Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak Signs

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
I can sleep well now, been having nightmares of the thought of Casper or Brez starting in goal for us.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can sleep well now, been having nightmares of the thought of Casper or Brez starting in goal for us.

Agreed - but one of Gus' quotes on the club's website is a tad worrying - see below:

“We had been tracking his progress for some time and he will provide real competition to both Casper Ankergren and Peter Brezovan for the goalkeeper’s jersey this coming season – and that can only be a good thing for the team moving forward.”

Surely Kuszczak won't expect to be anything other than our No 1 keeper. To talk of him "challenging" Ankergren and Brezovan for the jersey is rather odd?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Agreed - but one of Gus' quotes on the club's website is a tad worrying - see below:

“We had been tracking his progress for some time and he will provide real competition to both Casper Ankergren and Peter Brezovan for the goalkeeper’s jersey this coming season – and that can only be a good thing for the team moving forward.”

Surely Kuszczak won't expect to be anything other than our No 1 keeper. To talk of him "challenging" Ankergren and Brezovan for the jersey is rather odd?

he will be number 1, but Gus needs to keep the others Motivated and thinking they can start

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Not really. Standard talk as not to upset you're other two players in that position. At least make them think they have a chance!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:lolol: Brilliant. Banner worthy!

This is awesome news, just what we need! Well done gus and Tony! Keep it up!

They still think they're a big club:

"devastating news, top keeper.

Typical though, we mess about for weeks but Poyet gets the job done.

We're now below Brighton in the pecking order, an all time low".

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Not really. Standard talk as not to upset you're other two players in that position. At least make them think they have a chance!

That makes sense.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
They still think they're a big club:

"devastating news, top keeper.

Typical though, we mess about for weeks but Poyet gets the job done.

We're now below Brighton in the pecking order, an all time low".

Cheeky bar stewards.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Great that's what we need solid foundations starting from the back a left back needed next , then midfield power box to box player and a striker and that's it 4 players = promotion it's a done deal

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...

This. He is hardly going to say "I'm SO glad we have signed a decent keeper as Brez and Casper are utter wank and can piss off as far as I am concerned" He needs to keep them motivated and keep morale up, as that is a large part of his job.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

What was he supposed to say..."the other two are shite, thank f*** we have got a quality keeper"..?

That said, this is Poyet,,he will probably be on the bench.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He also doesn't want Kuszczak thinking he will be a automatic pick and can half-arse it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here