack of ambition is matched equally by the fans lack of enthusiasm,shame as look forward to the home friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Looks no different in terms of stands open and likely tickets sold to the previous Amex friendlies against Southampton, Sevilla, & Villareal . (Chelsea being the big exception to the rule)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have just looked on line, looks like 409 tickets left for west lower and 1057 left for east lower, if these sell out, will they put SWC tickets on sale ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Which begs the question, why remove friendlies from 1901 membership? We won't be getting a big crowd for any friendlies now the novelty of the Amex has worn off.

I notice that your own seat is not guaranteed if you do purchase, so maybe they'll just shut down the 1901 area or just have one bar open ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here